Why does it exist? Why didn't France, Germany, or the Netherlands take it?

Why does it exist? Why didn't France, Germany, or the Netherlands take it?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot_2aDp_RLg
youtube.com/watch?v=8Q5xzPW-kEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

France almost bought it off the Netherlands, but Prussia stepped in before the deal could be sealed.

After that, most of the then-Great Powers (France and Prussia included) signed a treaty guaranteeing the G.D's independence with the promise for all signatories to declare war on any aggressor who invades.

Which turned out pretty well when Germany invaded in WWI.

It's also a very nice country. My friend lives there.

good post

Tax dodging and asteroid mining.

Obviously, its an american asking

Thank you m8.

Because the Luxembourger people have the right to self-determination, a right that intergovernmental organizations such as the UN should do more to defend

Rich people need a place to store their ill-gotten wealth

It feels weird actually being acknowledged for once

Your country is only 39 years older than Luxembourg

Luxembourg has a surprising amount of foreigners. It makes me a bit sad because the city is very beautiful.

Foreigners who can't even speak our language. They might as well not even bother teaching it anymore, it's basically useless at this point. Almost everyone in some kind of service position you'll interact with is portuguese, french or belgian.

Shit like that pisses me off, they show literally zero respect to their host country. In my country, refugees are given apartments, vehicles and benefits as long as they attend language school. Great right? Well more than half of them fail at it because they don't give a fuck about this country, but the government officials are convinced that they are making great progress when I've met people who have lived here for years, yet have the conversational level of a 3 year old in our language.

Proportionate to its size, Luxembourg is mentioned a lot.

It's a literal meme country that will become Germany's 17th state soon enough.

not that i dont agree with you, but scandinavia is famous for being good english speakers so i guess they think they can just get by on that

Because its full of Portuguese, who would want such a thing ?

They're even worse at english, most of them are impossible to communicate with unless you have a translator

you mean luxembourgish?
i've always been curious about it.

i think he was referring to """"""refugees""""""

>rich people hide their money there to avoid taxes
>rich people run the country

Yeah, na. Not going to happen.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot_2aDp_RLg
I just post this here.

this is a quality kek

I think Luxembourgish is mostly just a standardized German dialect with some French influences

All of them took it actually, but under the Netherlands it was a sovereign country in personal union with the Dutch king.

comfy af

you might have made an enemy for life
dunno who
it makes me kinda wonder
what do luxembourger nationalists have going for them?
honest question

why are luxemburgish footballers are so violent and autistic?

youtube.com/watch?v=8Q5xzPW-kEk

Most Luxembourgians are not huge on nationalism, they have embraced the new EU identity, more so than Germany, France, etc.

>have body of child
>throw literal tantrum

>but Prussia stepped in
You mean when Bismark had an autistic fit despite telling France they could do it 2 weeks ago?