If this was in a Marvel movie, Pa Kent would've just showed up and said "Being a superhero has consequences"...

If this was in a Marvel movie, Pa Kent would've just showed up and said "Being a superhero has consequences", then make a fart joke or make some kind of pop culture reference.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GBVh8G-7Edg
youtube.com/watch?v=w4idhqmM6j4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Clark would be wearing an under armor shirt so the logo would be completely visible in every frame.

if OP was straight he wouldn't suck so many dicks

This is was a legitimately good scene, don't care what anyone else says. Snyder may not have executed everything in this film to perfection but atleast complex characters with growth and tried to explore themes and go beyond the average capeshit

You're not wrong, OP.

I love Zen master Pa Kent.

>and tried to explore themes and go beyond the average capeshit

>if you do good things bad things can happen regardless

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

>if you do good things bad things can happen regardless
And you even needed THAT explained to you. The scene went completely over your head and if it weren't for this site you'd have no idea what the fuck he was talking about.

marvel have the same problems as all disney films of late. When will disney films actually bring back emotion rather than cheap laughs?
Lion King makes me ball my eyes out, yet in a similar scene on the Tarzan film (that chimp mother finding Tarzan, a lonely baby on his, with blood everywhere in the house) the scene is broken by the baby doing a cheeky face

>le Marvel is always quippy meme

youtube.com/watch?v=GBVh8G-7Edg

My father was diagnosed with leukemia three months before this movie came out. I was being a pseudo tough-guy about it but when I saw this scene I had a mini breakdown in my seat for a few minutes.

DC recognizes tone
Marvel doesn't
I'm glad the general public recognizes this now.

Sorry to hear about your dad, user.

T-thanks, user

True, stuff like this takes a while to be recognised by the masses

His face was so heartbreaking here.

It wouldn't have been in a Marvel movie because they know how to cut out distracting poorly-done dogshit when it completely sabotages the pacing of the film and only really muddles the already sloppy narrative.

>And remember Clark: eat your orange slices

I know that's you, Joss!

why didn't clark tell his mom that his dad wasn't actually dead and was just llving in the Himalayas all along?

How could it be a pop culture reference if his scenes take place in the past?

Think you're letting your anger cloud your judgment there, buddyboipussy98

I don't why everyone thinks he's terrible at acting. Okay some of his facial expressions were a bit off and he did seem wooden sometime, but overall he did pretty great job portraying this type of superman. I feel like we'll see more of his acting talent now that superman is going to become a beacon of hope

They don't like him cause he's a chad.

The tornado blew him to the top of the mountain? Fucking Snyder you madman.

It's kino

One of my favorite moments from MoS was him and his mom on the porch where he promises that no one's going to take him away from her. It's warm, sincere, and kind of heartbreaking in retrospect.

Most defining moment incoming.

>that music
>that zoom shot on Zod's face
>that Lois catch
Why did we pretend to hate MOS again?

Because we are fools. May Zod have mercy on our souls.

is there anything in any of the marvel movies that has the depth and emotional resonance of these scenes?

its not so much hes a bad actor, its the fact all the acting hes required to do is "okay now look like everything is gross and tiresome!"

MoS completely lost the entire audience when the CGI insect dragon showed up.

>tornado absorbs father
>spits him out in the fucking arctic
>survives long enough to greet wandering son
>fucking does a Batman exit when shit starts getting too emotional

What a man.

Oh god this scene hit me like a tonne of bricks. As someone who suffered from depression before I met my now wife, the whole making the nightmares stop bit just ruined me.

>hey son, just coming back as a ghost to remind you that because I'm weak and stupid, you should be too. You're a good son.

Oh god this scene hit me like a tonne of bricks. As someone who suffered from depression before I met my wife's son, the whole making the nightmares stop bit just ruined me.

>those lines where clark is talking about how hes trying to be superman to please a ghost

>his dad wanted him to not do anything ever and be afraid his entire life

You honestly didn't get it.

For two actors who shared so little screentime there is actual chemistry between Cavill and Kostner. I feel like if the writing was better in MoS, their scenes together would have been more powerful.

>dumb people think other people aren't as smart as them

>DCEU Superman
>ever becoming a beacon of hope
Top kek.

>IF YOU DESTROY THIS SHIP, YOU DESTROY KRYPTON!

;_; poor zod

Because the movie doesn't focus on how Superman feels knowing that there are other Kryptonians in the world or that he has to fight them. Aside from a single scream from Supes, the movie doesn't dwell on how Clark feels that he killed the last of his species in order to save a world that hasn't fully embraced him.

And given that one of the biggest themes in MoS was Clark's isolation, it's a pretty big oversight imo.

You met and married your wife barely 8months ago?

nice

>Snyder may not have executed everything in this film to perfection
The 9/11 scene made me tear up. What was wrong with it?

I think at that point he had fully accepted that Earth was his home. He had little to no connection to his Kryptonian ancestors, especially because Zod and the other coup plotters were more in line with the eugenic/imperial wing that his father opposed.

> secondary characters are memorable
> their deaths have genuine emotional resonance

youtube.com/watch?v=w4idhqmM6j4

Some of my favorite parts of BvS were seeing the MoS crew reappear.

> dat Wilihelm scream at 0:31

Snyder is a cheeky cunt

Why do we compare BvS to shitty Marvel flicks? It's insulting to BvS.

dead gay dad lmao

>b..but he tried
>b..but he tried
>b..but he tried

That and "muh marvel" are the only arguments DCucks have it seems

>DCucks are THIS anally devastated
lol

Holy fuck, this

If it was a marvel movie, clark would have saved his fucking father, and pa kent would have inspired him to be a hero and show people there's good in the world, despite all the darkness. And then yes, there might have been a quip, because people go to capeshit to feel good and be entertained, not watch flicks about fake jesus when there are already films about actual jesus.

COMICS BOOKS ARE WRITTEN FOR CHILDREN

can you only read at a grade three level op? why not try being an adult rather than an ugly stupid manchild?

he would've made some bullshit excuse about how he realize he fucked up and went and save all the horses
Marvel movies can't have any casualties you know

>COMICS BOOKS ARE WRITTEN FOR CHILDREN
No they're not, you're stupid if you think this.

>he didn't watch civil war

The entire point of that movie is people with powers need to be reigned in due to all the collateral damage, and this is DESPITE the fact that the avenger movies go out of their way to explicitly show the heroes rescuing people like actual super fucking heroes, unlike man of destruction and murder bat.

Might've also worked better if Kryptonians weren't Americans with powers

That is true. They are also written for austistic men and losers who need escapist entertainment so they do not have to deal with the mess of their real lives.

A good movie doesn't need defending

Its fans are ok with having it not see mass appeal because they get to appreciate it

If the director no longer wants to pursue this vision due to critical or commercial failure, then there was no artistic integrity in the first place.

Can someone please explain why so many people had a problem with the destruction at the end of Man of Steel?

They're the same people who had no problem with Batman not killing the Joker in TDK, who later blows up a hospital and continues terrorizing the city.

We call 'em cucks around these parts.

MoS was amazing, BVS was shit.
Anyone who says otherwise is an MCU troll cuck.

That's how it felt emotionally, like an MCU flick.
BvS was made to bring in the MCU movie goers.
MoS was prime super hero filming though, only Chrisopher Nolans batman can compete.

I agree mos is better (better than majority capeshit) but i enjoyed bvs just as much

What? Tony Stark's dad had a dramatic speech and he did none of those things, thats a simple fact. So what you're saying is baseless.