/OZ/

Why is Oz not discussed as much as most other prominent HBO dramas? It was really the first big, serialized drama as we know them today. And while it had some problems and stupid shit in the latter seasons (aging pills, really?), it was still solid to great.

Oz Discussion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WWgKOn5x-X4
youtube.com/watch?v=WPoGTkjXCG0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably because it came out over a decade ago

Also worst final season of all time

too many fags in denial on Sup Forums for any honest appraisal to go down

honestly no one re-watches it, and its been to long for people to remember anything other than adabise's beanie hat

It's because it's much better than all the others. Why? Because it knows it's only TV. Other such shows that followed haven't known that. They've thought they were art, and deserved derision. Oz was fun.

We do discuss it. It's just not really on the level of Sopranos or Wire, most of it is literally a gay soap opera.

see. denial fags.

Oz Character Rankings

>Top Tier
Adebisi
Keller

>Great Tier
Saïd
Schillinger
R. O'Reilly

>High Tier
Rebadow
Peter Marie
Gov. Devlin
Alvarez

>Good Tier
Beecher
Glynn
McManus
Father Mukada
Dr. Nathan
Hernandez
Busmalis

>Average Tier
Hill
N. Schibetta
Pancamo
El Cid
Cutler
Nappa

>Low Tier
Ross
Kirk
Hoyt
Wittlelsy
Wangler
P. Schibetta

>Bad Tier
Howell
Mack
Poet
Robson

>Retard Tier
C. O'Reilly

Who did I forget? I know I forgot some people.

aging pills

>it's a McManus starts calm and then gets angry and yells like he is a tough guy episode

Good list, but Keller and Adabisi are meme tier characters.

>it's an aging pills episode
>it's an "Em City is an experimental unit where someone is murdered every week but it doesn't get shut down" episode

Where would you place them?

fucking pleb

AdEbisi is goat

>muh tits
>muh improbably balanced tiny hat
>muh rape

>Beecher becomes token crazy
>Writers have him recite cringey lyrics and nursery rhymes to see "unhinged"
>They expect me not to think it's dumb as shit

Started off strong.
Got a bit pants on retarded near the end.

How many times did Miguel survive almost being murdered throughout the series? It got kind of ridiculous. And also kind of odd because the guy he plays in Band of Brothers gets the most purple hearts in Easy Company and survives.

I can't think of any long-running TV show which couldn't be summed up in that way.

I kind of think we need a new series set in a prison. Not a joke women's prison like Orange is the New Black, but like a more modern version of Oz. Though they could have it in a prison that has a block for men and one for women if they need to shoehorn female prisoners into the plot. I'd even watch an "Oz: The Next Generation" type thing taking place in Oswald and a new experimental unit or Em City 2.0.

Mostly I want a prison-based serialized character drama that is realistic, violent and contemporary. Modern prison gangs and such.

I've always wondered, what gang or group do white guys that aren't neo-nazis/racist skinhead types join up with for protection in prison?

Married with children you fuckng faggot

Mukada and Pete are GOAT, I'd also rank Robson higher

sons of anarchy

put omar white in crispy nigga tier

None of the Gays or that one female inmate are in there either. Not sure where they would rank though.

Ryan is my favorite. Best portrayal of a sociopath on television imo

shirley was pretty good
she showed me her cunt

Frasier

Natural constitution + luck

Chris Keller is probably more of a sociopath than Ryan. Ryan is a pragmatist, resourceful and amoral, but I'm not sure he's a sociopath, but a terrible person.

Because Sup Forums is full of redditors that rather talk about The Wire or make excuses for Westworld going to shit.

Who is the best fighter in Oz? The boxing tournament is not exactly reliable since it was fixed by Ryan.

My guess is Adebisi, Keller or Pancamo. Cyril might win when he's in retard rage mode, but that's a special circumstance.

dino ortolani

Italian bitch nigga

Decoy protagonist that was made to look tougher than he probably was.

>it's a Supreme Allah episode

Isn't that like 80% of the episodes?

Seriously, what was McManus' problem?

If you're dumb, the Fags

If you're smart, you kill a nigger and earn a little respect.

Steady diet of his own piss. Works for Bear Grills

Bearded baseball bat Beecher was best Beecher.

robson was funny AF before ghetto gums. really shows why schillinger was the leader. you only have one set of teeth and one dentist, you don't fuck with that guy.

favorite robson moments

slavery:

youtube.com/watch?v=WWgKOn5x-X4

random library library fight with the muslims:
yells: GOTCHA NIGGER when he grabs Said

the hit on eli with keller:
youtube.com/watch?v=WPoGTkjXCG0

So you're saying if I drink my own urine, I'll become invincible? Does it have to be mine or will any urine work? Can I drink other things too or does it have to be majority/all urine? Asking for a friend.

Great characters, sort of dated though, and not consistent. Great tv in an era when it was lacking though.

Pretty sure miguel drank only his own straight out of the toilet. Keep in mind, he'd been doing this for a few days, so you really need to commit. But it does work, my friend tried it. He said you get over the taste pretty quick.

So it can be diluted with toilet water? That would make thingd easier. Also, does it need to be fresh or can you cool it in the refrigerator first? Or maybe it has to at least be warm? Would re-heating be acceptable?

Everybody stays with their race. It doesn't matter if you are racist or not. You eat with whites, you hang out with whites on the yard, and if a riot breaks out you either make yourself scarce or fight with the whites.

T. Guy who went to prison for five years.

Is it true that the Aryan Brotherhood isn't even really a racist gang anymore and cares more about money than ideology anyway? Like I hear they work with Mexicans and Asians and occasionally blacks to control drugs because the business is more important than the race stuff, even if the rules dictate they stick with other whites when not doing business.

All the gangs are about money at the end of the day. They can work with each other when they have too, but they still aren't friends.

I've heard prison rape isn't really that common compared to the popular perception. At least not nearly to the degree in which it happens in Oz. Anyone know if there's truth to this?

True. It's dropped considerable from when Oz came out.
They take that shit pretty seriously now so as long as your not a douche and piss off any CO's they will deal with it.