What kind of business strategy is it to go out of your way to totally alienate half your potential audience...

What kind of business strategy is it to go out of your way to totally alienate half your potential audience? Does it have a name?

Pandering.

He's wealthy and you're posting on an anonymous Balinese tapestry BBS

Having a "target audience" isn't a bad thing, though.

Cutting your losses?

Colbert doesn't work out of character. It's like getting Sacha Baron Cohen to host the Tonight Show as himself. Cohen would have the sense of his own limitations not to do it.

The only people still watching are just there to see his post-election depression.

So it was all part of his plan to get killed in the late night ratings?

>potential audience
you play to the audience you have, not the ones who won't watch you anyway

Its called marketting dipshit

You select a target market and aim for it

Turns out the young demographic that actually watches this garbage are more likely to hold liberal views

Why would he target republicans when theyre asleep or watching the news or theyre old and dont want to spend money?

The question is for CBS, not Colbert. Leno always had broad appeal which is why he always killed Letterman. They had to go up against Fallon now, so why hire a host who will immediately alienate half the people who might have tuned in? CBS is a business, how do they explain to their shareholders their choice to halve their potential ad revenue?

The problem with that is young people don't watch tv, especially late night. They may watch him on YouTube but that's it.

This is why Fallon is winning.

late night is cancer people only watch as a last resort.

Except young people don't watch television much anymore, it's an antiquated medium. It's mostly boomers and seniors watching TV, who are overwhelmingly right leaning. That's why hosts like Leno got such a huge market share.

It is horrible marketing then, because young people don't watch TV anymore, and specially not late night shows.

When will FOX enter late night?

I'm pretty sure their ratings are at a high because of politics. Nobody is going to turn to Kimmell or Fallon for political butthurt

It's betting on the fact that this audience is closer to death than your own audience. Which is true.
Goodbye white """"people""""

It's called integrity.

Because they gave up on the over 40 crow when they hired him. They wanted they younger demographic, and young people are 70+% Democrat.

Go home Jamal

>young people watching the late show
Wot

it like almost all media was always designed as a thinly covered proganda tool for democrates

that why it got founded in the first place. I mean his boss is literally one of Hilary biggest supporters

just because Trump won doesn´t mean that he is going to stop wasting money to push his propaganda. there is always a next election

White liberals are the only ones that actually buy into the liberal talking points though.
Blacks and Hispanics just vote Dem for government assistance

the potential audience was smart enough not to eat his shit

The only problem is, young people don't watch late shows, their outside being 'hip' and 'cool.'

I used to love colbert. I was actually really sad to see him go so hard left. I guess it's my own fault for idolizing a celebrity. Still though, it kinda hurts.

I used to like Colbert though

That would be gorgeous, wouldn't it?

Pffft. Name one talk show, or even tv show, movie that more than 50% of just tv likes.

I'm waiting.

the sopranos. the wire. mad men

The Wire is overrated, then again I'm not sure why I'm responding to your obvious bait with Mad men.

Breaking Bad was at least 75% liked, tho. Anyway claiming otherwise is a new fag who wasn't here when the show was airing.

It's much easier to target less intelligent people than try to capture everyone.

partisan """"""""""news"""""""""" is one of the worst cancers plaguing the West

Of course!

A slightly toned down milo is actually really good to listen to. He needs to lay off the coke and let others speak though.

>Trump supporters account for about 1/5th of the US population.

>half of the people voted for Trump
No, they didn't.

If he lost some of his homo-mannerisms, I would definitely listen to him more often.