Why don't millenials watch sports?

Why don't millenials watch sports?

They do though. But your picture perfectly encapsulates why people think they don't. Because streams whether legal or not, are rarely counted in viewing figures, due to the higher ups im charge of counting being old guys.

they are into e-sports

Sports are usually very boring and repetitive. There's better things to watch than a bunch of roided-up meatheads toss a ball around while yelling "my team is better than your team."

Besides American football I have a hard time finding a team to follow. I'm not interested in any American soccer teams and most other sports don't really interest me. I'm trying to get into watching rallying but I'm not sure if I actually find it enjoyable to watch even though I like the idea and it would probably be fun to actually do (and it is fun in games).

Even football I rarely watch besides my state/city's college team and the NFL team my family follows.

Too much money. Im a die hard fan. I like the legit jerseys and pay to go to games and get good seats. My friends are all 'dude but we can watch on my laptop hold in it will only take 30 minutes to watch this romanian stream in 240p cause i have to close these ads but look i bought weed'

Australia has no sport

They'd rather watch netflix

But i do

football is based desu

they're gay and very bland most of the time

we're literally the greatest sporting nation in the world

The real question is why did grown adults ever pay to waste their time watching other adult play around?

This applies to film as well as sports.

Millienials are people born in 1980's and later. I promise you a lot of 20 and 30 year olds watch sports. Not all, but most.

They do, leave your mums house for once

Because for the most part it's boring, mindless, disposable entertainment.

Kinda sick of the "why aren't millenials consumerist potato couches like us boomers" meme.

Reenacting events, simulating experiences, animating and narrating scientific progress, and broadcasting future projections hardly compares to playing run home and tossing off balls.

How is a billionaire supposed to prove how rich they are without buying a sports team? I'm being serious actually

I never really got into watching sports because nationally it usually boils down to what team has the most money to buy the best players. Its not like the players are from the city or even the country sometimes. And then I can't really understand how people can be die hard fans of x team, when all the players and coaches change after a decade. Are they just super into the mascot?

Internationally can be the same, but usually not as bad. Still, Japan's rugby team is like 2/5 foreigners. And as an American the Olympics just aren't very fun, we have the Chinese guy doing that, the black guy doing this, the white guy doing the other thing. All we really have in common is we were ostensibly born in the same country.

I mean, I get being in a bar, half drunk and watching it, because you get that communal energy. Although even then its hit or miss for me. But alone, I've never watched sports.

i do in fact at lot of people in my age group are at bars watching games, also if any lakers fans are on here tonight you guys are nothing with out kobe and tonight proved it

>And then I can't really understand how people can be die hard fans of x team, when all the players and coaches change after a decade. Are they just super into the mascot?
Supporting sports teams is the only form of nationalism (or rather, local region-ism) that white people are still allowed to engage in.

We aren't allowed to be proud of our race or country, so the local footie team will have to do.

Because sports suck

Because sports are boring as fuck to watch and "millenials" have other shit they can do to entertain themselves unlike the old days where there were just sports and radio dramas.

spoken like a true nu male

Don't you have a ball to toss?

Sports are for low IQ mouthbreathers

unless you own the team or have a stake in it somehow why the fuck do you care who wins or lose

Nope. They don't watch the way previous generations do (I am in a job that measures including off market streams). However it's not per se lack of interest, as MLS has grown somewhat in the age bracket. It's actually because of commercial over saturation and imbalanced leagues.

I want Sup Forums to fuck off

>They've been showing football on TV for 78 years
>Still no winner declared

Are sports broadcasters retarded or something? It shouldn't take that long to have every team go up against every other.

I own several MLB teams fämälämäs

Fuck off Sup Forums is GOAT

Are you fucking dense?

Aussie Rules is the greatest sport there is. Fuck off to somewhere else, faggot. We're full.

i only watch /heem/ and hockey

you can only own 1 team per league you poorfag illiterate

>a bunch of roided-up meatheads toss a ball around
Fuck off, nerd.

Hahahahahahaha!

I only need my vidya and Chinese cartoons! Wheres my tendies!??

I only watch some esports now and then but otherwise i'm with kinos and books in my free time, sports are absolutely boring desu.

kek, this is pretty close to real life

Last I checked this was a film board. Nice strawman you subhuman Sup Forumsedditor.

I like one thing so I can't like the other. Stop liking things I don't like!