I love this album but can't stand her fucking voice

i love this album but can't stand her fucking voice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kpz_CQZbSpk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Likes Björk album
>Doesn't like her voice
This is like saying you love a piano concerto, but hate the piano as an instrument

Not really.

Why don't you like her voice, and what does the album do that overshadows that?

You just described Melt Banana's discography

Understandable. Most love it or hate it, not much middle ground. Glad you at least appreciate the wonderful instrumentation presented on Vespertine.

I've never heard of anyone hating Vespertine.

>nOt rEalLy.

Every person I've ever talked to that has heard of Bjork seem to think she sings like Yoko ono, but when I play them a song by her, they immediately surprised. She doesn't shriek as much as people think.

>it says "Vespertine" in the cover
What the fuck. I've seen this album cover like a million times and I had never noticed that.

Sorry, I was referring to Björk's voice. Should have specified.

Oh, that's true. I never really understood how polarizing her voice is though. Sure, the way she phrases melodies can be strange, but otherwise I don't see what people find unpleasant about her voice.

I didn't notice that the first couple of times either. M/M are geniuses.

Trust me, I don't get it either. As far as I'm concerned, she has one of the most alluring voices in music. I was hooked from the moment my parents introduced me to The Sugarcubes, and later, Post.

What's most appealing about her voice for you? To me, I feel as if she sings with a certain freedom you don't find in a lot of other singers, her phrasing and rhythmic sensibilities keeping you on your toes, in a way that's unpredictable but still satisfying.

Your parents sound cool too.

Different guy here. It's hard to describe why exactly her voice is so appealing. I think her voice is partly so appealing because it's clear enough that it sounds smooth and melodic to the ears and her vocal range also allows her to be extremely versatile in her delivery and emotion. Something that always stood out to me was the growls she would do in her early work.

You really said it best, better than I ever could. There are so many unique qualities in her voice, and she can make it fluctuate at the drop of a hat without it seeming forced or unnatural. Every word flows perfectly, she never seems to be uncomfortable in any of her vocal modes.

Yes, they have good taste. I got lucky.

>he didn't realize while fapping to her armpits

it's just boring, flat and dry.
kate's a much more interesting singer

Just out of curousity, have you listened to any other Björk albums? She is very emotive on Debut.

>boring
I've never heard this before, why would you say that? She's extremely emotive.
Patrician
:^)

how could anyone possibly say that bjork has a boring voice

that criticism doesn't even make sense

just post, vespertine and this.
emotive but just not musically interesting.
i don't enjoy her singing and barely muster through some of her songs on other albums.
it's boring, cold but not in a unique way like someone like nico. just manufactured, when i hear her sing i can tell she's trying to sing if that makes sense. it doesn't come off as natural to me.
i don't just don't like her singing at all.
it does very little for me in comparison to the instrumentation in her music.

>just manufactured, when i hear her sing i can tell she's trying to sing if that makes sense
no, it doesn't make sense

wrong image, meant to post medulla which is my favorite.

yes it does.
stop trying so hard fag.

>when i hear her sing i can tell she's trying to sing
this criticism can be levied against almost any artist

While I respect your opinion, I do find it extremely odd. When I hear shit like this, I'm captivated by the emotion in her voice and the range she possesses. But, to each their own, I guess. youtube.com/watch?v=Kpz_CQZbSpk

This.

I don't hate it, but it's my least fav besides volta

Why would that be? I haven't heard Volta yet by the way.

I love how diverse her albums usually are. Vespertine just blends together for me and every song sounds too similar.

It just ends up feeling monotonous, her vocals especially.

Personally, Vespertine and Homogenic are my favorite albums of her's because of that reason. Because they both have pretty consistent sounds throughout, it sounds like a more cohesive experience and makes full listens easier. I disagree on the vocals, though. As I always feel like her vocals are on point, even on her worst albums.

I can definitely see that, but personally, I've never found anything that sounds quite like it so it has a very individual sound I find myself wanting to come back to.

What is your favorite of hers? If I had to guess I'd say Post.