Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aEbAWWoVVZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hype

It will make a million dollars.

It will be fantastic.

Great poster, but considering the last 5 films to feature Alien's were shit I'd bank on it not bucking the trend.

You mean from the director that brought you Prometheus and the writer that brought you Green Lantern, and Heroes?

Maybe John Logan can salvage it. Scott is fairly lazy and only attaches himself to screenplays that don't require micromanagement. So I give it 35/65

I want to be excited for this, but I absolutely hated Prometheus. AvP and Alien 3 were both better movies than Prometheus. Not even memeing.

Ridley Scott left most of his talent in the 70's and his last few movies have shown that he's happy to adapt garbage scripts.

Why would it be good? Why would you think so even for a second?

You must have a really shitty personality. Prometheus had amazing visuals and a better sense of adventure than maybe any science fiction movie in history. The only believable grip is with the characters, and it's extremely over-exaggerated by fat neckbeards, especially since all Alien movies have shitty characters.

$0.03 has been added to your account.

If you gave me the option to watch the three, I would watch AvP, then Alien 3, then forget about Prometheus. That movie was a straight up turd. Visuals don't make a movie good.

I'm gonna fuck his shit up.

Again, that's because you're brain damaged. Prometheus is by far the best movie in the universe, followed up at a distance by Alien. The rest might as well not exist.

>and a better sense of adventure than maybe any science fiction movie in history
You are unbelievably stupid. My initial reaction is to say you only watch Hollywood blockbuster sci-fi, but that statement still wouldn't be true.

>Visuals don't make a movie good.
They do, but Prometheus is still trash.

Prometheus was not better than Alien.

>shitty personality
>brain damaged
kek. Prometheus is a shit stain in the undies that became the Alien universe.

dubs confirm a flop

needs a more 90's feel

oops reroll, meant to say a disappointment

It's by far better than Alien. The only thing Alien has going for it is the Engineer ship scene. Most of Prometheus from beginning to end captures the feeling of that one scene. It's no contest.

this one is unironically better

It was completely out of place. I'd argue it's a soft reboot and not a prequel at all.

did you just assume that morphs gender?

kek

my thoughts on a film that hasn't come out yet? gee, give me a few moments to decide.

you fucking idiot.

>HE's
Fucking illiterate monkey.

>RUN
>showing the face

oof. Is this how you sell an Alien movie? OOF

And how about we make Alien the good guy in this movie? It's about time.

I would have really liked to see an Alien movie set on a retro future space holiday cruises type of thing. Just space tourists and security with minimal weaponry.

>wanting any movie to be about action instead of discovery, existentialism, space, physics, technology, biology, creation, etc.

Into the trash

Wouldn't put it past them to be honest. I could imagine them fighting off one of those big engineers again, then suddenly when all hope is lost, an Alien jumps on the engineer saving them all, after it gives them a nod in a way that subtly resembles a T Rex and walks away.

I don't want it to be about Action. I just want an alternative non military setting that would be different to miners or terraformers.

>a nod
how about a thumbs up?

Wait, so you want Die Hard and The Fifth Element jammed into an Alien movie? How tired movie cliches do you need in one film?

Epic idea my dude

maybe this but with the Alien youtube.com/watch?v=aEbAWWoVVZ8

Genuine kek

holy crap that's bad I'm glad I skipped this show

Prometheus would have made sense, but the producers cut out 40 minutes of footage.

test

Well.. we all know that this is going to be an Alien movie.. If you didn't know it at this moment then you really haven't been paying attention because they leaked behind the scenes photos of lots of Alien practical effects and props a month ago.

>poster has alien head on front
>"guys its gonna be an alien movie"

You're fucking dumb right? Like I said, they are working on hundreds of Alien props behind the scenes and you consider this NOT an Alien movie?

test

There hasn't been a good Alien movie since Aliens. It's over, just let it go.

He's saying you are a fucking retard for pointing out what's common fucking sense, captain obvious.

I was more intrigued by this fan cover which was made 2 years ago when the film was originally titled "Paradise".

Alien: Paradise would have been a better title.

Nah, there hasn't been a good Alien movie since Alien.
Aliens is a 5/10 Vietnam war movie pretending to be science fiction.

>It's the humans must run away from Greek like Gods while they also battle the Aliens
How will it rate?

mfw one of the actors lets out a quip "So this is how Hercules was born"?

No I was pointing out how fucking obvious it was that it's going to be an alien movie, you faggot

REALLY makes you think

Yeah, a movie about soldiers hunting down man-eating aliens in the future on an extraterrestrial planet colony with a corporate ulterior motive definitely isn't sci fi

Batman vs Aliens when?

Already been done

oops my bad I pleb

>punches hold in alien skull
>hand melts

Tell that to Zod's snapped neck

When do we get the trailer
Alien movie

Alien3 was great but AvP was gutter-trash. Prometheus was at least Aliens-tier.

no, it doesn't

Alien 3 was a worse Alien. It was trash.

Thanks for letting everyone know not to listen to anything else you say. Alien3 is tied with the first for best-Alien.

Alien >= Alien3 > Prometheus >= Aliens > powergap > most of the video games and comics > Resurrection > the rest of the video games and comics > AvP 1 & 2

Alien 3 brought nothing to the table and was a retread of Alien in a prison. Nothing about it was satisfying.

It's got a new visual direction, an edgy cast with completely different dynamics, a different approach to handling the alien and closure for Ripley's story.

But this is so painfully objectively wrong

Alien>Aliens>Alien isolation>Alien3>Avp>Alien resurrection>AvP2
AvP2 is the worst movie i have seen in the cinemas, you couldnt even see what was happening.

this is a blue board

I thought it was hope solos vag at first too but it's actually a face hugger from the movie alien

>Batman Two Aliens
Is there a Batman One Aliens too or does he fight two Aliens in this or what? Kinda weird title.

Those aren't anything new. You could justify every remake by using those same points. Doesn't change the fact the movie is a poor man's Alien.

Yo i'm gonna runteldat

UM DID YOU JUST ASSUME THE XENOMORPH'S GENDER??

>closure for Ripley's story
That's literally what Aliens was about...

We found out that aliens can somehow live through being submerged in molten metal, even though a simple flamethrower kills them

That's a bold ranking system you've created. Does 35/65 differ from 7/13?

Maybe it's like blood pressure. The doctor tells you one random number over the other and you just nod as if you know whether that means it's good or not

i really hope you're not this stupid

You said it brought nothing to the table. It does. Now the discussion is whether or not what it brings is good. I personally liked it.

After Alien3 it was more closed.

That's a good tagline.

I know Giger was never subtle, but damn, that is possibly the least subtle sexual shit I have ever seen.

Kill this meme

It's true I don't know how blood pressure readings work. I guess I must be stupid then. Boo hoo hoo.

>hope you're not this stupid

It's literally what I do

doesn't look like anything to me

What is sexual about that? You're probably some hentai watching fuck

The teaser poster for the original Alien used the tagline "A word of warning..."

What is "RUN" but a word of warning?

poetry, rhymes, etc

Google sez it's called Batman: Aliens, and that's the cover for Volume 2. Still a retarded name.

movie posters have come a long way haven't they

>Starts off where Prometheus ends
>Shaw heads off to Engineer homeworld
>Idiot Shaw puts David back together
>Arrive at homeworld, it's empty
>David subdues Shaw, experiments with goo
>Creates Xenos that we're familiar with
>*Skip main bulk of shitty movie*
>David puts Alien eggs on the Derelict and sends it to Earth
>Shaw intervenes and causes it to crash on Lv426
>Outro

I'm wondering if these new "neomorphs" will be at some stage part-android, which will lead to the biomechanic look that classic aliens have.

>mfw unironically loved Prometheus despite some of the dumb character actions/motivations

If this is as good or better, I'll be happy.

5/5

Finaly. After all these years Alien is back.

And what Sup Forums does? Cries. All those capeshits and this gets all the cries... Sup Forums is reddit 2.0

same

when will gearbox face justice for their crimes? they're literally the worst big players of the industry