Do you even really like Nippon music? It's all trash

Do you even really like Nippon music? It's all trash.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k3hsK-NdDzo
youtube.com/watch?v=Yy3uR3G9Otw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>worst girl
opinion discarded

Yes.
Western shoegaze is garbage aside from the big names. I unironically prefer Japgaze.

only with miku vocals tho

Impressive how much shit taste can be crammed onto a single post

of course, my favorite genre is 24/7 Lo-Fi Hip Hop Chill Beats Study/Gaming/Relax

well I forgot to mention that the only other things I like are emo and black metal, so there's even more for you

I like good music I don't really care where it came from.

Nu-gaze is especially terrible, but japanese shoegaze is worse. The only good shoegaze band is MBV. I don't get why it's so gushed over on this board.

BM is not that bad desu

get fuckin cultured, OP.

Weak bait.

what about bowery electric and lovesliescrushing

I was gonna call this a shitpost, but now that I think about it, Japan doesn't really produce anything of worth.
Pretty much any genre examples you can get reccd can be found elsewhere, and done much better.

Jap shoegaze is so fucking dull and samey, at least some Nugaze bands had the semblance of trying giving a shit in making new sounds, even if they failed.

oh is this the new epic thread you'll spam every fucking day

Yikes!

t. whitey with yellow fever

what am awful post

holy fucking shit dude

t. whitey with white guilt

underrated post

Go be a faggot somewhere else.

>bait chart baits fantanofags
pottery

>I was only pretending to be retarded
every time

>i-i was merely pretending to be an absolute retard

I think you're on to something user

I don't understand this chart, someone explain please

I sincerely don't understand the japanese shoegaze meme. There's like 3 good bands and 200 imitations. Western shoegaze is much more varied and less stale.
>slowdive
>mbv
>candy claws/sound of ceres
>besnard lakes
>pinkshinyultrablast
>enemies

These are just a few from recent years that all have distinct sounds. Meanwhile in japan you have Boris clones (which isn't even shoegaze on the best of days), lemon's chair clones and matryoshka which is a radiohead clone.

i like imitations, and stuff like candy claws irritates me
the other bands on your list are good, though.

>no synthesised voices
into the trash it goes

Personally I'm not a fan of candy claws but they are unique. The problem with the vast majority of the japanese shoegaze bands is that they're bad imitations of each other and they don't even get feeling right. They're all 3 person bands with female vocals and its the same kind of slow, lethargic music that you'd find performed live in a hipster coffee in Tokyo. And let me tell you, japanese hipsterdom is nothing like western hipsterdom. My research project supervisor was one

Only half of those bands have clean vocals. And clean vocals are god tier. Listen to Until In Excess, Imperceptible UFO and tell me that isn't phenomenal and that it would be improved by having synthesised vocals

careful not to trigger them, there are gonna be 2x more k and jpop threads

not my post, but enjoy your stay before you fuck off back to r/fantanoforever

what the actual fuck does fantano have to do with this thread
you're obsessed

There's a Japanese group/artist for every kind of musical style. The Shibuya scene has some of the hottest acts in music. They're doing fine over there.

not my fault fantanofags are everywhere

>voices
>vocals
I was memeing about vocaloid, not modified voices per se

I didn't know the album you mentioned, and I'm sure I would love their live performances from what I'm hearing but i don't think id put them in my work playlist

my musical tastes have become too much to a weird sort of chiptune/rock blend that I need electronic imperfections in my routine/daily playlist

case in point youtube.com/watch?v=k3hsK-NdDzo

it's not for everyone though, I get that

>comparing Jpop with Kpop
Don't be dumb user.
You can like both japanese and western music.

I like it for the same reason i like some shitty songs from my childhood: when i listen to it i remember the source material

asia puts out some of the best psych and noise rock

kek

There's some good japgaze. Bonus to this is a lot of the songs are fun to play on guitar.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yy3uR3G9Otw
comfy

What are some examples of BAD japanese shoegaze?

These guys
Kinoko Teikoku
Hartfield
Cruyff in the Bedroom
Burrrn

are all notable offenders

all of it because shoegaze is trash music for gay teens

shoe gayz. get it. haha.

jap music is legit amazing

it was hard to admit when i was edgy but it really combines good lyricism with interesting and pleasant to listen to melodies

with most western music you get one and not the other which just ends up being total fuckery

>black
>low quality
Found the autist.

>what is Susumu Hirasawa

I don't get it

Don't post about him here. I don't want these faggots shitting it up about him.

Anyone here ever heard of frederic? Check out eye, kaneshi ureshi and rererepeat. Some nice disco-esque music with some mighty tasty bass licks.

How cute. He thinks Hirazawa is not well known around here!

>Hirazawa

depends
is there someone like Lil Peep in japanese music?

the keyboardist from An Cafe

Gril Ranma > Ukyo > Kodachi > Shampoo > Akane