Going to the movies, but dont know which one to pick.. (cant watch both...

going to the movies, but dont know which one to pick.. (cant watch both, going to the movies is a long trip for me and costs a lot to get there)
what do you guys think? whats better fantastic beasts or doctor strange?

FB. Dr. Strange is literally Marvel refusing to fix its mistakes.

Doctor Strange

Even capeshit is better than another pisspoor Harry Potter film

Well, Fantastic Beasts is a part of the Harry Potter franchise, which is well known as being easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

So I'd probably see Dr. Strange instead.

Fantastic Beast if you like Harry Potter and Pokemon. Doctor Strange if you like Eggs Benedict Cucumberpatch and Generic Marvel movie #1,259

You're watching the same pleb trash with either one

>(cant watch both, going to the movies is a long trip for me and costs a lot to get there)

Neither man, save your money, not worth it.

Strange sucked balls. Dunno about the Dullest Beasts.

If you're taking a girl, watch Fantastic Beasts. Girls eat that shit up even if it's utter crap and you can make retarded wand jokes because you're a bitch.

But you're not taking a girl cuz you're a faggot, aren't you.

OP here, how do they compare visually? I know the story in Doctor strange is cliche (and like batman begins but not as well done),

but are the visuals in Dr Strange really that amazing?
I saw all Potter movies and I think they are okay. I hate Thor movies and I didn't care for Age of Ultron. Civil war was okay.

not a big Marvel fan but since they were bragging about the "Amazing visuals" on the trailers I was curious if the visuals really were that amazing like the Matrix or something

is the hype of the special effects real?

When DON'T they brag about amazing visuals...

I particularly found them very entertaining. I'd favor it over "Fantastic Beasts".

If you're going based on special effects then dr bendadick

Yeah, the effects are pretty cool. If only.

>If you're going based on special effects

i ask just because of watching it in the big screen.

kys faggot.

Ok

>Strange sucked balls

how come?

strange. is this even a fucking question you cuck?

>LE QUIP QUIP QUIP

the fuck is this bullshit?

how?

the movie wasnt a masterpiece ofcourse. but come on nigger, you cant even compare it with that.

As a person who rarely goes to the movies and knows nothing of comics, I was a big fan of doctor strange. I loved it

If you need me to tell you, you shouldn't be on this board.

>falling for the dating jew

Make it a double feature and save yourself a trip. Just watch both back to back. Both are great wizard flicks.

i wouldnt have enough time. which one did you like best?

Watch Arrival instead, you corporate whore

I've seen both and I preferred Mr. Doctor.
Dullest Beasts was okay but I already forgot about it and I've seen it Tuesday evening, granted that I'm not a big Harry Potter fan.
Dr.Strange felt fresh for a Marvel movie and it's self contained enough. Visuals are great, bad guy is bland, story was really entertaining.
The quips were not too many but drawn out and not put with the best timing.

On the other end, Dullest Beasts is kinda dull. Nothing really stands out but it's still watchable and fun. CGI was sometimes awkward and I'm not one to usually bitch about that.
The humor was great and well balanced but the emotional parts felt forced and sometimes cringy.
Like I said, I'm not a Harry Potter fan so I might be biased.

Heh I knew you'd ask. Well both movies break away from the mold of their respective series. FB is literally better than every hp movie. It has tighter pacing, tells a complete story from beginning to end, adult main characters who are all solid, and tells a solid story with a charming protag. Dr strange breaks away slightly from the usual marvel stuff. It is trippy, focus on magic, has a villain thats actually slightly higher than 2d, solid cast of actors, good action.

Man I dunno which is better I really like both. I guess I could lay it on the universes themselves. Do you like the mcu or the hpu more? Let that decide because both are excellent additions to their universes.

I saw both and think Fantastic Beasts is a 4/10 and Dr Strange is a 5/10.

How do you find every thread? Are you the Riker "Tell me about your sexual organs" guy too?

This.

Fantastic Beasts was objectively better, imo. Even if you're not a fan of Harry Potter you will get the storyline and it has funny and emotional moments without feeling the need to punctuate literally every scene with a joke. There's a lot of subtle humor, too, and one of the best things about it is seeing the interaction between characters It feels complete, and actually would work well even as a standalone movie.

Dr. Strange is just another typical marvel movie. The humor is hit or miss, Benedict Cumberbatch acts like a poor man's Dr. House, and you could tell the screenwriters wrote the script in memes. It's not a particularly strong ensemble, with most roles relegated to the background while you're not really given the opportunity to get to know every character other than Dr. Strange. Again, it's just another way for Marvel to get from point A to point B: it feels incomplete, and by the time the 93rd Marvel movie comes around, this will definitely be viewed as one of the most forgettable ones.

>indecision about two generic flicks

lool

Watch Dear Zindagi instead.

> Choosing between Doctor Stange and Fantastic beasts when you should be choosing between Hacksaw Ridge and Arrival

>arrival

theres no good showing for arrival wont make it on time...

I just saw FB and I thought it was quite good . It's the best one yet.

>Nothing from CS Lewis there
rude

Havebt seen FB, so I can't say whether one's better than the other, but I did enjoy the doctor a lot. Btw OP, if you choose to go to see Doctor Strange, do yourself a favor and watch it in 3D. The only movie in years where I felt the 3D added to the experience.