Christine Chubbuck Tape Exists

A few months back, we published an article that centered around a curious and tragic figure in the history of American broadcasting: Christine Chubbuck, an on-air correspondent for a news station in Sarasota, Florida, who in 1974 shot herself on live television. In an odd coincidence, there were two movies about Chubbuck at Sundance this year, and we explored the ongoing search for the video of her death. It had long been unclear if such a tape exists, despite years of searching by the so-called "death hags" on Findadeath.com.

Yesterday, we got a call that confirms the tape's existence. While reporting the original story we had reached out to Mollie Nelson, the widow of the owner of Chubbuck's news station, who the death hags theorized had a copy. She called us back Tuesday afternoon to explain that she has the video — her late husband Robert Nelson had kept a copy of the tape all these years, though Mollie says he never told her why.

When he died, it stayed in her possession. But after the Sundance debut of the quasi-documentary Kate Plays Christine, in which a former news station employee suggests that Nelson might have the tape, people started contacting her asking to see it. The attempts made her uncomfortable, so she gave it to an unnamed "very large law firm" for safekeeping. She says has no plans to ever make it available and only held on to the tape to honor her husband's wishes. It seems, then, that the wait to see a tape nobody really needs to see continues.

vulture.com/2016/06/christine-chubbuck-suicide-video-exists.html

who?

If they destroy that tape I am going to sperg out.

Lost Media Wiki has made me appreciate lost rare stuff once again.

SHOW US THE FUCKING SUICIDE.

SHOW US SHOW US SHOW US

ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO WATCH

Probably not going to be seeing it any time soon.

Fuck this shit. By not letting people see her suicide we are refusing the final wishes of the departed. Why else would she do it in front of a god damn camera?

"Uncomfortable" just release you old biddy

I'm guessing they're waiting for the last of the family to pass away before making a sale of said footage. She's just saying all this to save face, probably.

Why else would she keep it?

Christine's wish was to make a point. She disliked the direction journalism and all media was going in at the time. She hated the idea of glorifying violence and talking about it 24/7.

So, you could say, that the natural progression of time proved her right anyways. I still want to see that damn tape.

Is there a particular reason you want to see someone blow their brains out?

Fuck off. A lot of people want to see the tape you FAGGOT.

>find out thousands of people have searched years for a piece of footage your late husband had
>mention you have it
>a couple ask for it

>OMG I CANT HANDLE THIS ITS MAKING ME UNCOMFORTABLE I CANT DEAL WITH THIS BETTER GIVE IT AWAY TO RANDOM LAW FIRM WHO WILL ARBITRARILY DECIDE ITS FATE. Whooooh much better

You don't?

Who cares, we get daily ISIS videos that are a hundred times worse.

Let me guess, you look like this

It's being kept at the law-firm for safekeeping (aka to facilitate a future sale to a collector probably)

No I have no desire to see a woman blow her brains out. You may want to question why you do

Not at all. Is this your pathetic way of trying to make an argument?

She wanted the footage out there as her dying wish, to prove a point.

Let me guess, you look like this

lol this cute bitch should have tried life as an ugly man

No sympathy

Not that I don't want to see the tape, but she was...kind of insane. There's going to be re-creation in the upcoming biopic "Christine" though (already screened at Sundance)

Here's a hint, she wasn't right in the head moron. If she wanted to protest the media focusing on violence there were other ways to go about it. You're a sick pathetic fuck for wanting to see it and a guaranteed neckbeard or muslim

No those are the people that enjoy those videos moron

You're a spergy loser that is using cesspool memes because you have no argument.

I am not the teenage labels you ascribe to me. You seem to be projecting now. It was her dying wish, who am I to go against what a dead woman wanted?

here you go OP

Oh please, like you've never seen a "shock" video or whatever the fuck. Give me a break, you visit Sup Forums, of course you have.

Novelty

i just reported this, have fun in the pokey, faggot

lol? What? It was in a NEWS ARTICLE WITH VULTURE.COM?!?!!?!

You are a loser on the internet trying to justify desperately wanting to see a video of a mentally unstable woman blowing her brains out on live television. Do the world a favor and never breed. Although I'm sure that wont be a problem for you

Actually no, I don't watch them

Yeah. Okay. We all believe that one.

What method would work? The media is and was also back then completely owned.

Are we not talking about this on a form of media now? Blowing her brains out wasn't the answer. She was obviously troubled

source? what's going on here? tried Google reverse image search

history...

this tape, the tool box recording and Steve Irving are long over due to see the day light.

like the other user said it's actually their final wish that this tapes become public knowledge.

Steve Irving even wrote it on his last will that if he died wrangling with animals and it was captured on film it was to be released, they gave the option to he widow and she pulled out cuss she is a chicken shit

haunted house.

he's bending his knees, the lower legs are fake.

MODS

But the dick he's holding is real, though.

You can hear some of the Tool Box recording outside of a court room on some old news b-roll up on youtube. It's horrendous.

They have adult-only haunted houses.

She wanted the video to be released though. I'm convinced at this point you are a woman, because no man would behave the way you are right now. Please consider suicide, m'lady.

Who gives a shit, wake me up when the grizzly man tape surfaces

I have seen the video, I have read the story and I have read testimonials of actual fbi agents who are exposed to this recording as part of their training.

i wonder why no one has manage to make the recording public since its actually readily available.

the Irvin tapes someone said the family got rid of them for good

this woman's tape is still available and should be made public, it was a form of protest despite her being extremely depress