Recently there has been news of a new mother with a child with Down's syndrome...

Recently there has been news of a new mother with a child with Down's syndrome. Many of you are saying that her child will be a burden on her, her husband, and society for many years.

At Camp PALS, a camp for young adults with Down syndrome, campers are participating “The Congratulations Project,” an initiative where people with Down syndrome and their loved ones write letters to new members of the Down syndrome community.

This letter writer, Jason G, wants to become a scientist.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yEJV4fMtqpc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They should be all aborted or euthanized.

>wants to become a scientist.

And i want to become a superhero with superpower...

This Down's girl, Taylor, wants to be a teacher.

so mean

>inb4 edgelords shitting up the thread

Megan here even has a job at the Broodway Center and makes money. It's more than you could say for NEETs.

>she has a boyfriend

>congrotugors
>I have a grech life

Shouldn't laugh but I am, it's hilarious.

Blake here is a going to be an entrepreneur and start his own business.

It's really endearing how naive and innocent they are. They truly are too beautiful for this world.

Jocelyn is going to take the MCATs and is going to be a doctor.

That's all the letters.

I'll leave you with a video of the camp counselors at Camp Pals. They help us see how wonderful Downies really are.
youtube.com/watch?v=yEJV4fMtqpc

Now, I don't say it's bad per se lf that mother to do that, she should be ptaised for her devotion indeed.

I know that if my kid is diagnosed with a genetic malformation beflre birth, I would do my best to convince my wife to have an abortion.
My aint has scyzophrenia (I know it happens a long time after birth but bear with me) and I see how my grandmother, who's 85, still has to kill herself to help her. Even with her in a clinic, meaning my grandmother has to deal with her 2 days per week on WEs, it is still a major thorn in her side.
I saw how basically life changing that shit is and how much attention, time and money people like that need.

And I just don't have the courage for that. I'm not as virtuous as my grandma. If my child becomes like that later on, well shit, gotta deal with it, but if I can prevent it, I'll try really hard to convince my wife, even if it's her choice in the end.

> mfw diagnosed schizophrenic
> family members treat me like i have downs syndrome
> talk down on me like i have the understanding of a drooling retard
> i scored higher on every test and went further in school than all of them

>Don't be scared. Down Sydrme is amazing.
This is some cult shit

When did you acquire your schiz? Are you in remission right now?

>congrotugors
I fucking lost it at the first word and it only got better from there.

I always wondered whether Down's syndrome was a social issue, or issue of the raw intellect power?

Could Down's child, stripped of freedom and trained all their life in 1 task, be competent or even surpass the average pleb who wastes their potential?

Of course they can. Down's syndrome people can become engineers, scientists, doctors and teachers, just like normal people!

No. While a very very small amount of people have mosaic down syndrome, and have physical characteristics while having an average intelligence, the vast majority lack the mental capacity for alot of tasks.

Even in a purely physical task, down syndrome people are weaker, smaller, and tend to have massive heart problems which greatly shorten theor loves.

I think they can yeah.

I've seen a few Downes people doing mono, simple tasks in shops, ultimately lower end jobs, like cleaning, helping people to get some stuff, giving away plastic bags, that sort of things.

I'm no expert but from what I've deen they were basically big children. Give them one simple thing to do, tell them how to do it, and they can do it. Plus they're the happiest people around, since everyone is nice to them, and they feel like they help.

I would say that no, they can't surpass the average pleb, but they can still be useful.

>abortion
That's a sin.

I have schizophrenia. It isn't so bad in my case. I can't work but I'm trying to. The thing that makes it difficult is that it's hard to hide. You can be walking down the street feeling perfectly normal and thinking about the weather or whatever and people will just stop and stare at you it horror. :(

I hate this. My IQ is in the 99th percentile. I've had people call me retarded to my face.

>Sin
How's the Lord treatin' ya pal?

he liges do blay games :DD

>I KNOW YOU FEEL THREATENED BY MY BABY

>YOU ARE A SHITLORD

>DOWN = BEAUTIFUL

fug :DDD