Pic related shows why the new GiTS movie is going to suck

pic related shows why the new GiTS movie is going to suck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i-mqcTjnvYA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't get it. Because it's...slightly different?

Because the hommage doesn't try to be an exact reproduction ?

top is in a position where she looks like a lifeless soulless person in a dark cyberpunk world

bottom is in a position where she appears to be stressed about something or pondering, something after waking up from a dream, also that amazing contrast between her dark room and the city landscape

>literally the opening shot of lost in translation

what did they mean by this?

dropped
seriously, they couldnt place the apartment higher??
this flick needs the axe

>SERIOUS MOVIES ARE GRITTY AND DARK, COLOURS ARE DISNEY TIER

Why is she sleeping on fluorescent tubes? Wouldn't that be uncomfortable?

pic related shows why GiTS is childish hogwash for the videogame generation

>anime
>spawned the matrix
>gets live action from hollywood

how can anyone in their right mind consider GiTS not hogwash

I have a feeling the one in the live action is going to turn out to be an image on a screen.

There's no other explanation for why the perspective looks so shit.

everything has inspiration from something
I'm pretty sure that painting itself had inspiration from a former artist

she looks pretty bad
heck she looks pretty bad in lucy and under the skin too

she only look good on avengers tho
and thats ´coz she was younger, she aged like milk.

Shut up meme, you have no soul.

>Cyborg body

>Built with flawed features

Seriously why cast ScarJo? She looks too distinct. If you said they were trying to make her blend in then cast someone more average looking. Or on the opposite end, hire someone stunningly beautiful. I think she could have been a decent Major 10 years ago.

It baffles me how some people are praising this movie's visuals.

This may be the worst cityscape I have ever seen.

Based on the trailer it doesn't seem like its following the original source material at all

whats the point? I always felt like GiTS the story and the arcs the character was the essence, and the sequel and spinoff stuff was supplemental at best

>This is the future! Look at the shiny buildings and gigantic holograms of multicultural people!

Of course they would completely misunderstand Oshii's reason for choosing the 90's era Asian Tiger Hong Kong. For them, it's enough to paste some gaudy giant and impractical advertisement holograms on top of some Dubai-esque city

Wrong, OP.

Pic related's film history is why GiTS will be subpar.

Or the film history of everyone involved.

>they
NO. Not "they". Rupert Sanders. There is a face to this failure, they aren't hidden men in suits. Its this one guy who ran with a script that should have fell out of circulation 8 years ago.

But thats hong kong

The problem is that modern cities don't allow filmmakers to show their cities in a bad light. If you are given a filming license for an area, you are expected to make something that will make your audience want to visit that city.

This is why Tourist Boards deal with film licenses.

>all these delicious tears from the weaboo virgins

Cry more, bitches.

Nobody gives a fuck about your childish cartoons.

this upsets me...

Simply this. Amazing how it flies over these newfag's heads..
>DUDE IT'S A MINOR DIFFERENCE
Daft cunts the lot of ya.. yea i'm fucking mad... not even a weeb

It looks like Paul WS Anderson garbage.

It would turn off "le nerdy" hambeasts. Can't lose all them sjw shekels now, can't we, goy?

>Giant Holographic Geisha
>Muslim head advertising for airlines
>Dubai-esque city

I recognize the cemetery and some buildings superimposed in the backgrounds, but other than that the only thing that remotely resembles Hong Kong is the lower right corner of

>bottom is in a position where she appears to be stressed about something

She's a fucking robot, you dumbass weaboo.

No she isn't retard, she's a person whose brain was put in a robot body.

She's nothing more than a stupid robot, retard.

Your kiddy cartoon aren't as deep as you think.

Grow the fuck up.

Weaboo genocide when

hey buddy what are you trying to pull off here?

how is a human brain deeper than a robot?

>"It doesn't look futuristic enough. Add a cable and some wires."

Yes, it's the light.

Top shows how she is the light in a dark world.
Bottom shows how she wonders about the mystery of her own existence.

It's just a point of view, not a big thing.

Director Rupert Sanders' only previous directing experience

>Snow White and the Huntsman (2012) - Director

Jesus Christ, Hollywood

I thought Ghosbusters was the most fucking pathetic low you would ever go to, but this actually tops it. Bravo jews.

>In July 2012, Us Weekly published photos of Sanders cheating on Ross with actress Kristen Stewart

kek

someone post those

Hong Kong barely even resembles what it did back in the 90's now, it's rapid development into a global mongrel city was part of the reason Oshii wanted to capture it in that transition

two reasons for this

1) they need someone who is a big star to get an anime adaptation off the ground.
2) she is the same age as the major.

This

Looks like she's wearing a bin liner

I'm gonna guess because
-it feels flat
-light focus on scarjo/the major instead of the city in the background
This makes the major the subject of the scene, instead of the city and how people relate to it.
Subtle difference that makes a huge shift of tone.

The director is by far the biggest worry about the film right now. By far.

Motoko isn't a robotic tin-man. She wakes up and goes to work like everyone else.

the people who made this new movie thought the bed was glowing and its not just the sunlight

The gigantic human holograms ruined it.
Yes, I'm sure future Japan will have 300 ft tall negroes playing basketball between its towers.

more like they wanted to make sure the subjects ass was lit.

You're right, but right now Hong Kong still has more similarities with the 1995 Gits than "Dubai with holographic advertisements", which seems to be Hollywood's idea of Sci Fi.

The crew even filmed in Hong Kong, you would've thought they won't somehow fuck the aesthetics up.

ACtion Woman Scarlett Johanson

How can one guy in his late 40s just... INSTANTLY become a director with a 9-figure budget at his disposal? It can't just be because he's Jewish.

His only claim to fame was that he did a short for the slut that was banging Trent Reznor.

And he ruined prime time K Stew. Straight turned her into a turbo dyke.

Rupert Sanders is a fucking hack with zero originality. This movie needed a true visionary to make it.

if you don't understand cinematography, just don't bother posting.

>lying on a slab of concrete and plastic
>wires plugged into back of neck

Cyborgs are people too. They enjoy comfy beds and they get energy from cyborg food. They probably also enjoy a clean living space that doesnt have wires and shit falling out of the ceiling

>enjoy a clean living space that doesnt have wires and shit falling out of the ceiling
i am alive and i live in a dirty appartment with wires and shit falling out of the ceiling

OP how can u say that
>THICCC

Hopper is top kino.

the water scene with the city in the background looks perspective fucked too.

its thoroughly fucked m8.

Why didn't they just try to recreate the Tokyo skyline?

>The problem is that modern cities don't allow filmmakers to show their cities in a bad light.
Even Coruscant looked better than this.

The pic you posted is Hong Kong and they shot some footage there.

They could've just left the aesthetics as is and it would've looked better than what we see in the trailer.

because scifi

GITS takes place after World War III basically destroys everyone but Japan and there's a massive flood of refugees

why cant I watch the city from the inside?

THIS is hong kong

>Americans

but where do I put my 100 million dorrar CG?

It looks fine you weeb fucks, I don't watch anime but I'm sure whatever change they've made that made your neet virgins so mad could only make it better

this

DUDE LONG EXPOSITION DUMPS LMAO

well, it is different because it has a different goal. It's not trying to be exactly the same as the shot from the anime. What's wrong with it putting focus on Major instead of the city?

it's just less dreamy

What are you talking about? It looks great.

>this is what Blade Runner 2 looks like

so good

The lower pic has better lighting and composition, you can see Motoko's silhouette and the city even from the thumbnail. And despite being hand drawn, it looks more natural and realistic.

The upper pic's brightest part is Scar Jew's lower body, but the background is also very detailed, so what exactly is the focal point again? There are also random stuff scattered around the room, they contribute absolutely nothing artistically.

The original's lighting and aesthetic creates a poignant feel. The new one doesn't do that, it looks like a generic TV show, it's visually incompetent.

Pic related is another sequence ripped from the original movie, but they somehow visually fucked it up.

a hundred percent right

SO MUCH GOING ON

The mask blends right in.

it looks significantly worse from a composition point of view, and it looks like they're adding unnecessary details to stress how futuristic and inhuman everything is.

why can't she just sleep on a fucking bed? why does it have to be tubes

Because otherwise someone in the audience may not know this is a sci fi movie. Also make everything blue, just in case they still don't know.

youtube.com/watch?v=i-mqcTjnvYA
BTFO

Is it nepotism?

I am so so glad this thread exists and people are pointing all this out. I thought I was going nuts because no one was seeing this.
The biggest problem with translating this to film is that the original is an incredibly visually precise film and 99% of the visuals can only work in it's stylized fashion. Live action attempts can only do a poor job of it. Not just in composition and colours but also in movement.

I know right? All those normies saying this look good, or is in any way faithful to the Oshii films.

It disturbs me profoundly, how many people i know who thought the trailer looked good.

The set designer thought the bed had fucking lights in it.

Furthermore, the composition is about how even though shes in the bright and shining future, the human condition is still dark and unknown.

>original
>contrasting the violence of action and the shitty sewer piping with the immaculate "future" in the background

>remake
>an invisible person throws a guy in front of Kowloon walled city.

Because it's based off an anime and anime sucks? It's a pretty solid point.

>tl;dr: I'm upset Scarjo isn't nude
Anime fans care about getting their nut than artistry. Sad.

I can agree with that, first thing I noticed with the OP.
Haven't even watched any GITS movie

well that's a really awkward narrative to have to force and I feel sorry for anyone under a directive to try.

>she's a person whose brain was put in a robot body.
Is she really though?
I like to think she is an AI like the puppetmaster.
Thats why they're so similar, thats why he chose her.
I think thats why she's so concerned with her own humanity.

>i am alive
Yeah, thats what i'm telling myself every night.

>Is she really though?
>I like to think she is an AI like the puppetmaster.
>Thats why they're so similar, thats why he chose her.
>I think thats why she's so concerned with her own humanity

Yes she was.

She was fully human once, but was cyberised as a small girl after a plane crash or something. There's a whole episode devoted to it on 2nd gig. The reason she questions her humanity an philosophizes about existence so much is because she's been cyberised for so long and lives in a society where everything else is too. Add this to fact that she's rather clever and willing to probe into these mysteries and you can see why puppetmaster would see her as an equal. Its basically the same reason Laughing Man respected her too.

She merely observes that a "consciousness" can be created out of an extremely complex AI which developed over a long time, drawing on all the information available on the net.