Was he a dybbuk?

was he a dybbuk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2yl95hx6mcA
youtube.com/watch?v=89e6uFvpFdw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DUDE NIHILISM LMAO

But didn't Larry face the wrath of G-d at the end because he gave that student a C?

DUDE JOB LMAO

This movie was supposed to parallel God's test to Abraham

Please, accept the mystery.

Yes

Y*hweh is a prick

I've never really understood people who accuse the Coen Brothers of Nihilism; in fact, I'd argue that, in respect to most of the filmmakers working today, they seem to adhere to the strictest set of morals of anyone. In almost all of their movies, they seem to be arguing that 'life is often cruel and meaningless, and it will become so much worse -and without an exit- if you dare to break the morals that have been taught to you over the course of your life.' At the very least, the characters who make like Job and stagger through the various misadventures that the Coens throw at them invariably find meaning by the end of the film.

>life is often cruel and meaningless, and it will become so much worse -and without an exit- if you dare to break the morals that have been taught to you over the course of your life.
so essentially the cinematic version of dostoevsky

This, though there's some movies where the characters who did nothing wrong still end up dying for no reason, like Carla Jean in No Country, and Chad in Burn After Reading

DUDE PARKING LOT LMAO

Can we all agree that Fargo is the best thing the Coens ever made?

*worst
Yes absolutely

No Country is better IMO. The lack of humor makes the plot feel more urgent and it has more impact.

Have to say Miller's Crossing on that one, sorry.

Possibly. I admit, I haven't read nearly enough Russian literature in my life.
Carla Jean was killed as a result of her husband's convo with Chigurh on the phone, when Llewelyn bet what he did not owe. Regarding Burn after Reading, weren't all of the characters irredeemable, materialistic dopes?

But what happened to the goy????

Who cares?

Chad only really died from his stupidity because he thought he was in a spy movie. The Gym manager died too even though he only wanted to help Linda cause he had a crush on her. The real piece of shit characters like Linda and Harry got off scot free though. That was probably their most pessimistic movie now that I think about it. Might explain why a lot of people don't like it (though I still think it's hilarious).

You can't seriously think it's worse than Intolerable Cruelty and The Ladykillers.

Well alright. I just think it's really bad and shockingly overrated.

Both of those films are very funny imo

Yeah you're right. But regarding Chad and Linda, they both thought that, just because they found the dude's usb, they were entitled to being payed back for the trouble of returning it. But yeah, dude was definitely more naive than anything else. The gym manager was just a poor innocent who was mixed up in everyone's problems. Poor guy. Also, you're right about the film, it's definitely one of the funniest to come out in a while:

youtube.com/watch?v=2yl95hx6mcA

JUST LOOK AT THESE DUBS, LARRY

Job. Same thing tho.

Carla Jean knew Lewellen was up to no good but didnt stay with her Momma, instead dragged her into danger and got killed as a result. She wanted the stolen money, that was her sin.
Chad illegally entered a private residence and was shot. This happens every day in America.

SY ABLEMAN?
Y

A
B
L
E
M
A
N
?

I want to talk about the Coens with people other than you

Is the Goy's Teeth scene the greatest scene ever put to film?

Just put this on. Yes, it was a dibic.

Anyway, there's another jew, son!

Were the rooms at the Jolly Roger really quite liveable? Did it make eminent sense for Larry to move out of his own home?

I love A Serious Man so much. In my top 5 Coens. Michael Stuhlbarg should've gotten some awards consideration.

Agree

youtube.com/watch?v=89e6uFvpFdw
This fucking scene alone

He was a serious man.

The dybbuk scene only sets the mood for the movie and doesn't have any real relation to the story. It's all about uncertainty in a Judaic setting.

Was Larry, dare I even utter it, a man who takes pleasure in watching his wife enjoy the company of other men?

He doesn't derive pleasure out of it, but his inaction in face of it leads to him deserving it in the face of a Supreme Being tired with his helplessness and lack of initiative.

If Gopnick was living in a just world, Y*hweh would have forgiven him anything up to and including a shooting spree after the shit he was forced to go through

i thought people called him peanut arbuckle?

Both yes and no. He is human, but his role in Larrys story arc is meant to be the same as that of a Dybbuk

This, but it also felt like it was meant to give a sense of that there is something supernatural under the surface

it triggered my trypophobia

I don't understand what's bad about Fargo
I get if it's not to your liking, but to me it's hard to really find things to criticize objectively

can you enlighten me? genuinely curious.

definitely my sleeper favorite Coen
soundtrack is one of the best too, somehow

Anne Erin, your biggest fan here. I'm glad you're still alive

You're a weirdo my man

Your weirdo :3

He looks like how i would imagine old man sam hyde to look like