It's not fair

Why the fuck is it so perfect?? Convince me Alaska is a shitty place to live or else I might just move there after graduating

Alaska is the only US state I could ever imagine myself living in.

Those people are probably dead

looks like the average american flyover state but colder, also it's filled with pinoys and puerto ricans for some reason

>ywn bike to work while open carrying and eat crab legs with your qt wife everyday
I live in North Florida with a mother who wants me to find my own path and a father who believes it is tradition to stay close to family. He grew up with his cousins as close as his brothers. He wouldn't be mad but he'd be very disappointed if I were to move, wtf do I do?
What makes you say that

You would get bored quickly, there is nothing to do and half the year the weather is too bad to go outside. There are like no women either.

where do I sign

>looks like the average American flyover state but colder
That's literally my sole reason for wanting to live there
1) gun laws, 2) weather, 3) rustic feel
True, I do get bored quickly.
lmao

This is your answer OP. You autists here always romanticize moving to places like Alaska or Wyoming for some reason (you hate normies?) but either you'd sit indoors fapping and shitposting all day like you do already, or you'd kill yourself from the boredom within a week.

Wyoming is even worse, at least alaska has one "city". Wyomings biggest town has a population of 62,000.

Too harsh for a proper rural lifestyle, you're essentially forced to live in or near town with a low degree of self sufficiency. If that's your thing fine but I think a lot of what draws people to Alaska is the idea of being away from civilization when the reality is the harshness of the place makes you more dependent on civilization than anywhere. I'd prefer a ranch or farm in any of the lower 48 to living cooped up in an apartment in some no name Alaskan town.

I'd prefer a smaller town rather than living by myself. If possible I'd like to own land but I would spend most of my days in the town

From where I'm coming from even Anchorage would be the perfect balance between urban and rural life for me

Just move to Montana Faggot. It's in the lower 48, has harsh winters, and impressive mountains with small towns. All the while you don't need to worry about the kind of people that escape to Alaska. There is a reason why Alaska state troopers have their own TV show.

>the kind of people that escape to Alaska
Story time?

You would die of boredom and frostbite in six months.

I don't live in Alaska but I have some family that lives up there. I have a piece of shit cousin that hides somewhere up there to get away from his drug dealing past. he calls me once in a while on a restricted number to catch up. He tells me that the majortity of people that move up there only do so because they had no choice and wanted to start over again. It's detroit: the state.

Too fucking remote from civilization and the cost of living is obscenely high. I live within driving distance of the whole Northeastern urban belt, why give that up to live in some wasteland with caribous and Sarah Palin?

Montana/Idaho are two of the best states. Alaska would be nice but the remoteness+24/7 winter darkness ruin it for me

>moving to a state because it's every so slightly easier to get a gun than in other states
>caring so much about a fucking hobby that you're willing to move to a frozen shithole with laws that make only a minute difference in ability to obtain guns

Is this what obsession looks like?

What is it with you fucking kids these days? My generation always wanted to go to the big city. Nobody ever wanted to live in buttfuck nowhere like Alaska or Idaho. What caused this reversal?

Montana and Idaho are already remote/cold/boring. The region has always had a high suicide rate since frontier times.

It's just a couple of fedorafags who escaped from their containment board on /r9k/. Pay them no attention.

Abysmal male to female ratio and really dark winters.

Been looking it over, turns out their economy and cost of living is shit. It's a nice place to vacation to in the summer but unless I'm living in Anchorage winters would suck. Plus I'd get bored and there's no girls. I may have to visit to truly get a feel of it but I'm gonna put it on hold for now.

Please give me other ideas. What do y'all think of Pennsylvania?

>Pennsylvania?
Shithole.

>What do y'all think of Pennsylvania?
Not my thing personally but objectively a lot more livable than Alaska.

Virginia is the best state

I wouldn't go nearly this far, but it's the best southern state.

You're close to the Northeastern urban belt and the place has a nice four season climate.

I'm sorry but it looks like a paradise to me. One day I will move to Alaska and become a trucker. How cool is that? Very fucking cool!

Skagway is exceptionally smaller than you think.

>Y'all
Dont come here

It is your life, not your dad's. You have no obligation to hold up a meaningless tradition that would only hold you back.

That said, Alaska is a boring shithole.

I already said I live in North Florida dumbass, lrn2read

The Californian invasion is bad enough. Stay on your side of the states pls

>Y'all

Stay in Texas or whatever southern shit hole you come from you stupid hick.

I want to get the Chris Mcandless experience and die there, sounds very comfy desu

weather seems to be arctic circle garbage, everyone will know who you are in small towns and there wouldn't be much to do at all

>everyone will know who you are in small towns
This is the worst part. I like being an anonymous nobody in public, and I bet most people here do too.

Philly has some nice areas but isn't the most interesting city. There are some very cozy (albeit p boring unless you're into suburbs or semi-rural areas and only care about raising a family) areas surrounding Philly, though, with many, many jobs. The entire rest of the state is a trashy heroin-ridden shithole aside from Pittsburgh, which is a hip revived rust belt city with a burgeoning tech scene, but I get a sense that it's not what you're looking for. A++ hunting, great fishing, great nature (would recommend getting a place with land if you move there; I grew up on a few acres of semi-wilderness in Bucks county and it was a fantastic childhood), hiking is so-so, pretty seasons.

Elaborate on the cozy suburbs pls. I'm looking for something on the outskirts of Philly like that, just the right amount balance between rural and urban with easy enough access to big cities such as NY and the aforementioned Philly

I'd like to spend time there

Cum to northern kentucky

Lol

I live in Chadds Ford, a very cozy semi-rural town with great scenery that's been immortalized by the painter Andrew Wyeth. Close enough to Philly (and Wilmington, Delware) to do city shit and there are a fair number of medium-sized towns that are very close as well. Also has a pretty high median income. My only complaints are the increasing number of developments in the area and the fact that you have to drive to get anywhere, but neither comes anywhere close to a dealbreaker. Plus, both NYC and DC are only a few hours' drive, so you can do day trips to there as well. I'd recommend the area if you can find a job, which isn't that hard in this area.

meant to also reply to

>Y'all

I think West Virginia is more your speed.

A lot of the cunt says y'all. It's a good word tbqh and I don't even like southern culture. I made myself stop saying it when I moved to the northwest because I didn't want to be that guy but there's nothing objectively wrong with it.

Bucks and Montgomery County might be great for you, then. There's a lot of wildlife and nature interspersed with huge expanses of developments. Unfortunately, the area has gotten really developed over the past 15 years, but you're still able to find houses out in the "country" that have a lot of land and are surrounded by woods with easy access to civilization. It's a great place to raise a family but difficult to meet people unless you live in a development with children or like your coworkers. It's ~45 mins to 1.5 hour to Philly depending on the traffic (which is shit; train is much faster, esp if you live on the Mainline). Tons of jobs in pharma, education, and healthcare.
That's a nice place. Yeah, the entire region is being heavily developed and the cost of living/buying a house has shot up like crazy. The entire area surrounding the area I grew up in has been turned into Toll Bros houses. Used to be all farmland and woods.