I possess no actual talent and prefer to hide all of the imperfections of my playing behind a massive curtain of effects

>I possess no actual talent and prefer to hide all of the imperfections of my playing behind a massive curtain of effects

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v35YhhzCrYk
youtube.com/watch?v=9QtGYGRdqms
youtu.be/xFrGuyw1V8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>i'm poor

talent doesn't exist in any form anyway
this is a bait thread tho and you made me respond so gg here's your you

>he can't afford a klon

what would happen if you turned all of them on at once and turned everything up to max

>talent doesn't exist in any form anyway
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

let me give you some advice

if you have to work hard at something to be good at it, don't even bother. hard work is for no-talents. how hard do you think Mozart worked?

>i'm not creative enough to come up with anything original so instead i copy difficult techniques people have already developed

>I want to try push the boundaries of what i can do with just a regular guitars sound.

>delayed and reverbed out guitar

"I'm an ambient guitarist"

I love listening to some Django Reinhardt when the dude outplays all those faggots with two fucking fingers.

>reddit spacing
>being upset about a relatively innocuous post
aw, did I hit a nerve? you seem to be projecting. it's okay, my friend, just keep working hard and I'm sure you'll make something worth listening to.
but make sure to post it on reddit, as you seem to be on the wrong website.

The wealthiest people are those who save their money rather than spend it on things they don't need.

Especially 20 year old faggots who budget 70% of their retail paychecks towards a hip new pedal every week. Millenials have the most shitfuck retarded concept of what it means to be wealthy and own nice things.

>Millenials have the most shitfuck retarded concept of what it means to be wealthy and own nice things.
you probably believe what the jews have told you about money being the only thing that matters

no he's insecure as fuck

that's a wonderfully retarded comparison

That's why most classical is boring, souless shite. Effects give life to music.

>having no chops
>hiding behind effects

Listen to some Django and Wes Montgomery, rock fag. Play on an acoustic for a year.

wow what a stupid opinion

youtube.com/watch?v=v35YhhzCrYk

>assuming everyone should have the exact same goals, and if they do anything else it's because they can't and no other reason

are you really this dumb?

more like they just want to play synth desu.

If you don't have at least moderate competence you shouldn't even make music. Punk fucking blows, emo is mostly shit. If you can't make up leads naturally with solid phrasing you should practice more.

Only imbeciles would say that

Enjoy renting forever, dipshit.

Enjoy your failed Zen you fucking idiot

Punk is terrible. It's for retards. Why would I want to listen to political opinions of people who aren't even smart enough to play more than e and a shaped barre chords? Emo is stupid because what pain do suburban white boys really go through? It's a bunch of pronouns with played up high school drama subject matter. And by the way, the guy from Brand New is classically trained. That's why the new album has solid dadrock chops throughout.

Is that you Kevin Parker?

>Zen

Have you even read the I Ching or upanishads or bagada gita? Have you at least read Joseph Campbell?

As someone who actually enjoys listening to music, why the fuck should I give a single shit if it sounds interesting

why the fuck are you assuming people who use pedals don't have "at least moderate competence"? as though there's only one valid way to approach the instrument

>Punk fucking blows, emo is mostly shit.
I love that you're declaring yourself sole arbiter of musical merit

lol, you're retarded all the way around

It doesn't matter what you think, your statement is fucking stupid, you're a fucking idiot

everyone should be embarrassed of this thread

t. inarticulate brainlet lyric plebs

U2 was a mistake.

>hurr I'm making nonsensical assumptions in place of an actual point when people disagree with me

Another imbecilic comment? Do you pride yourself on being the dumbest fuckhead you can be?

It's not an assumption. I can hear skill levels. Playing two fucking srings drowned in delay is dogshit. The state of rock is piss poor right now because nobody fucking practices. There are a few, sure. The Strawberry Girls dude can play. The Dance Gavin Dance folks can play.

I'm just fucking sick of the overly wet guitar sound. It's hiding, plain and simple.

If you think lyrics are more important than instrumental you are a pants on head retard.

>The Dance Gavin Dance folks can play
loooooooooooooooooooooooool

>save every dollar you earn so you can own a house when you're 40
>vs have fun and do things you enjoy in the moment

Why does it matter whether someone can properly play? If you end result sounds good, then it's fine. How much effort or talent isn't important, the destination is more important than the journey, this is a basic musical principal that everybody should know. So what if someone can't properly play and uses pedals to hide? If it sounds good, there's no problem.

Word, it seems to get worse with each reply (excluding mine)

That guy sweep picks with ease and writes songs with insane structures that mix r&b with rock. He most definiately can play.

are you the edge

Why are you people treating simple rock music like it's some sort of high-class classical conservatory? The great thing about rock music is that anybody can play it, it's highly inclusive, whether they play without pedals and build up great instrumental prowess, or they find a way to use effects to convey what they want.

>I can hear skill levels.
Your primary retardation here seems to be the assumption that an artist's job is to show off their dexterity like they're a fucking clown in a circus juggling and riding a unicycle, so that everyone knows what they can do. That's not the point of art, sorry.

if you make across the board declarations like this as though it's some kind of universal truth, you are a pants on head retard

The point of art is both to express yourself and to push yourself to your absolute limits. It's a heros journey. If you aren't trying to be better than you were yesterday at your spacific craft then you aren't an artist, you're a hack. That is why I do not respect "musicians" of this variety. Because they aren't artists in my opinion. Accepting personal mediocracy is stagnation and art is about growth.

>No Strymons

DROPPED

oh god here we go

OP here. No one has come up with any decent argument yet. Still waiting.

>The point of art is both to express yourself and to push yourself to your absolute limits.
what part of this means you're obligated to show off with ornate playing?

>That is why I do not respect "musicians" of this variety.
all this really means is that you have an extraordinarily limited tastes and no real understanding of anything

>music is purely based on how much skill you possess

Use your words. Articulate. Define your beliefs. You aren't actually saying anything besides that you're upset.

What is art to you?

Music is a ritual to me. It reminds me of this. Everyone counts together, everyone feels together. It is a ritual with absolutely no skill cap. I find it difficult to accept anyone who doesn't even get to certain genre's skill floors.

Please, articulate yourself more. I'm interested.

Obligated? If you are good then it comes naturally.

and instrumental skill only, not composition or arrangement or sound design or good taste or innovation

the point has sailed over your head like a celestial body

Try again, I replied once itt and I know from my own past experience that everybody here knows this is true. You spend most of your money on gear/records/instruments and you know that it fucking hurts inside because your life is an empty and uncreative vessel, struggling to be like other people (musicians) that you like, but never will be.

A year from now you'll remember this thread and it will sting even more. You could have moved out of your parents house and/or payed off some of your student debt but instead you'll be a year older and still a fucking manchild roleplaying as a shoegazer in your bedroom.

It would sound like shoegaze probably. Too much overdrive and it will feedback though.

No, you are simply wrong. I'm not saying that everyone need be steve vai. Just that settling for Mountain Goats where the guy cannot play nor sing at a competent level is abhorent.

see shoehorning your "skill" into music where it's unnecessary, as though you have to prove something to the audience, isn't going to improve the end result

t. X Factor judge

Not having the skill in the first place restricts you exclusively to mediocrity. Explain to me how being better at playing and writing is restrictive in any way? It frees you to do more, if anythingn because you are capible of more.

Buying your sound off the shelf will eventually run out when you have every type of pedal, and then what will you do?

Any asshole can take a part and slap an effect on it

It takes actual talent to build parts around effects and how they interact with each other. Sit any REAL RAWK loser down in front of a medium board and all they'll know how to use effectively is dirt, there will be no creative use of anything in front of them.

Go back to /r9k/ robot

I agree with you. I hate these people that say any talentless hack can make music "as long as it sounds good, duuude". If that were true then we'd see more 5 year olds dominating the music industry, since they are the epitome of a blank slate. They should be the most creative since they've never practiced right? They haven't been tainted by rules or traditions so they should be the ones coming up with all the cool shit, right?

Music's not some video game with an objective score

oh god here we go again

Show me the 5 year olds breaking new ground. I'm ready.

why would a five year old be breaking new ground? are you retarded? five year olds go to school and play with dolls. you're shit at this

Did you even read my post? It's a ritual, a craft. It has no skill ceiling. The better you get thr more you can do.

I'll compare it to food. You're basically telling me that there is no point to learning multiple ethnic foods and learning about spices as a cook because burritos taste good and you enjoy rolling the same bean burrito for the rest of your life. "It's food and it tastes good man. I don't need to learn to roll my own sushi or cook an etouffee! There is no benefit to showing off your ability to make foods with different flavors (different scalesn rhythms, time signatures, and chords). I can put hot sauce on it just fine! (pedals).

Outplays? You seem to have a slight misconception about music in general.

>hide all of the imperfections
Well I have no shame in that, because my technique is woeful.
But it does take talent to do it right. Otherwise it just becomes noise.

finally someone with some sense

Digital pedals right?
Any good?

tc electronics make good ones

You will never be recognized.

Get over it.

theoryfags and classicalshitters are the fucking worst i swear

I got a thunderstorm flanger by them, I don't like it desu. It's all treble with no real way to get the low end of the guitar sound.
But the tailspin vibrato is nice and cheap.

I'm 99% sure you're a theory autist

Depends, abstract chords and notes may need a bit of training.
Like for dissonance.

I don't like my lack of chord structures and having to rely purely on ear. It slows down progress.

I've noticed that they're almost always complete and utter plebs. Why exactly is that?

Beautiful

youtube.com/watch?v=9QtGYGRdqms

Who are your top 3 favorite guitarists?

Problem, got an AC30, limits the point of the valve amp.

Depends, my music class had like swedish death metal cranking before lessons. Very tolerant teacher though.

are you mad that talent is being eclipsed, that people have ways to battle genes and inherent potential? it sounds good, and that's all that matters. good on them for not being cucked by their bad hand and not falling for memes like "hard work"

>No BD-2
>No small clone
>No EHX HG
>No Tube Screamer (??)
>No accounting for taste
>Implying mistakes arent even worse when your sound is washed by effects and dist.

Fuck off.

All anyone needs is an overdrive/distortion, delay, and some sort of clean booster

Half of the pedals you are mentioning are inferior to the ones in the picture

reverb > delay

A good chorus is always good too

>dat klon centaur
>yet still have more overdrives
lulz he can throw to the garbage bin everything aside his klon

Not a delay that decays

>Tube Screamer
when he owns a klon (??)

youtu.be/xFrGuyw1V8s

dig the dancin queen?

That is a shit board goddamn

>how hard do you think Mozart worked?
Well he had already spent hundreds of hours composing by the time he was 7, so there's that. If you want to justify yourself being lazy go ahead, but good luck getting results my dude.

/gg/ and this thread are proof that only retards play guitar.

buy too many pedals and you're like "wait I didn't need these" but now you're like "well just in case" but the gear acquisition syndrome never stops.

just buy a good multi effects or you may never stop buying pedals and consistently "waiting for the watch to come into the mail" but wait you had bought a multi effects pedal and now you're waiting for the watch to come into the mail!

perfect profile of the soys that use pedals