3x3 4x4 5x5 thread

mine is one month but you can do whatever type your heart desires

rate, give recs, discuss things, guess age, personality etc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YzSXSo3dTHU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

+Carly, Grimes, Fleetwood Mac, Kate Bush, Street Vincent, Carole King

How has november been for all of you people? For me, it's been a little different. I might have had a few days where I haven't listened to anyhing new and after that a couple of days with like 10 albums so yeah but I have discovered some stuff like very month

did you like city to city? i remember i used to like gerry rafferty but i havent listened to him in ages

its been eh, like just boring and i didnt do much or feel much of anything

its weird to think how close we are to christmas, year's gone quickly

yeah desu it’s p good
youtube.com/watch?v=YzSXSo3dTHU

hey babe

>kpop
you fucking disgusting degenerate

word

heard that one a thousand times
how about you try something creative
anyway at least i'm not a p4k pleb like you

hi

+++Bark Psychosis, GBV, C93, Swans, Coil
check out Alastair Galbraith - Talisman
and Controlled Bleeding - Songs From the Ashes

thanks, will do

omg
omg sup

one day i will visit concord and theni willmail you a postcard

the GBV Demons & Painkillers compilation is worth a listen if you havent heard yet

check out Judge - Bringin it Down if you liked Gorilla Biscuits
+ODB, Blonde

hi Pop
+Grimes, Elliott Smith, Gang of Four
+Kanye
-The Microphones
+Nick Drake, Coil, Love, Swans, Tim Buckley, GYBE
+J DIlla, Throbbing Gristle, Bathory
+ Snoop Dogg,Faust, Funkadelic
~JAMC

It's dark outside, it's getting cold, and all the school work, social gatherings and everything is just driving me nuts. So the usual autumn/winter depression has kicked in.

is spring/summer

++Bork, Badu, Frank

Tetê Espíndola - Outro Lugar

+Nick Drake, Linda, Douji Morita
have you ever tried Ichiko Aoba?

in gowan ring - hazel steps through a weathered home
ambersmoke - gloom tapestries
true widow - as high as the highest heavens...
+TG
famlende forsok - Dove Munker Ut Av Norsk Industri
+coil, frost, GY!BE, C93
yair elazar glotman - etudes

bump

Me on the top right

that's pretty sikh
haha got it

What is that album btw? Top right
Grandeur of hair is real great
I miss the old saint Vincent
Classic stuff here
+jesus Mary chain, faust, funkadelic, Ravi. Shankar
Hi!
+Linda perhacs
Listen to Julie Byrne, listen to jesca hoop
Girls are kind of pretty
+gil Scott heron, gang of four
Tell me about starrah
Some of my favorite albums on here (deltron, xen, sunlandic twins, brother George). How do you like the ecstatic? The cover always teminded me of that Elliot smith album

>ome of my favorite albums on here (deltron, xen, sunlandic twins, brother George)
Nice to hear, I liked some tracks off Deltron, Xen was interesting texturally, sunlandic twins was really happy but kinda forgettable but brother george was kind of a dissapoitment, I guess I don't just like the kind of style they made beats in hip hop's early days. The mixing was also kinda off in some tracks.

>How do you like the ecstatic?
I thought it was alright. I was kinda excited for the idea of Mos Def + Madlib, but it didn't really click, might relisten to it someday

>The cover always teminded me of that Elliot smith album
It kinda does haha, didn't think of it

++MOTM

+dalek
techno animal - brotherhood of the bomb
+SDRE, sorority noise, brand new
>Grandeur of hair is real great
it is, you should listen to the yellow swans album on my chart imo it's even better

I almost never browse this board so don't judge me.

still can't get into that crying album. guess i just liked the chiptune
eternal love for tbla
caretaker, gybe, kinoko teikoku
tjamc, caretaker
mbv, slowdive, can, nice perfume
banana is the best kgatlw album
grandeur of hair is my jam
jesus i haven't listened to pill friends in forever. nice shinsei kamattechan, lum, and xiu xiu. elliott?

You're damn right it is.

And when high? Even better.

++Free the Robots
That EP really doesn't get enough credit

Is that This Town Needs Guns record actually worth the listen? It's been sitting on my backlog forever.

i would say so. it can get kind of same-y because there's only really one guitar tone, but i still enjoyed it. 13.0.0.0.0 has a lot more of a varied sound, but the new singer doesn't work as well with the band, and the whole thing just feels sort of weird.

Yeah a guy in the shugazi discord was recommending that to me yesterday, ill check out yellow swan
Please listen to no need for alarm before you discredit del. The production on it is completely different. Brother George was produced entirely by Ice Cube (his cousin) and is very much that LA sound from that time No Need for Alarm is still funky but has a lot more string samples. It might still not be your thing but I'm saying just give it a chance

you coming back to the a2ktdr
being kicked by goomy is just the initiation

Thanks for the recs. Loving it

+kate bush, milton, fishmans
yes I have

Yeah I'll check it out, I was just kinda disappointed in Brother George, I haven't given up on him

Novemeber's been pretty busy for me, so I haven't been able to check out as much new stuff as I wanted to. Once things cool down for me in December I'll start trying to work through some of the old backlog. Also that Gorilla Biscuits album is fun as hell
points for best Maiden album
check out Embryo- Opal
Good Moonsorrow album

try out Alex Lahey
+joyce manor, I'm seeing them next month

Decent but weird month (music and otherwise) Hope December is better

+++++Okumay

+Nick Drake, John Maus, Coil, Bark Psychosis, Tim Hecker, Tim Buckley
Good taste

++++Robbie Basho
++Shinsei Kamattechan, LUM, Long Fin Killie,

You ok there bud?

How do you like Screen Memories compared to his other albums?

He'll yeah B)

What's your favorite track from The Amulet? Mine is Flesh and Bone.

Someone else was telling me about Red House Painters. What's the best track to

You may have heard him already but if you liked World Eater you might like "Continuum" by Paul Jebanasam. Especially the 3rd track.
get into them?

"at night it gets worse", or "tunnel vision"

I need anothwr invite link

+mannerfelt, frost, the haxan cloak, IAaLoBO
I rec this too much but check out yair elazar glotman - etudes
also: the bug vs earth - concrete desert
koenraad ecker - ill fares the land
francisco lopez - buildings: new york
phill niblock - touch works for hurdy gurdy & voice
akatombo - short fuse
+kedr livanskiy, the angels of light
the swine lakes - s/t
katie gately - color
>grandeur of hair is my jam
good, then I will also rec you yellow swans - at all ends
also check out slow motion commotion - nice things don't happen to people like us

Lots of nice stuff, Pale Cocoon is amazing, as well as the Douji Morita one. You might've heard Sibylle Baier, but I think it's worth the rec. Also Molly Drake.

Dots and Loops is such an entracing album, isn't it? My father used to play it to me as a youngster when riding through the city. Nice memories. Great chart there.

Sweeet picks. I discovered Pajubá recently and am enjoying it a lot. Don't know if you've heard it but I rec Nelson Angelo e Joyce's 1972 self-titled and Molly Drake's 2011 s/t

nightcrawlers - crystal loops
['ramp] - astral disaster
35007 - liquid

+Nancy Sinatra, Kate Bush, Carole King
Nancy and Lee I'm assuming? I like her other albums too, but they are inconsistent.
+Scott Walker, Richard Hell

you may have recc'd me Yair before 'cause I definitely remember them haha. Liked "Agoraphobia" by The Bug Vs. Earth and I'm moving on to Koenradd now. Thanks for all the recs man.

>How do you like Screen Memories compared to his other albums?
I don't think it quite reaches Pitiless Censors for me, but stuff like Touchdown, Pets, Bombs Away, and The People are Missing have become some of my favourite tracks of his
Check out Jack Rose- Raag Manifestos and Pelt- Ayahuasca

>Paul Jebanasam
about halfway through, really dig it. Reminds me a lot of Fennesz - Endless Summer, which is one of my favourite albums

Katy Song is their most popular track, and probably the best intro to them. A few other favorites are Medicine Bottle, Have You Forgotten, and Smokey

I feel that. Definitely not as good as Pitiless Censors, but still pretty good and has a few really great songs. Gonna try and get my copy signed when I see him in January

Some of my favorite rock albums.

bump

pachinko
+homogenic, skylarking, green world, neu!, post, hounds of love
my two favorite bjork albums, my favorite brian eno album, my favorite kate bush album lol
solemn
+violator, can't maintain, aim is true, atmoizer, mm food, world eater, wrong, yeezus, public strain
~ziggurat
-original pirate

What's that Conet Project thing? The cover looks intriguing

It's a set of recordings of numbers stations, which are shortwave radio stations of unknown origin that people think are probably for international espionage comms

only the essentials

I'm stuck in a loop that these are the only artists I've been listening to in a while

+st.vincent, bananrama, carly

+yoran, swans

+swans, alvvays, bowie

+angel,st.vincent, fishmans

+ ghostface, kanye

+ joyce manor, glocca morra

heres my november 5x5