Hacksaw Ridge

>no interracial romance
>no sexual degeneracy
>positive portrayals of Christianity and masculinity
>moral conviction actually shown in a positive light
>evenhanded depiction of wartime atrocities
>protagonist actually quotes Jesus Christ Himself verbatim on screen
>character named "Hollywood" is an exhibitionist faggot who talks big but turns out to be a coward
>no strong powerful women who don't need no man
>no shilling for Islam
>blacks have a total of two seconds screentime
>Japanese are depicted as fierce, manly warriors
>no monologues about fat acceptance or how hard it is being gay

Can every movie be like this from now on please?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lM3c19M_zgw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Based Mel is /ourguy/, always was, and always will be

>heh, if I act smugly maybe my lack of arguments will be ignored

>internet
>arguments

>despite all this Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 86%

Are they finally learning?

we're entering the Trump era

>can all movies pander to my agenda now
I like Mel as much as anyone who isn't retarded but you Sup Forumsbabbies are a bunch of sensitive faggots.

I wish Mel could save us from capeshit.

>>Japanese are depicted as fierce, manly warriors
>tfw it's a cocksucking weeb thread

and yet Sup Forumsyps still got triggered because the main character didn't use a gun and was therefore a cuck.

This
The Japs are savages

Shouldn't you be getting your wife a towel to wipe Tyrone's HIV nut off her face?

>cuck memes when you get triggered because someone called out your hugbox
Grow some skin faggot

>you will never

why is she wearing a wig?

thread hidden

What the fuck were you expecting? Did you think there are a lot of opportunities for an interracial black/muslim romance or fat acceptance in a World War 2 movie?

haha, what the fuck is that mesh shit? what a fucking blunder.

>character named "Hollywood" is an exhibitionist faggot who talks big but turns out to be a coward

Damn, didn't even think about that one. Based Mel does it again.

>had to cast a kike for the main part
He was a good goy

Teresa Palmer is a great waifu to have

Even her nude leaks were classy as fuck.

>that shot of her topless in the pool with the cross necklace
pure photokino lads

Great example of conservative moviemaking
Libruls can go fuck a rake

Remember how conservatives were portrayed as psychopaths and warmongerers? Here is a conservative filmmaker who actually shows how awful war is while our liberal propaganda capeshits keep glorifying violence. Who is the real psychopath?

Can't wait to see this on the big screen. Will gladly pay full price for this.

Why are you so insecure

>no sexual degeneracy

The only people who type this on Sup Forums of all things is 100% virgin

Yes I have those. Stunning woman.

Yes, positive portrayals of Christianity and Masculinity.

D R O P P E D
Religion did nothing good during this war. Only inspired germans. "Gott mit uns" and shit.

It was fucking great on the big screen with theater speakers although I could tell some of the CGI would look meh on a computer screen

Hollywood wasn't a coward really, he was afraid at first sure but after the moment of hesitation he moved forward just like everyone else. He even sort of saved Vince Vaughn.

Absolute ear kino
youtube.com/watch?v=lM3c19M_zgw

MOTY 2016

>first act full of scenes that establish nothing new about the characters
>terrible romance that contributes nothing to the story
>Vince Vaughn constantly cracking jokes ever time he's on screen in an ostensibly serious movie
>the protagonist has zero flaws and is never in real danger throughout the entire movie
>shoehorning documentary footage after the movie has already ended

How can anyone enjoy this garbage, apart from ideological reasons? You maga faggots really have low standards.

I literally havent been to the movie theatre in years

You just sold that film a fuckin ticket M80, congrats!

They have the best view of war in my opinion

Honor > Guilt and No Apologies for War, just avoid in future

They also devote themselves to combat better than any other soldiers (apparently in US history even). They just lacked resources, training and technology during WW2 considering they were fresh on the war scene

Ive fucked dozens of women

Degeneracy, ESPECIALLY sexual degeneracy, should be stopped

Show me one movie where a drill sergeant isn't supposed to be a comical character

Vince Vaughn is actually a great actor, he did the part well, though I imagine he wanted a role that shows off his serious acting ability, while this one reinforces that he's a comic actor.
He was great in true detective s2 btw. Made me want to watch this movie

Found the libcucktard

>honor
>slaughtering civilians by the hundreds of thousands
>shooting medics intentionally
Yeah right mate

Bet you think ww2 germany was honourable too

>one movie where drill sergeant isn't supposed to be comical

>>first act full of scenes that establish nothing new about the characters
It literally establishes the characters
>>terrible romance that contributes nothing to the story
That's part of his story
>>Vince Vaughn constantly cracking jokes ever time he's on screen in an ostensibly serious movie
>I have never met a drill sgt
>>the protagonist has zero flaws and is never in real danger throughout the entire movie
Wrong wrong wrong
>>shoehorning documentary footage after the movie has already ended
Based on real life, might as well show the real man

Kill yourself pls

>not comical
You must be autistic because you have no sense of humor

Problem is he is just a poor man's Gunnery Sergeant Hartman. And Vince didn't add enough to the part to make it something else or something new. He is definitely the weakest cast member in an otherwise flameless cast roster.

He's supposed to be comical.

He's funny to us because of how verbose he is but all of the marines are scared shitless of him

you didn't even fucking see the movie

I actually don't have a problem with his performance, it was one of the few things I liked in the movie. However, the movie was going for a serious tone (it's a TRUE STORY, faith is SERIOUS BUSINESS, look at this footage of VETERANS CRYING), so he stood out like a sore thumb. Additionally, every other character ends up looking even more boring and lifeless in comparison.

Doss and the Alpha dude had some bantz in the trenches

>It literally establishes the characters

Please tell me what we came to know about the characters in question during the first hour of the movie that we didn't find out in the first 5 minutes of each of their initial appearances.

>That's part of his story

Eating breakfast every day is part of his story as well, doesn't mean you should portray it on screen. The romance adds nothing to his character.

>Wrong wrong wrong

Quality arguments.

>Based on real life, might as well show the real man

Why not show some footage of his wife cooking while we're there?

>Kill yourself

Nah, but no one's forcing you to reply.

Gunny will very often crack jokes and then shout at you for laughing

Dude you're retarded.

Maybe Harry Potter is more your speed

For real?

That's his nickname ya

>It's not fair! Why don't I get a hugbox?!

Back to marvel movies.

Are you so insecure that you literally can't hear/read anything negative about something you like without lashing out?

You dont understand War

There are no good/justified wars

War is evil along with everything in it (INCLUDING KILLING CIVILIANS AND MEDICS)

The goal is not to fight another war while trying to spare all the medics/civilians

THE FUTURE GOAL FOR HUMANITY IS TO PREVENT WAR

You are focusing on a symptom of war and ignoring the causes along with what War itself truly is.

Japs took the concept of honour and loyalty to a logical extreme even the most bible-thumping conservatives can't even comprehend.

>>slaughtering civilians by the hundreds of thousands
Allies did this too, only they mostly did it by air raids, which is the dissociative and even somewhat cowardly way to do it.

God forbid a conservative makes a good film about Christianity and men's men, no, we need gays and blacks instead all the fucking time.

Based Mel never disappoints

>americans
>masculine

>a conservative makes a good film about Christianity and men's men, no, we need gays and blacks instead all the fucking time.
Nothing wrong with this.

>Can every movie be like this from now on?
Quite a bunch wrong with this.

based mel does it again

This

They were right though: If you absolutely must go to war, go full war and never do it again

Exactly why calling some parts of war "not evil" is evil

It normalizes and justifies firebombing children to death because... ummm... you cant hear them scream? I honestly can't even come up with a criteria without growing a vagina.

I don't spend my entire days on Sup Forums so I really don't give a shit about any of that and it seems it would take a meme loving petty faggot to care about such stupid things and consider them qualities of a good movie.

Gibson has aged really well for an alcoholic.

Go fuck yourself.

He quit the drink 10 years ago, following what happened.

No you

Well you're a poopy head

>There is racial bigotry in my beloved corps. I look down on niggers, kikes, wops and greasers. Here you are all equally worthless.
Damn it, Gibson. How did he get away with this?

It was an oldschool good ol' American popcorn war movie. As a fan of the genre there wasn't much new in there for me but the action was very good.

>How did get away with this?
cause its true senpai

>a WWII movie doesn't involve many contemporary issues

shocking

Do Sup Forumstards and the rest of the alt-right know that they are literally the other side of the same coin as SJWs?

If they did, do you think all this would be happnening?

If you look at modern historic video gaems like Battlefield 1 and just about every form of (((media))) there is a non-stop flow of SJW bullshit (mainly degeneracy and racemixing)

>"Alt right" exists outside Hillary's namecalling list
>Retarded Reich is the same as SJWers durrrrr

They're both retarded but both very different. You're pretending to be the (((guy))) in this image

>mainly degeneracy and racemixing

There's nothing of that in battlefield 1 but alright, keep it up with the buzzwords

>>Japanese are depicted as fierce, manly warriors

As someone who isn't Christian, how preachy is this movie?

>Japanese
>honorable

What a complete fucking meme, they don't even acknowledge their atrocities

Remember that time they ate US pilots? Yeah I member

They shove black male soldiers into the masculine hero roles and even put a black guy on the cover in a war that was pretty much white people vs slightly less white people.

Also Mafia 3 off the top of my head. Literally a game callled MAFIA about a big badass black guy who curbstomps whiteys to death and guns down klan members because... hes mafia?
>pic related

>the people who value personal responsibility and free speech are exactly the same as the ones trying to police everyone's words and run for the nearest safe space as soon as they get called out on their bullshit
Yeah, no.

>They shove black male soldiers into the masculine hero roles

Well I don't think black female soldiers would count as masculine so good on 'em

>and even put a black guy on the cover in a war that was pretty much white people vs slightly less white people.

So according to you the Harlem Hellfighters never existed.

So they portrayed people you dislike and thus it's degeneracy?

>ywn leave a legacy behind like des based doss

Also i didnt see a single black in this movie

>Show me one movie where a drill sergeant isn't supposed to be a comical character
DSs are typically hilarious. The catch is if you laugh, they destroy you.

It's dishonorable to surrender or spare the lives of the enemies(including all women, children, POWs, guys who retreat, guys who throw down their weapons as they start losing a battle and medics) of the emperor during war

You just dont understand and you make us white people look like niggers when you dont.

Overall the Japs had their chance and proved they were "worse" at war(evil) than we were even though they had a better understanding of how it should be fought

You already assume that modern total war is inevitable and ignore that it is a MAN MADE PHENOMENA

CONFLICT IS INEVITABLE

NOT WAR

WAR is just preferable as the lesser of two evils once the decision is forced by other factors

>the protagonist has zero flaws and is never in real danger throughout the entire movie

Did you even see the god damn movie?

Doss was flawed as fuck. It's his flaws that made him into who he became. He held on to those beliefs no matter what everyone else said.

Seeing this tomorrow. Expecting an above average movie that I will forget as soon as I live the theater. Is that about what it is?

Black characters have little-no significant role to play in either the WW1 or Mafia scenes

Not even being racist, but this conversation must stop

The black protag in GTA5 was perfectly fine because it was modern day LA

Shows how little you know about WW1 then

It wasn't all white guys in trenches in France

>first act does nothing

Are you retarded? It set up the characters and taught you everything about them without it spoonfeeding. The first part of the movie was essential so that the second half had the emotional impact it needs.

Hell even dessys squad mates are all introduced with personalities so that when they all get rekt later you fucking feel for them.

Stick to capeshit where invincible men in capes kill generic aliens over and over and you dont care who is dying as long as someone dies. This film was literally above your level.