ITT: best horror movies of the 21st century

I'm about to watch the babadook... is it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6wkc4uCaLpw#t=227
youtube.com/watch?v=rH_O5h2109M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No no horror moive is good

Eh. The kid annoyed the fuck out of me, almost to the point of turning the movie off. Can't fucking stand kids that won't stfu. Other than that, it's okay but the ending was shit. 5.5/10

You've got to be kidding.... horror is the most entertaining genre ever

yeah it's fine.

you're right.. I'm two minutes in and I already want to kick this little shit

Cool, keep blogging

I take that back. 4.5/10. Fuck this movie.

sure dude... 10 minutes in.. the kid got even more annoying

I liked it. I didn't like parts of the ending but it was pretty enjoyable overall. News announcement scene was really good. Reminded me of silent hill.

Your a joke

His A joke?

Its pretty good. Not great. I thought The VVitch was better desu. It follows is almost as good, it's ending is a bit weak though.

I think the best modern horror so far is probably Audition, unless you consider Lynch movies horror.

That spazzy kid was one more tally in the "reasons to not have kids" list.

He played his part beautifully for the movie though, and it's a good one.

The VVitch was much better as a movie overall, but I feel like it kinda missed the mark on horror. Decent creepy vibe but most of the movie was just an oppressive atmosphere of how much it sucked ass being a pilgrim.

I found the Babadook incredibly dull, i understood it, the ideas were nice. But i was just bored throughout, nothing really made me felt any sense of dread or disturbance.

And honestly the sounds really threw me off. Dinosaur noises straight outta Jurassic park, noises i recognised from World of Warcraft. I watching a slightly dull movie to laughing at stupid sounds during something that was meant to be serious.

the kid being annoying is the point of the whole movie. The babadook is the psychical manifestation of depression, the kid's the reason she's depressed.

there are other ways to show this than the kid screaming his head off for half the fucking movie. i got the point the first time he started going apeshit.

No it's cringe because the director was a retard that made shitty sound decisions

it's good at putting you in the stressed mindset of the mom, so I think it worked for what it wanted

The first Insidious.

Audition is 17 years old user.

Can't really think of a better horror made in the past decade, haven't seen The VVITCH though.

Has some flaws but still very good, soundtrack was excellent.

Plus the mom is a total qt

the annoying as shit stock sound effect they kept using youtube.com/watch?v=6wkc4uCaLpw#t=227

I don't remember hearing that once

That was the exact moment my immersion was broken and the remainder of the movie was just not as good as it could have been.

I Saw The Devil
The Conjuring
The Host
Let the Right One In
The Curse
Session 9
Martyrs

It's the worst "horror" movie I've seen in a while. The child actor is atrocious, the monster was shit and reduced to a couple of cheap jump scares, editing was half assed etc etc.

You should be permabanned from Sup Forums desu

The vvitch is in another kino-league compared to this scheisse. Actually it's the best horror movie I've seen in ages.

I would second Martyrs, it's not a scary movie but it is something else. Very rewatchable.

I still think the Ring is the scariest movie this century, the American one.

>I still think the Ring is the scariest movie this century, the American one
lol

What do you think is scarier? I've seen a lot of recent horror films, that one still seems the best in that department

watched this earlier

was better than i thought it would be. I honestly thought it was going to be complete trash. Sure it does contain quite a few modern horror movie cliches but the family drama was convincing and added some substance to what was a pretty basic horror movie

I really enjoyed "You're Next" I also enjoyed "Oculus" ... thought "The Cabin in The Woods" was complete fucking trash though... such a stupid concept for a movie

forgot pic

Not stupid, very cool and interesting

Came to post this

The way the ghosts change their expressions in an instant is horrorkino

The Thing (1982)

>tfw hated this movie forever because of the kid

>watched it one day while bored
>ended up being one of my favourite horrors

It's really fucking good IMO, but it's much more of a psychological kind of horror movie. It's hardly any more a horror film than Black Swan is. A lot of people act like it sucks because they expected it to have a plot like every other horror movie while somehow being much better than any of them

Also, be warned that the kid rather annoying during the first half of the film, but that is just so you can empathize what the mom is going through. He's not really annoying at all for the second half, which shows that him being annoying is just the kid's acting (which is pretty good for a 7 year old).

Anything but the Witch.

I think William Friedkin's praise for this movie hurt it a lot more than it helped it. It put people's expectations ridiculously high and made them think it was going to be a classic-style horror movie like The Exorcist

I hate horror, but I liked this movie.

movies where parents try to kill their children scare the shit out of me. The Shining only scared me for that reason.

No. Its pretty bland with great acting from the mother to save it overall but its overhyped.
Witch was better yeah, but it follows is also better, like a lot better. The fuck are you smoking?
litterally unfinished
Ive yet to see a horror thread NOT mention this.

Sounds like every Mike Flanagan movie

you should check out his other flicks. Oculus, Absentia and Hush are all great, while on the surface looking like regular horror trash. Haven't seen Ouija

Hush is available for free HD streaming on youtube somehow:
youtube.com/watch?v=rH_O5h2109M

having seen the conjuring I'll give the rest of those a miss, thanks

he wasn't "screaming his head off for half the movie," he only actually screamed a couple of times. The kid was just a huge douchebag for the first part of the movie

will do, thanks user

>News announcement scene was really good. Reminded me of silent hill.

ha, I loved that part. I converted it into an audio-webm last year, you can watch it here: