Well?

Well?

TSUUUPID

what's the benefit of doing so?

Games would feel eternal. 60 minutes of real play is like 140 minutes with time waste

It's 90. That's why they've gone for it. But the fact is some high quality games can have up to 70 minutes of actual play. This would cut that down.

just why ?

>to deter time wasting
Can you guys not read?

Short answer: will never happen.
Long answer: Ifab just trying to show it's still relevant in thinking about """new""" ideas, and technically games are already about 60 minutes of live playtime.

would there still be a 15 minute half time though?

I honestly feel time wasting isn't THAT big a deal in football atm.

They should be focusing on other things.

Was this article written by a female?

>what is added time

Awful, awful idea.

maybe not on the epl but here it's awful wasting time is the main part of the smaller teams here

if they implement this it will quickly turn into ad breaks during stoppage time

Just get the referees to be more militant when it comes to adding time on at the end of games.

simple.

oh shit, 30 minute halves. this is literally what I have been saying for years.

>it's a Madrid hanging on for dear life episode
>1 minute (((injury time)))

>it's a Madrid desperately need a goal
>5 minutes (((injury time)))

Of course time wasting is eradicated too

>we want the american audience

there wouldnt be any added time you retard, the clock is stopped when the ball goes out of play.

30 is too little. should be 35 or 40

sneaky way to cram in ads during games

40 minutes with the clock stopping? Are you literally retarded?

Four twelve-minute halves plus 6 timeouts per half. Unlimited substitutions with a 34 man roster (3 deep at each position plus one extra). Youth call up based on a yearly draft with the last placed teams getting the first choice.

don't call me retarded ever again

Fuck these guys, and fuck whichever american tv exec that is bribing these guys to even consider this

Clearly never watched argentine and congolombian clubs playing

Sorry lad

Would feel like a different game. It could also historical records obsolete. In 70 years you'd get kids saying Messi could only do it in 90 minute games or something

Haha time for ads.

J U S T
U
S
T

Good, when there is a break of play they can show us more adverts.

This will make going to stadiums so much more fun. Remember, this isn't like America with cheerleaders and concession guys in stadiums. Nope, now every 5 minutes we get a break and to watch nothing. Should make crowd control so much easier.

Exactly.

/thread

>I honestly feel time wasting isn't THAT big a deal in football atm.

You don't notice it when you're watching games live on television. Replays, shots of players/managers, and pundits filling in the gaps give the illusion that there's always something going on.

When you watch games live - especially if you're watching a big team play a shit team - you notice that an awful lot of time gets wasted in football matches. Goalkeepers are especially guilty of this and it's really annoying how much it has developed into a standard part of gamesmanship.

They did a study of this a few years back and, at its worst, you get Premier League games where the ball is in play for only 55 minutes.

It can be incredibly annoying as a live fan and it does a lot to kill the momentum and entertainment factor in a substantial percentage of games.

I agree with the stop-clock idea but I'd make it 35 minute halves instead. It's important to maximise the amount of football we get for our buck - 60 minute games would actually lower the entertainment factor to below the current average.

would massively improve the game

why did it take decades to implement this?

Yeah lets focus on important issues like 30 minute halves instead of:

>blatant referee mistakes in every game worldwide
>inconsistency in refereeing, where some refs dont give a single yellow in a rough-as-fuck game, and others throw yellows around for literally nothing
>elbows left right centre
>using stretched arms to defend against strikes

Yeah, lets focus on the 30 minute half, makes so much more sense.

I swear these are the moments I feel like following basketball, at least there the refs are good and have the resources to make tough calls correctly.

I'm personally for 1 minute halves with 60 minute halftime commercial break

>basketball
>at least there the refs are good

Just have three halves instead, the third half would just be all the added/injury time from the ball being out of play

>1 minute
Could probably shave that down to 20 seconds

Refs can look at replays in basketball mate. Very consistent in giving technical fouls etc.

Football is ruined by shitty refereeing.

Loads of time wasting goes on. Over half of injury time is time wasting and you can guarantee that the underdogs will spend 30 seconds on every goal kick

Instead os reducing playing time because of time wasting, how about start giving yellow cards every single fucking time a player wastes time? Fuck these stupid cunts.

>still only using one ball

If it was good enough for Hitler its good enough for us

stop changing football please

can't believe we have video refs, we will have robot players in like 20 years

I guess you didn't watch the nba finals this year

Yes, goyim, more stoppage - more commercials and shekels, yes goyim, initiate it.

>video refs will lead to robot players
Brazilian intellectuals everybody

>what is arbitrary time
Fix'd

>15 minutes of added time per half
Yeah, because that happens ask the time. I'm embarrassed to be from the same country.

>inconsistency in refereeing, where some refs dont give a single yellow in a rough-as-fuck game, and others throw yellows around for literally nothing
This. I especially hate when there are matches of high quality teams, against some shitters known for playing rough. the shitters don't get carded, because 'hurr it's their style', but if the better team tries to match their roughness cards start getting thrown about left and right.

Well I don't really follow soccer that much but you'd think by stopping time and setting a hard cap on how long the game plays will force teams to be more strategic and effective with the ball in ways other than stalling for time

I support this. There is no reason to not have effective time.

Where are the ads gonna go?

Waiting for a goal-kick, corner, free-kick?
When a substitution is taking place?
When a player is being stretchered off the pitch?

The respective league officials know they can add massive revenue with American-style ad breaks.
It's the only reason why the NFL is so valuable.
Imagine EPL with "tv timeouts", "free kick break", "stoppage break".... Each 30-second ad would sell for $10K bare minimum.
League valuations would double overnight.

>guys referees are autistic and top matches have become a gamble what do we do?
>umm lets have shorther matches

>what's the benefit of doing so?
to turn soccer into american style football. once they stop the clock when the ball leaves play they'll be able to run commercials. then TV timeouts will start to happen.

welcome to american style sports!

Here's a short answer: Don't touch my sport. Fuck off.

When you're at a live game you talk to the people you're with you autistic faggot

stopping the clock would also give you a chance to implement video review more easily. the other rules sound pointless.

Yep. They are putting out the feelers for this so eventually they can do that. Don't fall for the bait.

>$10K bare minimum
Itd be much more than that, because the NFL last year charged $300,000 per 30 second ad for 1pm games to $700,000 for a Sunday night game. While they wouldn't command that much it would be well, well over $10k. You can't tell me a bunch of tv and premier league execs don't know this and are salivating at the prospect of it.

what the fuck is lfab?

should stay 45min, but injury time should be measured by stopwatch and should be stopped. For example injury time shouldnt be 3 min it should be 3 min and 22 sec. That way players wont lay around just to kill time. Fourth referee could measure injury time with stopwatch.

How will it stop them from laying around? It means they can lay around more and run the clock down.

Not defending bad decisions but inconsistency with bookings is part of refereeing. If fouls were handled as black and white calls it would take a lot of momentum and physicality out of the game.

Unless a player is being straight up reckless and dangerous or misconducting, cards are more about keeping control over the game than penalising. Watch a video where an official is mic'd and you'll see what I mean.

>American Style Sports are a good thing

Fuck That.

why?

it is measured by the 4th official with a stopwatch. they round it up or down in line with a half minute.

'No.'

>three halves
Do you not understand what the word 'half' means?

I don't care but if in the future they start adding ads to it i will blame yurop for being jewed you stupid faggots.

Because time time they spend laying would be stoppable in injury time. Match is still played for 90 minutes with clock still ticking but when injury times come every time there is a foul or out, referee stops the clock, so no time is lost actually.

Ok. It should be made stoppable after 45 and 90 min of game.

I still think of all the problems in football, they should start with a major and easily solvable one.

Introduce retrospective action for diving.

It's 3/2 in fractions so it's fine and everybody understood what he meant stop acting like a douche

I watched the NBA finals this year for the first time. How people can stand that wife-sharing sport is beyond me.

>foul
>foul
>foul
>a team starts to get its shit together
>gets 2 3s in a row or something
>"timeout!"
>"enjoy these capeshit commercials faggot"

What a beautiful image for that headline lmao

Or in-game punishment for diving. If a player dives (proven by a team of video referees) it's open season on that player for the rest of that match. You can literally murder or rape him

Only niggers watch the NBA. Watch Hockey instead.

>I honestly feel time wasting isn't THAT big a deal in football atm.
>Never watched a Libertadores match

Added time is a meme. The ball is only in play in a football game for around 65-70 minutes in an average game. If you give more than 3 or 4 minutes (let alone adding the full time the ball wasn't in play) in a game where no one was injured you get tons of angry fans of whatever team is losing wanting your head.
Added time not only fails entirely at the purpose of actually adding time but also is used as a way to give the bigger team more time to score in difficult games when you compare it to what happens when the bigger team is winning.

If they are going to cut down on the amount of time the game is played to avoid time wasting, wouldn't it have made more sense to make the fields shorter, so there is less room to waste time in?

>ur a gay
Disregarded entirely.

>Four halves
How do we solve the american problem lads?

this

>Each 30-second ad would sell for $10K bare minimum
>10k
mfw you don't know anything about marketing, but at least you tried.

YOUR TEAM JERSEYS HAVE ADS BIGGER THAN THE TEAM NAME OR CREST, FFS.

Don't pretend there's any dignity left.

All you need to imagine is this: at the end of the match a load of kids will be chanting a countdown of seconds until the final whistle

You forgot the cheerleaders, Lucifer.