Since HBO’s juggernaut hit series debuted in 2011, numerous “[X]...

>Since HBO’s juggernaut hit series debuted in 2011, numerous “[X], but like Game of Thrones” concepts have been tossed around by TV creators on the regular. Few of them have been made so far, but NBC’s upcoming Tarsem Singh-directed drama Emerald City is gunning for the label. A dark new take on the Land of Oz fantasy setting created by L. Frank Baum that began with his The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz, the show stars Vincent D’Onofrio as the Wizard and Adria Arjona as an older version of Dorothy Gale. Emerald City sees Dorothy transported by tornado along with a K9 police dog into a mystical land of competing realms, lethal warriors, dark magic and a bloody battle for supremacy.

youtube.com/watch?v=DRCKdYORpiE

Is this a spoof?

holy shit how can they afford to waste so much money to produce such piece of shit?

who will be watching this? I doubt gays as the original audience would.

cw cringe tumbler girls? this trailer has written failure all over it.

Who makes these decissions? Can I have that person's job instead please?

This was created in a board room by committee

>Fucking fund it, Jeff!

Why can't we have some kind of 2004 HBO quality post-apocalyptic Fallout/Gantz setting with quatuor MCs including a 30yrs old cold asshole, 12 years old sociopath, middle aged greedy bastard and an shy innocent teenager

>I WANT MAGIC, DID YOU KILL MY SISTER
If this doesn't become a thing on this board I'll eat a hat.

We already did dark Wizard of Oz correctly without turning it into something it's not.

>Can I have that person's job instead please?
I doubt anyone on Sup Forums would do much worse of a job at this point. Hell, the 'remove a letter from a TV show/ movie, pitch your idea' threads produce better shit than this.

would gladly watch Jurassic Ark or Home Alone Lost in New Ork over this

I'd watch Rear Widow over this.

What the hell is this

I believe it is a screenshot from Medieval Total War 2

Mount and Blade screenshot.

>The Scarecrow is some CW type guy with some dirt and straw on him for one scene that will probably be a love interest

>that sword

but why

Well, at least Dorothy's love interest is a caucasian male.

And where the fuck do these new shows keep coming from? Do I live in a cave without knowing it?

A video game

I have no idea either despite lurking Sup Forums around the clock. Maybe it's intended for the female Netflix maniacs audience.

Boardrooms

>Tarsem

OK, I'm in

Warcraft 3

I'd rather he just keep making his own movies

>along with a K9 police dog

but, why?

Eh why not, I'll give it a chance.

Lead girl seems cute, and I like Tarsem's fabulous queer shenanigans.

Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland adaptations need to stop

Tarsem creates some beautiful-looking stuff, but he's fucking horrible at every other aspect of directing

>It's like Wizard of Oz, but nothing like it!

The Fall was pretty solid on every aspect