If you're out on the road

>if you're out on the road

Watching the Thanksgiving episode right now

what's this show about? what themes does it explore?

It's a screwball comedy series about a mother/daughter duo and their adventures in comfy small-town Connecticut. Fast-paced witty dialogue mixed with pop culture references, along with plenty of oddball side characters and some drama.

>Her father was born and raised in Argentina.[5][6] Her paternal grandfather, Enrique Einar Bledel Huus, was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and was of Danish and distant German descent; Enrique was Vice President of Coca-Cola Latin America and the Coca-Cola Inter-American Corporation. Bledel's paternal grandmother, Jean (née Campbell), was originally from New York, and had Scottish and English ancestry.[7][8][9] Bledel's mother, Nanette, was born in Phoenix, Arizona, and moved to Guadalajara, Mexico, at the age of eight; Nanette was raised there, and in Mexico City.

>what's this show about?

crazy dialogues written by someone on ecstasy

I wouldn't be surprised

Amy Sherman is like the female Aaron Sorkin minus the preaching

Do they ever les out?

yes 5th episode 4rd season

>tfw will never grow up in Stars Hollow

Why live.

I'm afraid not, but there's plenty of subtext suggesting their feelings for each other are more than platonic. One of the writer/producers has admitted as much.

Fuck you

y-you too

Did anyone find the asian friend a raging bitch?

No, but her mother seemed pretty cold.

Cold, but understandable for a controlling christian mother.

The asian friend was a high horse cunt.

What did Lane do that seemed so cunty to you? I can't really think of anything overly bitchy she ever did on the show, other than freezing Rory out sometimes over supid teenage shit-- which they both did to eachother anyway.

Both of their "best friend foils" were annoying. Sookie was bubbly to the point where I wanted to murder her with an axe, and Lane was always having one stupid problem/crisis after another that I didn't give a shit about. I also thought it was really weird how she dated the same guy for like 3 years before finally letting him fuck her.

That said she becomes more tolerable after she joins the band, her bandmates are pretty funny.

The way she acted about her "subversive" lifestyle and musical preferences, honestly.
Seemed so above it all.

There's a point where someone mentions how she wasn't even of the generation she liked to praise, but responded that she feels like her spirit is there.

Fair enough.

Sookie wasn't terrible, though I'm worried about whether she'll be different in the new season unless they reign in McCarthy's way of doing comedy now. She always did a little bit of slapstick on the show and could be loud/obnoxious, but never to the levels of the roles that shot that woman to fame after the show ended.

Mostly I hope Lorelai is still kind of a bitch/shitty friend to her despite them being besties.

>ywn settle down in a quirky small town

I think youre missing the point of a character playing an edgy teen rebel...

What's funny is that most of what she listened to seemed to be entry-level dadrock. She was a pleb who saw herself as some kind of aficionado

Paris best grill

Eh, she got on my nerves rather often and rarely added anything to the show. She's one of those people you would meet and think she was really nice but fuck being around her for more than 5 minutes

objectively correct

The netflix continuation comes out tomorrow guys, be ready

>I think youre missing the point of a character playing an edgy teen rebel...

If someone had called her out on it at least.

My ovaries ready awaiting all the painful nostalgia

No one thinks they're being edgy whilst they're a teenager.

Damn this shit was so bad, all the characters were caricatures of real people.
I guess that's how the world looks through the eyes of a privileged, sheltered, white female. It reminded me of my female classmates.

Come on user, you should know that the elite in Mexico are whiter than normal whites in the US.

How come for someone so well read, did Rory want to become a journalist? Journalists are basically the bottom-tier alley rapists of language. Most writers saw them as below them.

>well read
Like Lane she was pleb tier trash

>makes Oliver Twist reference
>completely befuddles other "well read" characters

It might have still been considered prestigious? You'd think she'd have an interest in current events but that was few and far between on the actual show.

Nowadays the type of journalist Rory aspired to is widely reviled.

They will be using the new buzzword that is post-fact/post-truth, will they.

It's a poor attempt at making seem like she "cared" about the world around her, while in reality it's simply a grotesque, distorted, priveledged view.

Is the Young Pope any good?

Yes. Keep in mind that it's not anti-religion in any way. The humour is subtle.

I generally hate Sorrentino, I'm not so sure.

I'm indifferent. At the very least it means more Gilmore Girls threads