Does anybody care about this meme competition?

Does anybody care about this meme competition?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_UEFA_Group_D
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no lol

pls don't watch

damage con7r0l

I hope it´s better than Club World Cup

>yfw Ronaldo wins another international trophy

Yes, I'm. Chile, Mexico, Poortugal makes it a comfy cup.

mexico, chile, portugal, australia, cameroon, russia and new zealand care

Particularly the mexicans, portuguese TV interviewed a mexican guy (think he's from mexican NT staff) who said winning the 1999 confederations cup was the greatest moment in the history of mexico's men's team

It has meme value.

>CONCACAF is so shit that a confememe cup won at home against brazil's D team is worth more than their golden cup or whatever the name is

I will NOT watch your league until you delet this bullying.

world cup > euro/copa > olympic gold/confederations > the rest

We don't care, we are going to get smashed so please go easy on us chile and whoever the fuck else is in our group.

just give new zealand the cup la

>meme
>didn't qualify
ok, bro

guess you did care if your team participated in it

No. It's literally just a bit of footy to watch while nothing else is on. It's forgotten about as soon as it's over.

Me

It's easier for you to qualify. South America has shit teams compared to Europe.

Kek'd

top kek, that's a lie and you know it.

The shit format UEFA uses is the reason a shitty team like England keeps going on meaningless undefeated streaks to qualify for the world cup, and even they know this to be true.

and Ireland is in a joke of a group now

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_UEFA_Group_D

>Georgia
>Moldova
>Austria

top fucking kek

>Euros
>a competition that Grease, Denmeme and a Poortugal that came 3rd (T H I R D) in their group behind Iceland and fucking Hungary
>relevant

quite the jester we have here

How is the concacaf different?

>winning the 1999 confederations cup was the greatest moment in the history of mexico's men's team

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

>implying he's wrong

>a competition that Grease, Denmeme and a Poortugal
>relevant
Peru have a couple of copas. Even lowly Bolivia have won it. Everybody sends their best team to the Euros while the copa is treated like the tin cup it is. Still when your B team can win it why bother bringing your best.

any european tournament is relevant

>implying brazilians ever cared about Copa America

>b-b-but concacaf!
Panama would murderball Irememe from a playoff spot.

They don't have shit teams, they just have less potential winners.

We care because we're pretty sure Pizzi requires all the games he can have to fix the damn defense if he plans to qualify to the WC and get to semis

We have Herrera as GK instead of Bravo now, he allowed 3 goals from Romania so you have a real decent chance to score a few.

Thanks mate

They don't send their B team because they want to. Their best players all play in Europe and they don't organise their international fixtures based on what UEFA does so they have a lot of matches where they only use South American-based players. They have a different mentality towards international football than we do in Europe because it's simply not feasible for them to treat it the same way as we do.

>Concacaf
>Conmebol

I think you have these confederations mixed up m8

Partially true, back a few copas.ago, like 90's and 2000's it really was a meme tournament and Brazil did sent C squads with U-20 players for testing purposes. Now it got better relevance since a lot of players are from european clubs so there is definately interest in seeing them play in their NT's and the money that comes out of it is just too tempting.

We didn't had a Copa America Centenario because of love for the game

>Their best players all play in Europe
When their best don't compete at the copa how does that impact its prestige? Also, with the copa america centenario there were 2 in 2 years instead of 1 every 4 years like the euros. Even the US have made the semis and mexico even the finals. Bolivia winning it, Peru twice, lmao.

Fair enough m89. Am I right that you still have some international friendlies where you only use South American-based players though?

>and even they know this to be true

Obviously, nobody cares about qualifying games. The only person who took pride in the last Euros perfect run was that old cunt Hodgson.

All the top nations consistently qualify, the seeding is fine. If anything should be changed it's stopping all these tiny population islands competing and wasting everyone's time.

Are you implying that we're shit? m8 we have a 20 year old program that started mostly from scratch and yet I saw my team play in a wc quarterfinal, two international finals and a final in that time frame

See what this guy said, times change. Chile aren't world beaters but they're no fucking mugs either, it shouldn't surprise anyone that they could win it. The South American teams are still strong in general, they're just slightly behind the best European teams at present. They'll have a resurgence again within the next 10 years, these things go in cycles, it's not the first time this has happened.

*two international semifinals

>back a few copas.ago

It was always like that. See the stats m8. We only won 5 titles between 1916 and 1990, all of them when we were hosting the cup.

It's easy for europoors to do this shit. Germany 2014 was basically Buyerwinslol, Spain 2010 was basically Halal + Barcelona.

It's the first time both Colombia and Chile are somewhat relevant. Chile will see their best players retire soon. With Vidal's lifestyle and considering his age Russia will be his last World Cup, Alexis is getting on as well and I doubt he'll be much of a factor in 2020 while Bravo already is passed it.

The US's best finish ever at a world cup dates back from the very first one. The US have been crap for a long time while Concacrap guarantees a free ride to the World Cup. How else would a team of literal who's """"qualify"""" for the World Cup.

>It's the first time Colombia are somewhat relevant
>What is the 90s

OK but they are traditional football nations so it's not unusual for them to have a good team. It's just like how Belgium have a strong team now but haven't really in the past. It's not the same as if Australia or China suddenly has a good team.

Chile did fa in the 90s. Colombia had a bit of hype behind them but nothing much came of it, except one dumbfuck getting himself shot.

Literally the same hype of belgium's golden generation lmao

We're shit because we literally dont care yet despite starting out late compared to the rest of the world, we've made strides to try to catch up. At least we're not eternal mediocre trash who's always loved the sport like Memegium

>third most populous country in the world
>most populous developed country in the world
>brags about being able to compete at a sport that isn't a national priority

If only 10% of your population cared about football that's still three times as many people as the whole of Belgium. There are multiple current Belgian players who are far better than any American player ever.

>10%
Not even close. Less than 5% in this country care. We had no national team program or even a stable league before we hosted the world cup
>Belgium have better players
They have more history in the game than we do. Now point to me their world cup trophies or international cups like Euros wins, please.

Belgium were better in the 90s. 1986 might have been the best result but the team reached its peak afterwards. Since then it has been a steady decline and only recently, since 2014, Belgium are back on the up.

Already reached QFs the first time back at the World Cup with an extremely young team, still the youngest starting line-up ever at EURO2016, and a crap manager that has been sacked. Going home after the favourites, Argentina, had a severe case of mass epilepsy (kicking in after a very early goal from a lucky deflection) is an OK start. Almost qualified for Russia and looking to improve on the previous result.

>scores from lucky deflection
>90' of epilepsy
Least epileptic argie (pic related)

when Belgium won the 1920 Olympics, it was the most prestigious trophy in football. Back then there was no World Cup and football at the Olympics was an event for senior teams, not youth like it is now. DESU, we don't even give a shit about it. To their credit many Americans donot care that much about their best finish ever because it's ancient crap. It's embarrassing that Uruguay do. Their crest, lmao, what a joke.

Only 10 nations have won a World Cup or European Championship in close to a century.

Belgium not winning one is hardly valid criticism.

If I am at home at the games hours I will watch it, if not then I will not give a fuck.

Still doesn't answer the question.

What's the question m8? Different in what?

>a cup of champions doesn't matter

This is the state of UEFA babbies and CONMEBOL chimps. Only a matter of time before your cuckfederacies become irrelevant and based AFC/CONCACAF rise.

condfede better than wc desu

It does actually, Concacaf is filled with meme caribbean teams with a grand total of 41 members, UEFA has 54 members with also shitton of meme teams while Conmebol has 10 teams that are worldwide known which makes it way more competitive.

That was argenbro's point, the confederations are completely different in membership size and composition

You claimed that Conmebol has shittier teams than UEFA and that is a fucking lie, even Bolivia can beat up shit unknown small yuropeans literal who's.

pointless argument. all the european teams who qualify are much better than south american ones who don't, the route is irrelevant

this desu
based japan

>all the european teams who qualify are much better than south american ones who don't

kek

from 2014

>germany
>spain
>france
>italy
>netherlands
>england
>portugal
>switzerland
>belgium
>greece
vs
>venezuela
>peru
>bolivia
>paraguay

yeah, not happening

Greece, Switzerland, Portugal, Englel and Spain in 2014 were not better than Paraguay or Peru.

yes, very impressive

I was laughing about the stupidity of your post m8. comparing germany/italia/spain with bolivia/peru/venezuela is a guarantee of kek's, not an argumment.

The gold cup is shit, it's literally LOL USA/MEXICO WINS LMAO. The Copa America is worth way more since there's high tier teams every time.

c'mon m8 I obviously didn't mean the very top teams

my point was roughly the 32 or whatever strongest teams in the world qualify even if a confederation has a single tough table. the system works just fine

>World Cup > Euros = Copa America > Confederations > African Cup of Nations > Asian Cup > Olympic gold > AFC Asian Cup > Mickey Mouse Cup > ...... >Copa Oro

>friendlies

> Euros
> San Marino
> Moldavia
> Faroe islands
> Kosovo
> Lichtenstein
> 15+ more meme teams
> better than Copa

Copa America has only 9 teams, every single one of them could beat Ireland and at least 5 of them could easily beat any team in Europe except maybe for Germany, France and Spain. Prove me wrong faggot.

Even in Russia nobody cares at all

Ronaldo-sama will job at us, so yes.

Fiji has a chance

peru is shit just deal with that

7-1

>The city of Memexico

>ruskies
>germoney
>shiteroos
>chilel
>memexico
>islanders shiteroos
>portulel
>niggers
It has everything to be the easiest tourney germany wins ever.

>niggers
wtf is brazil playing too?

Is Japan is this cup? Why not?

i hope mejico gets raped and humilliated again

>i hope mejico gets raped and humilliated again

this desu

I care.
PORTUGAL CARALHO

This

I love Mexicans, but I'm rooting for Portsuuugal in this cup.

i care about it too

PORTUGAL CARALHO

If dub Australia wins the meme cup

P-pls let us win

What is the difference between Asian cup and AFC asian cup?

I care

Having some football to watch is nice

Although I doubt we'll get any good games till after the groups

I also havnt seen the squad lists, are they mainly B teamers or did most countries pick their first teams?

We don't have a B team

All first teams except Germany who'll still probably win it

russia is not first team cos of injury

we lack €44 million worth of players

Australia is now in the AFC, so Japan has to win the cup to qualify for the Confederations.
Winner from all the regional tournaments + Next WC host + Previous WC winner are the only teams that can attend with the current format.

No, Because even Germoney dosen't care and sends a B-Team

Doubtful that teams like Bolivia, Peru, Venezuela could beat Ireland on a consistent basis. Likewise doubtful that for instance Honduras would. There are really only 4 strong teams in South America: Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Colombia. The rest are average to poor by UEFA standards. Bolivia would get fubar by fucking Iceland ffs.

Correction: I meant Ecuador not Honduras

>not listing uruguay
Wtf mate
Also the power of conmebol shitters is altitude + muderball

Yeah sorry Uruguay is good as well. What do you think Ireland is if not attitude and murderball?

They always try their best you fucking cunt!