In the movie Race (2016), Hitler refuses to greet Jesse Owens after his victory

>In the movie Race (2016), Hitler refuses to greet Jesse Owens after his victory.
>In real life, Hitler actually congratulated Jesse.
Why does Hollywood always have to portray Hitler as being more evil than he really was?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v09h2gqhnKM
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/3evuyl/is_it_true_that_hitler_was_friendly_towards_jesse/
reddit
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because jews run hollywood

>Why does Hollywood always have to portray Hitler as being more evil than he really was?
Come on man.

It's just easier to portray Hitler as the asshole. Movies rarely show how grey things were in history because it goes against the good vs evil dynamic.

>enjoy Schindler's List
>read online that Schindler was actually an ardent Nazi and saved all those children despite the jew war machine trying to kill the innocent children

This.

Also jews

(((They))) don't want to leave the slightest chance that people start thinking that ol' Addi was not a mustache twirling guy who spent every waking minute planning how to get rid of 6 gorrillion.

>the film is about a race but it's also about RACE

fuck hollywood

The truth of the matter is that Hitler and the Nazis liked Owens and the American blacks.

They felt that Owens being black undermined American athletic superiority like we were playing with a bunch of slave ringers.

The fact that Owens and whatnot were Americans just not white were lost on them.

Their propaganda at the time is that without the black athlete the Americans would be at the bottom of the heap of White countries in terms of athleticism.

I want to fuck this thing.

Hitler was just a man. He couldn't have been evil when everything he did was with good intentions.

The Jews are irrelevant. Everyone knows Hitler was a shit, he's considered to be the most evil man in the history of the human race.

It's less to do with the Jews and more to do with Americans representing everyone they fight as being sinister and immoral, possibly because of their distance from Europe.

Gee I fucking wonder
youtube.com/watch?v=v09h2gqhnKM

>He couldn't have been evil when everything he did was with good intentions.
You mean like Trump?

When did Sup Forums become reddit?

Albert Speer wrote that Hitler "was highly annoyed by the series of triumphs by the marvelous colored American runner, Jesse Owens. People whose antecedents came from the jungle were primitive, Hitler said with a shrug; their physiques were stronger than those of civilized whites and hence should be excluded from future games."

He apparently shook his hand after the medal ceremony hidden from photographers but nobody knows for sure.
Hitler probably respected Owens achievements but it didn't change his view on race and the superiority of aryans.

The film should at least show how blacks were treated in the US at that time but Sup Forumstards would rage at that as well.

3 or 4 years ago
were you not on Sup Forums the day and week after the elections?

When Sup Forums became /r/the_donald

I don't know why FDR is such a hero to Liberals, Teddy was way more progressive than he was 30 years prior, but i guess it's all about flashing colors & Teddy is a Republican so...

>their physiques were stronger than those of civilized whites and hence should be excluded from future games
>it didn't change his view on race and the superiority of aryans

It's really wrong for them to not show Owens being fucked over by his own people.

Being snubbed by Hitler is just a way of exporting racism to the rest of the world. It says everyone was discriminating against him; all white people. In reality the US did something filthy and it should reflect them, not everyone else.

>Why does Hollywood always have to portray the man who single-handedly ensured the jewish dominance over the world as being more evil than he really was?
I don't know, but it certainly wasn't the jews, cause that wouldn't make any sense.

Like a chimp or a gorilla is far stronger than the strongest man could ever achieve

That's all fucking propaganda

See:

Showing Hitler and any sort of non condemning light could end a director's career

Because jews quite literally.

Wow, Hitler hat really weird arms

I couldn't armwrestle a gorilla doesn't mean they are not inferior.

They don't have to go out of their way to misrepresent him, though. He only needs to be in one scene so that the audience understands it's the Olympics under Nazi rule. Showing Hitler as one of the least racist men present says a lot more about what blacks went through historically.

So he acknowledged that aryans are not superior, didn't need all that lebensraum and the whole war thing did not happen?

Hitler came to Ohio?

>more evil than he [HITLER] really was?

ADOLF HITLER WAS NOT AN "EVIL" PERSON AT ALL.

I actually listened to a podcast recently talking about historical dramas and historical accuracy. There were two historians who worked as consultants for TV shows and they were explaining that the main point of TV and film is to entertain, and real-life stories have to be edited in order to be entertaining. Real lives don't follow a three act structure and depicting something as it really was would make it really boring. Then they talked about making things unrealistic because of the audience's preconceived notions of what the past was like, and how people will question the depiction on screen even if it's totally accurate. Technology, behavior, ways of speaking that are realistic but would seem ''too modern'' for modern audiences are removed, and the historians just hope that people will be interested enough to pick up a book to see what things were actually like.

Jesse Owens himself said that he was treated much better in Nazi Germany than he was in America, but nobody would believe that if they saw it onscreen.

>implying he gives a shit if farming equipment is faster than muh master race.

But Hitler is LITERALLY HITLER, the embodiment of ultimate evil and racism in the minds of the indoctrinated masses. No one is going to understand showing him as anything less than what he's been created to be.

>tfw I started looking up to him in gradeschool when I went to the library to read up on ww2

Think I'm broken.

>88

IMAO you always get an 88 get when posting about Hitler.

So did a friend of mine and he's a really great guy now, 10 years after.

If anyone's wondering, this isn't actually true, Hitler never congratulated Owens on his victory, in fact he never met Owens. Owens claimed later in his life that Hitler waved at him, but this is generally considered false.

There was a widespread belief in Germany that since Negroes weren't human (according to their ideology) then it was cheating to use black athletes in the Olympics. Hitler was quite upset at the dominance of black athletes at the Berlin Olympics, and even complained that non-whites would have to be banned or Germany would boycott future games.

source pls

reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/3evuyl/is_it_true_that_hitler_was_friendly_towards_jesse/

DELET THIS

Reputable source you got there.

>www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians

>Reddit
>credible source

>reddit

>falling for this cheap bait

>reddit.com/r/AskHistorians

pffftHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*breathes in*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BOI!!!

It's not cheap. It's taking a heavy toll on my sanity.

Isn't more patriotic to try and show your own country in a greater light. I mean hollywood was basically started and pushed for as a mass propaganda machine that birth the whole USA USA WE'RE #1 !!!

didn't realise Owens was an amputee

Reddit is not the source, the books in that thread are the source, the thread just uses exerpts and expansions to explain it better.

I didn't just want to post "Read Ian Kershaw's Hitler", I thought people might prefer a chance to educate themselves.

Shut up, reddittor. You are disgusting.

Enjoy wallowing in your ignorance friend

Hitler loved blacks

It would have been a perfect chance to show how bad racism is by showing America is more racist than Hitler.
Fucking hack writers have no idea what the fuck they're doing.

He didn't congratulate anyone, but he didn't stiff Jesse Owens and ignore him, he just wasn't congratulating non-Germans. FDR did stiff him though.

>The film should at least show how blacks were treated in the US at that tim

It does. Torrent it, you'll see. Even the bit when Owens had to ride the service-elevator to his own gala in NYC.

Well technically it is unfair because blacks tend to be superior athletes. But if you were to exclude them then you'd start looking at everything racially start taking blood test's and realize Olympics are impossible because of the extensive mixing of races that have been going on for centuries like are Italians white?

It sucks that we'll never get a proper third Reich movie and by proper I don't showing hitler as a savior and saying he was right for killing Jews. But something that actually portrays accurately instead of just being loud obnoxious asshole, I mean the man did do a lot of good Germany and it would be interesting to explore his personality and childhood

Hate to be like everyone else but even the books citations need citing. It's tough to believe anything.

Republicans from the early 1900s are today's dems
Parties flipped over the civil rights act.

I've got more but just one more for fun
>24 meters

I will need source for this source.

Kinda like Hannibal Rising. Would watch.
Don't be a lazy Git. The Author, book and page number is provided

>Owens claimed later in his life that Hitler waved at him, but this is generally considered false.
Why would you not take his own word on that? What reason could he have to make that up? It's not like being liked by Hitler will make him more popular or something.

Well I don't trust this author, he's clearly a jewish cuck.

It could work, well maybe not in Hollywood. The director and casting have to be absolutely perfect, I can't think of anyone right for the job

>everyone knows this post-modern narrative that we have all been fed since childhood. Why think anything different goy?

t. juden.

You don't see American films demonizing the Japs or the Gooks anywhere near the extent they do the Nazis and we fought bitter, horrible wars against them too. It's the jews and only the jews and will always be the jews.

Dominance? Bro, the Germans won the most gold medals in the 1936 Olympics.

The oft-told canard of when during the 1936 Olympics in Berlin, Hitler refused to shake black athlete Jesse Owens’s hand, has been discredited as a myth. In Germany, there was no racial segregation for the Olympic athletes: “Owens was allowed to travel with and stay in the same hotels in Germany as whites, while at the time African Americans in many parts of the United States had to stay in segregated hotels while traveling.”); but this was pre-Civil Rights era in the US, where Owens was still segregated upon his return home, and where racial laws were still in full enforcement.

Of the Berlin Olympics, Owens said:

“Hitler had a certain time to come to the stadium and a certain time to leave. It happened he had to leave before the victory ceremony after the 100 meters. But before he left I was on my way to a broadcast and passed near his box. He waved at me and I waved back. I think it was bad taste to criticize the ‘man of the hour’ in another country.”

“Hitler didn’t snub me – it was our president who snubbed me. The president didn’t even send me a telegram.”

Owens even got along very well with the German long-jumping competitor Luz Long, who reportedly gave advice to Owen during the preliminary rounds. Long was the first one to congratulate Owens on winning the gold medal in the long jump, and the two regularly posed together for photos. About Long, Owens said: "It took a lot of courage for him to befriend me in front of Hitler… You can melt down all the medals and cups I have and they wouldn't be a plating on the twenty-four karat friendship that I felt for Luz Long at that moment."

The (((directors) of this movie don't want you to see this

But with the whole race thing going on wouldn't showing that FDR was LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER in his treatment of Owens make some kind of statement or something.