This was a terrible film, right?

This was a terrible film, right?

Yet for some reason I can't help feeling it was really, really good.

>Yet for some reason I can't help feeling it was really, really good.
Probably because you're a brainlet.

nah its not bad, its just globalist propaganda is all.

the actual cinematography, acting, and plot are not bad.

except for like the last 10 minutes of the movie where they have to really bring the point across that she knows her future.

but yeah man its complete propaganda tho

>yes good goyim, globalism is good
>yes if we have a universal language you will be on the side of peace
>china somehow power hungry.
>redneck being persuaded by alex jones type person
>peace and love

but its still an alright movie.

>learn a language and you suddenly get unstuck in time!!!
>this whole time I thought it was about meeting them, when it was really about meeting you (even though we have fewer than ten scenes together and no on screen romantic leanings)

They pulled an interstellar and were also a shittier version of Slaughterhouse Five. I thought it was prettt bad.

Acting was okay, cinematography were great though

It is a good movie.

>super-advanced aliens arrive
>tell you globalism is good
>say no
>die
would've been a shit ending desu

They did Interstellar way better than interstellar imo. Interstellar failed because it tried to tie up its cosmic themes with emotional character-based significance but its cosmic themes were too grand, while Arrival was able to keep it close enough to home for it to work, and made it much less over-the-top.

>china somehow power hungry.
Is this the new Sup Forums-chic now? To pretend that China doesn't crave global power? Or are you just 50-cent?

>no on screen romantic leanings
Don't be thick.

Why is attempting world peace bad?

Give it after new year when the rips start coming and there will be contrarians everywhere

jews can't make a profit

also praise kek

Why are there so many shilling neo-Nazi spergs on this board? Does this board have mods at all?

Whats up with all the cynics?

>nah its not bad, its just globalist propaganda is all.
but china are literally the bad guys in real life.

It was actually pretty fucking realistic.

shame about the hammy ending

the time travellers wife part 2: the call of chtullu

>In the first drafts of the script, the "gifts" to humanity were meant to be different pieces of technology given to each landing site, with the U.S. receiving plans for a spaceship capable of faster than light travel, China receiving a design that revolutionizes life support, Peru getting the key to manipulating gravity, Japan receiving a way of creating water from air, Britain receiving the formula to build a composite hull that is impervious to cosmic radiation, and India receiving a toilet.

>Yet for some reason I can't help feeling it was really, really good.

Unironic "what did I think of it" post

>americans

>implying (((they))) want a world peace
>implying they don't profit from turning people against each other

It's not a terrible film, it's a so-so film with gigantic plot holes and a totally ridiculous character decision

>Now that we have given you a completely vague and unusable piece of information about an even 3000 years in the future we're out see ya

>I know my daughter will die at a young age
>I think I won't warn the father about it ahead of time because he won't want to impregnate me if he knows

underrated post
top ending

How are either of these plot holes? Especially the second one. Being an asshole isn't a plot hole.

fpbp

>implying Sup Forums doesn't do more to turn people against each other than any single Jew on Earth

>yurocucks

>n-no, you are!

Well made. Shit content.

Yo, im from /fit/ so sorry for dumb questions, but where do you stream videos online other than cyro.se?

My friend is always talking about a website called Popcorn Time I guess but I don't know the url.

I went to a popcorntime google result, and it was trying to get me to pay for a vpn.

I just want to check out the Judge Dredd remake, but cyro doesn't have it.

Again sorry for dumb question, i'm new and there's no sticky from what I can see.

>Interstellar failed because it tried to tie up its cosmic themes with emotional character-based significance but its cosmic themes were too grand

Interstellar's emotional themes were a more significant component (not saying they're pulled off any better) but I feel like Arrival just conflated a bunch of narrative threads with which it didn't actually know what it was doing.

Emotional story about a dead daughter
Emotional romantic subplot
Let's try peace on Earth
What would it be like if Aliens came to contemporary Earth
What is the relationship between language and perception

Hardly any of these things are actually tied into each other at all and basically the only character is Amy Adams - everyone else is just her prop.

Also none of these things give us any interesting answers

Who gives a shit if it's metaphysically impossible (again I'm not saying it is) but if so that's not what makes it an average film.

>Villenmeme
>ever good
Haha bad meme

TOP KEK,the ending is better than it was in the movie

checked
bane?

Just torrent it you giant turbofaggot.

you caught me

I am european.

But you are right, the movie should have ended with attacking the aliens and refusing to understand them, that way we would have preserved our pure culture and caused some more international conflicts which would make our nations even stronger :)

Time problems are so fucking retarded

I cringed so hard when she was "seeing the future" and the chink was telling her what she told him.

The future cannot happen without her calling him first

basic time travel problems are always shitty without tons of action. Think sarah/john connor in Terminator films. Can't send kyle reese back to mate with sarah if you were never born in the first place by kyle reese going back in time and blah blah blah

Its a paradoz

Which is nothing new. The fucking stupid part was that he just randomly showed her his phone, which somehow implied he knew she was time travelling, even though it was implied nobody really bought that, or that it was just extremely contrived

This was a great movie, objectively.

Only plebs think that it was bad.

>The future cannot happen without her calling him first

And you know that because you are actual time traveller that knows EXACTLY how time travel works

typical reply from a 15-year old

it wasn't globalist, it was murrican propaganda

>be america
>invade random countries all over the globe to prop up the petrodollar
>shill through jewish media about muh democracy
>while installing puppet governments
>make other powers to be le evil conqueror in jewlywood movies
>meanwhile, china has not invaded a single country in its modern history

Very good movie but yes the globalist propaganda is really big.

I didn't get some of it. why did the aliens come to earth in the first place? if it was to give humans the power to see the future so humans could help them in 3000 years, why couldn't they just help themselves since the humans aren't going to have any abilities that they themselves don't already have?

>globalist propaganda is really big
>4444

what did kek mean by this?

Pay attention my man. The aliens aren't capable of thinking in certain ways, ways that humans can. The implication is that the ability to think like this is what will solve their problem in 3000 years.

>the aliens aren't capable of thinking in certain ways that human can

is this said or implied somewhere in the film? I must've missed it if it was.

Yeah, I can't remember the exact phrasing or what was said, but one country said they had tried to teach the aliens some sort of linear algebra but they were incapable of comprehending it because the way they perceive everything isn't linear thanks to their language.

>how dare china and russia look out for their own interests

Why are there so many shilling Jew spergs on this board? Does this board have mods at all?

ah ok yeah I remember that scene now.

Villeneuve's first flop. First time in 10 years where I've found a movie boring.

She certainly makes it more bearable

She had to get herself pretty drunk to have sex with him, some part of her resisted her future but knew it was inevitable.

>some part of her resisted her future but knew it was inevitable.

How is it inevitable? What makes it inevitable? child? Is he not in control of her body? Surely not, then what happens if she just does not make the baby? This is why I hate this fucking garbage movie, it does not make any sense in any way, no matter how you think about it. Time is fucking linear, and it's stupid to make movies about how it would be if it was not linear, because we have no fucking idea how it would be if it was indeed not linear.

"child?" was "what happens if she does not make the child", I edited the text and forgot it there.

Without the child she has no emotional connection to the future so she had to have a baby to break through continuity.

Sup Forums go back

>wrong pic

lol brainlet too dumb to understand

You're missing my point. She's living her life knowing what "will" happen in the future. But she has the control, so what happens? if she doesn't do what "will happen"?

It was ok until they had to go with the cliche as fuck jarhead grunts shooting at the alien ship because soldiers = bad or some shit.

Mind explaining?

you're to dumb to get it

I don't understand your criticism here, I thought they explored the majority if the themes in the movie pretty well. The story really is about Amy Adams in the end, from the very beginning it was. The aliens where the focus so that you wouldn't catch on to the twist so easily.

try me

>lets declare war on aliens who for all we know might have the capability to wipe us out. For no reason!
>Sup Forums will defend this

They had a reason, you dumbfuck. They thought the aliens were trying to divide them. USA was going to do the same if Amy's character didn't go out on her own to contact the aliens

What is Tibet?
What is Korea?
What is (debatable) Uyghurstan?
What is Burma (nationalist army).
So, yeah nah mate you're not quite correct on that.