CRINGE

Fuck off Argaytinian, ice hockey is one of the most patrician sports in the world.

So, here it is, the famed but yet impossible to see "puck"
Quite honestly, I wonder how one can, unironically, enjoy watching a sport, where you can never ever see what the players are running after or trying to catch

I realize all the curry dust and explosions in France might obscure your vision, but most people with reasonable eyesight can easily see a hockey puck.

lol

it's a black circle on white ice. how much of a colour contrast do you actually need.

weird flag to see attached to this post

DIDNT

t. messi

read every word

I'll never understand this "can't see the puck" meme. I only watch playoffs hockey and it took me 2 minutes to be able to see and follow the puck just fine.

What is it OP?, can't see shit

I saw the puck once.
That was a good day.

Watching it is okay but playing it must be fucking awesome.

>i can't see the puck
lel are you blind?
even Americans can see the puck lmao

Like clockwork

This deserves to be top comment. Simply epic

t. Finnish goalkeeper

I know it's a meme but I've never been able to see the puck outside of slow-mo replays. Not a good sport!

Awful sport

I just see a picture of ice. Do I need to buy a bigger tv?

top kek

well played

It is literally black on white you blind rat. If you cannot see the puck it is surprising you can read my post, as black on blue is slightly less contrasting than the black of the puck on the white of the ice.

It's a meme from when "high def tv" was 240p

I mean, the only French hockey player is aptly black

You don't have to stare at the puck for all 60 minutes like a damn cat chasing a laser pointet... try looking at the players, the way they're moving etc

My vision is shit and I can still see the puck. It's a bullshit meme perpetuated by people who have never spent time watching the sport.

Somebody dropped a moonpie on ice

>a good hockey watcher looks where the puck is, a great hockey watcher looks where the puck is going to be
>t. dwyane krestly

>mfw some desolate 3rd worlder tries to tell me povertyball is better than hockey

>Missi going after other sports now because Penaldo has beaten him.

>there are anons posting RIGHT NOW who think field hockey is better than ice hockey

didnt read lmao

here

ama

amazing

t. steve nash

This.

But this "sport" is from a country that enjoys flea circus'

Why watch the puck when you can observe the Finnish players instead

ITT people who pretend they see the puck

>black on white
>black on white

ah yes, now I know why it's a popular sport

>watching where the puck is not where it's going to be

Isn't that what you're not supposed to do in povertyball my cocaine American friend

ITT people who unironically can't follow it

Look, I did try to follow a match. But it's a pain in the ass to watch when you come from football, where the ball is so comfy to follow

Get a TV that wasn't made in 1996 and cure your autism so you can read body language and know exactly where it is without seeing it

>trying to explain that I should watch the players instead of the puck
cringe

>The cringe meme
Cringe.

The same people who say it's impossible to understand the rules of cricket when it really takes 5 minutes to get it.

How can you not get the rules of cricket? You hit the ball and run back and forth for a few months, until the losers on the other team finally get you out.

The stick is too short, my back hurts just by watching them play

Can any hockey fans tell me if comparing hockey GoATs is as relatively easy as it is in baseball or did hockey go through numerous rule changes like in gridiron football or basketball that make comparisons throughout eras kinda complicated?

It is not super easy, but easier than other sports. The hard part is in the way defenses/goalies played. Goalies didn't even wear masks for decades, and shot blocking was rare due to inferior protection. A hard puck can fuck you up.

The entire 70s/80s had much more scoring. Gretzky had a couple 200 point seasons whereas today players can barely break 100.

However, even then, Gretzky was head and shoulders above the rest, but Gordie Howe could have mandhandled him physically.

tldr: no, if you only look at pure numbers like goals, but more specifics are somewhat comparable. Goals/assists are affected mostly by the goalies in net rather than the shooters.

Alright, m8. Thanks.

>be me
>finally hit the end of the road with the NBA, done with that "sport"
>started watching hockey these playoffs, really like the excitement
>want to pick it up to replace rigged shithoop
>no clue about rules and no attachment to any teams or the sport at all

i hope this goes okay

The only time you can't see the puck is on a shot, slap or wrist, which makes sense thier too fast, sort of like in baseball when the ball is hit, that's why there are replays my dude

Are you blind

lmao

Also the style of goaltending is a lot different, probably with some of the changes in equipment, but goalies up to even the 80's were still using the stand-up style while every pro now uses the butterfly

jej

It's very easy. Don't let anyone fool you. Just watch. Like any sport, the commentators will imply things about the rules or just downright explain them.

If you want to learn more advanced insights find a Canadian stream (CBC) on "Hockey Night in Canada" (usually saturdays). In the intermissions they will do a segment called "Coaches Corner" with Don Cherry and Ron Mclean. Here they will take replays and highlight what went wrong/or right and they will actually give advice as to how to play as if the viewer was actually a young player themselves. The American broadcasts simply just regurgitate what you've already seen. Also they sometimes pick seemingly unassuming plays rather than the flashy plays that American broadcasts just show over and over.

>Says the french

Yes, I mentioned that. On the plus side one could argue it takes more skill to score now as the players need to elevate the puck. Back in the day the majority of goals were made just by direct shooting, now you almost always need to aim high, unless you have the goalie really confused/beat.

Been cringing over this since I first time I played when I was 6 years old.

That webms thumbnail looks like a fucking piece of meat.