twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Flea being cool and not understanding the Flea hate

second for rate this, especially the bass
clyp.it/g5hrltdl

>76586577
if you think vai's tone sucks post yours then faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=v4ZFyEbRnlQ

shit you got me

Rate this progression, I might ditch that last I chord if I can think of more stuff to put in

wtf those c

Reminder that if you can't play it to a metronome, you can't play it.

>leaving right now to buy my first bass

>I IV V
wow you really wrote a progression!

c means 2nd inversion, so the IVc is a major seventh chord in second inversion and the Vc6 is a V triad with an added 6th in second inversion, I probably wrote it wrong.

>musicians are outcasts
Is it true /gg/?

what is a second inversion
i keep reading vi instead of iv on your posts i should see a doctor

Thanks man :)
Lol I know its not even a progression really which is why I wanna add more to it, I think the major seventh in the IV and added 6th in the V is what makes it at least a little more interesting. Here I fixed it sorta.

youtu.be/FV18e0lRaPE

I posted last thread but didnt get much help, can some more experienced bassists tell me if my fingering and picking is correct? Im at music school and im in the lower bracket of theory knowledge so im trying to get as much as feedback and pointers as possible to keep up

>pic related me in power stance

Thats only love can break your heart by Neil Young my dude.

did you first start playing on music school already?

lol 2nd inversion means the 5th of the chord is in the bass instead of the root

post more bullying reaction pics

if you dont want to, then it can be those that you dont care about

F

you have absolutely no concept correct in any of your posts. go back and start with the C major scale in your theory book, but don't skim through this time.

I don't understand

What do you mean? Ive been playing bass since 17, now 20 and am 1st year if thats what you meant

wtf that stuff iv4/3 v6/4add6

is this a correct way of writing his progression?
I - IVM14/D - V13/E

how old are you and who bought you a fucking rick bass

I liked it more when you larped as Jesse, he was more hatable

thats what i meant but you said you were a beginner when you posted here

What are you on about, If you could actually clarify what i'm wrong about besides writing the chords weird that would help me out

REPRESENTING FOR MARSHALL AND LONG HAIRED NIGGAS

No no not at all, im just conscious of my technique as im self taught and was looking for feedback from more experienced players

I can't really tell from all the bull but, upper case roman means major and lower case means minor. The numbers themselves refer to the notes on the major scale of the key.

so saying >I think the major seventh in the IV and added 6th in the V is what makes it at least a little more interesting

makes no sense

Im 20 and i bought it with my money from working a night shift at lush thank u
whos jesse

Woppsies

Now please can we just fucking discuss my technique

theres no 3/4 on that chord or /4 on the other

>Lush
Sounds like a a gay nightclub. I can see a trap working nights there under the table ;).

Im one of the people who larp as you hahaha

Jcm 900 GAYdred LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

what the fuck you're doign on a music school then

No we're going to discuss how effeminate you look and how you should be taking dicks since obviously you're a huge gayboy who's into yourself way too much

lets talk about his technique /gg/

I already know that roman

????are you fucking thick, i can play my instrument, i know theory, i was just asking if there were any flaws in my FINGERING, do you even understand english?

good for you.

Also stop using a pick work on your fingering. You have gone as far as you can picking.

The jig is up

yes thats what you just said. cant you ask that to anyone on the fucking school that you attend to do precisely that?

Yea cuz we can listen to how your fingers look and move.
Im not even mad nothing more is expected from failed guitarists i mean bass guitar players. Roman tier through and through

No i already know how to play finger style, thats why im asking about my picking technique, im a huge alex webster fan and have spent the last few years getting sonic speed at triplets

R8 it m8

imagine being this insecure

Lmao youll never be billy sheehan good and it makes you mad.
youtu.be/8i5smOt-cb8

anyone with good monitors can check this mix for me
clyp.it/g5hrltdl

Why does your whole house look like a third world country bathroom ?
Nohardwoodfloors/10

youtu.be/_ZQtLCFbocI

This is me at 18 playing finger style, dont project too hard my man

wood floors are for old people

Thats true

Why is everyone so hostile when people post vids, i literally just wanted some friendly feedback bois, ive been here since 2014 and the bants are just getting too much

>its too much
lmao he fucking said it

Where do you think you are kid? This is a pro Gibson and Pro Marshall Amplification board

Oh fuck I see lol, I was talking about the notes of the chords themselves and disregarded the scale, my bad. Ive been writing the roman numerals uppercase in all my posts though, so if you see it lowercased its a different poster.

Thats what your mum said

>Roman tactic #1 Play old video and sound clips he scoured the internet for but will never post anything recent or timestamped because he has no gear.

I aint clicking soyboy

What was it

Re read the original post you thick fuck

""EXPERIENCED PLAYERS" someone whos been playing ten or so years, not experienced as in ABILITY you dunce

HEY GUYS IF I HAND WIRES SOME SIMPLE PEDAL CLONES IN AND OFFER THEM IN WOOD OR METAL CASES AND "RELIC'D" THEM WOULD YOU GUYS PAY MORE FOR IT THAN CHINK SHIT?

oh fucking die

Im an experienced playing been playing 11 years. What the fuck do you want? Ask me a serious question and ill give you a serious response this one time.

its too much tripfagging i'm quitting

Leave soyboy this is a high test general thread. We dont need your low quality presence with your nasally whining.

new fuzz :3

Ayyy whose Abby Grabigel? Is she any good at the horn? I see she got some accolades.

yeah high testosterone featuring the skinny shemale-looking effeminate and the fastfood-eater floydrose-player scum

Thank you, is my picking consistent? E.g am i alrernate picking then mindlessly downpicking the vice versa? Am i fretting notes correctlty, are my fingering correct for the shapes im doing/most ergonomic way?

I bet thats a soyboy who actually took that and thought it was cute and funny. Fuck this gay earth.
Lets change the pace
youtu.be/bVKy2Va7Ds0

This was poor english, sorry its 3am

>E.g am i alrernate picking then mindlessly downpicking the vice versa?
FUCKING FIGURE THAT YOURSELF YOU FUCKING WHORE. THATS ALL YOUR ADVANCED QUESTION FOR EXPERIENCED PLAYERS? REEEEEEEEE

If i wanted to ask a theory question id ask my theory teacher, settle down larpshed shaun

>worst insult he could come up with is i eat burgers as an american and have mastery on the best bridge system for stability
Lmao
This ones on the house. And yes thats an american pro with a humbucker.

What am i listening to again? Need link

youtu.be/FV18e0lRaPE

Please really focus on my hands, i feel im doing something not quite right

can i spank you

Am i supposed to know the song first? Ill listen first to yours anyway then tell you .

it lowers the eater's testosterone you dumb fuck
stay there masturbating each other
bye

Its people like you who make me not want to leave the house
And ideally yes, but only up till the end of the 2nd bridge since the vid cuts

I played an electric guitar at a friends house the other day, I only own acoustic instruments. I was really surprised by how sensitive the strings are, with all the amplification I was able to play almost anything just by tapping with my left hand. Are all electric guitars like this or are some just more sensitive than others? If this is the case why don't electric guitar players use their dominant hand to fret when there are so many possibilities playing that way? I know thats how BB King and Albert King do it.
I was watching this video of Jimi Hendrix too, youtube.com/watch?v=cJunCsrhJjg at 1:25 his picking hand isn't even on the strings and there's a few other spots like that too. Bear in mind I've only played an electric a few times so I don't know what I'm talking about

people do that already
like on the hendrix vid

Ok serious time. Were you actually a failed guitarist? Because maybe you have some subtle remnants of bad habits. Besides barely being able to hear it it wasnt horrible by far but i do see sometimes where you drop alternate picking for just downstrokes. I personally would continue alternate picking because i find it is easier to do things on the fly like string skipping much easier when you have the alternate picking ingrained in your hands. I like that youre just using your wrist which is correct but this is why i asked about failed guitarist. Sometimes your wrists seem like they are speeding up to keep on time. And while you are on time your wrist tempo is irregular as sometimes you flick your wrist faster or slower than other times. I would recommend practicing a pattern to sweep across the strings and fretboard. It doesnt even have to be fast but to play them good you need a very fluid and stable wrist technique. And also practice string skipping.

R8 my advice

Sorry /gg/ is sperging on u rn. This whole board has gone to shit over the past couple years.

At a quick glance, it does look like your alternate picking is a bit random; it's tough to hit that sweet spot of avoiding the completely rigid "up-down-up-down" even when the part calls for something else, and not just doing all down strokes with random upstrokes thrown in. That said, it sounds fine, and your fingering looks pretty tight.

Yeah but why is it still the norm to use your non-dominant hand for fretting?

Right on cue to parrot my advice

i dont know
maybe because thats the stabilshed and people wont change their minds besides a few nerds
or maybe it wouldnt make that much a difference

just ordered a bass, $300. was originally $450. no amp, gonna plug it into my interface directly

ok

Lets reach thread limit and keep poster count under 20

No im just new to pick playing, ive always played fingers, i actually started learning guitar recently which is why im trying to get my picking up to snuff, but thank you this was specifically the advice i was after godbless u pham
And yeah i thought so too, i notice theres no real strum pattern to it and i end up downstroking when i fall out the groove

But ye thanks lads, /gg/ is good when it counts

My wrist pain and fingers/wrist tingling increased. Now the downstrokes-only pain is broader and it kicks even with the Psycho Killer riff (the ska-like one)

ni66er

Just wait till i get my pc built and we can lay some sick deftones tracks. I have a hankering for recording my version of my own summer.

You like that shit huh bitch

Im glad you checked out my channel, i only just found them this summer after sleeping on them for years, around the fur is GOAT

im gonna get it past 20 myself when i wake up if it already isnt by then