youtube.com/watch?v=Vob2AXRd3Ts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> 1989
modern af

>1970

Still nothing like it

future soul

Literally all albums since I'm listening to them in 2017 you idiot
An album can only sound like the current year, it doesn't actually exists in other frames of time. The album you listened to back then ceased to exist; the music is gone forever. We only have the music we have now. Every time you listen to an album, you will listen to the sound of the current time, and nothing else.

i need to listen to this still

Shut the fuck up.

>albums that don't sound like other albums with the same "year" label
Better?

Stop being willfully dense. You know what OP means; music that doesnt sounds categorical of the time it was made. Music that doesnt follow the compistional, recording and structure trends associated with the time it was made.

I honestly can't tell if this is bait, but music released in different years can still sound like the year they are released in buddy. Obviously, it depends on the album, but production techniques and trends can be a dead giveaway to the era they were released in

Anything by kraftwerk

This sounds like something that would come out in like 30 years. The first track is still one of the most insane things i've ever heard.

youtube.com/watch?v=e2atg-2rLYE

do it. if you have trouble listening to the first track at first; try out spanish key first. it's easily the most accessible track. i first listened to it in may so i was in the same boat not too long ago; i'm completely hooked on it now

autism the post

The Free Form Freakouts sound like if a bunch of cavemen took acid and just picked up instruments for the first time, it's amazing. It sounds prehistoric.

youve convinced me ill try it

Sodium chloride

*tips fedora*

This sounds amazing for 1980.

>1999
Molly sounds like it was recorded in fucking 2020

A ton of rock that came out in the late 80s sounds like it was made well into the 90s.

makes u think

Eh, Stereolab did it way earlier.

I still feel like it's a future classic.

I personally love Stereolab, but could you please give me an example of them sounding like sweet trip?

this and TVU&N are the first things that come to mind. crazy that they came out in the late 60s.

I bet you because of renewed interest, they will release a com back record by 2020

If this came out in 2017, literally everyone would know about The Residents

But no one would "know" The Residents
;----------)

This could be out tomorrow and would still sounds fresh

>autism

This sounds nothing like 1975. Take a listen: m.youtube.com/watch?v=8UXircX3VdM

I think it's safe to say that this album aged the best out of all of Sakamoto's, maybe even, as an extension, all of YMO's too

no joke taking things you hear and see literally is a sign of autism

This sounds like it could have been a hit indie song from this decade

youtube.com/watch?v=7MPnZ3AOlto

>sound like if a bunch of cavemen took acid and just picked up instruments for the first time,
The song? Eh, I don't really hear it. Not as cool as I thought...

it is actually 1969, it was re-released under a different label with heavy alterations

Some of this sounds like the type of shit Wilco would be doing in the early 2000s. It’s baffling how this is from 1974. You can tell that this laid the blueprint for albums like Automatic for the People and Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

it sounds like released in 2115

holy shite nibbs. Just decided to listen to this out of curiosity. So far its fucking grand

citation?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Cauda_Semper_Stat_Venenum

Dude massive prog rock marathons like this are as 70's as disco.

I still can't believe The Ascension came out in 1981.

what you linked was definitely the re-release in any case

it's a myth baka

lmao

HOL UP HOL UP

this

Tomorrow Never Knows absolutely blew my mind knowing it was made in 1966. It doesn't even sound like a Beatles song.

I'd have to say raw power is the more timeless record, this and fun house do have little tidbits that still sound like their respective eras.

honestly the first take of it sounds like it was made in the future
youtube.com/watch?v=ZfnuqpLcbjk

>1979
I still don't believe this could have been released in the late 70s. Both this and Deceit both still sound like they're from the future

>a dozen ppl replying to this obvious bait

holy fuck this shit slaps

Going off the sound alone, this could have come out in basically any year between, say, 1975 and the year it actually came out

Not trying to be a condescending jerk, but there was quite a bit of stuff before or around that time that sounded like This Heat. I mean I love This Heat! But Canterbury prog, krautrock, and industrial had clear influences on it. They just took it further than everybody else except David Lynch was willing to.

This was made a year after the last surviving Civil War veteran died.
youtube.com/watch?v=bVl2_MSwmSA

timeless power pop

Even crazier to imagine that two years before that they were writing A Hard Day’s Night. They went from that to Tomorrow Never Knows in /two years/

Holy shit, this may be the craziest one in this thread, good find

1969 was a good fucking year.
youtube.com/watch?v=36Srmk7JYlI

But many consider it a classic

youtube.com/watch?v=EwGjVsCSOsU
This is a trap beat from 1989

6:30

The couple minutes before is even more impressive. Sounds like something made in the mid-00s.

shit. before it goes into that boombap cadence.. thats trap.

youtube.com/watch?v=cjKVJ2z66fk

>1996
>peak of watered down radio alt-rock and britpop
>feels even more modern than self-titled and Adrenaline due to the production

youtube.com/watch?v=Vob2AXRd3Ts
1974, but could have easily been released by a band like of Montreal

Whoops, my bad. 1973, not 1974.

take your time with it but give it your attention
it is difficult at first

tell me you're being retarded on purpose

Came out at the turn of the new century and still sounds light years ahead of all other deep house

One of the best listens ever

Released in 1987
Sounds like 2012

50s

80s

60s

00s

00s

70s (it wasn't recorded during the 60s nor 70s you retard)

60s

60s

80s

80s

90s

70s

10s

90s (good pick)

60s (good pick though)

80s

It’s odd in that it’s got one foot in melodic pop rock of the 60s/70s but also another foot in the alternative rock and power pop of the 80s and 90s

>refused shape of punk to come
That album was miles ahead of the 90s

>1988
Although it might just be me, not for sure.

2001, this still sounds inventive

the vocals date the hell out of this album

forgot this. whoops

Murmur sounds like it could have come out yesterday for the most part.

Yeah, this and Alex Chilton's solo "Like Flies on Sherbert" sound very 90s Indie Rock to me. I always got a sort of Pavement vibe but I see what you mean with Wilco as well.

The Downward Spiral. Trent can be as edgy as he wants but holy fuck, I almost don't believe that shit came out in '94.

I second this one.

Future of Rock hopefully

Basically all albums people say this about are because people are fucking retarded, in most cases they sound exactly like their time because they came from times when people were throwing anything at the wall and seeing if it stuck, rather than times like now where people were just combining their favorite artists into something that's already basically been done before

Their early stuff was just a shoddier version of what was going on all over Germany at the time

Couldn't possibly sound more like 1969, I mean yeah it sounds maybe a little '67-'68ish but it's a little too fully formed and it's too raucous for most of the early 70's where everything went electronic and progressive so 1969 is where it fits perfectly

i hope this is bait for this persons sake

u ok buddy

Maybe you're just retarded but actually look at these threads...there's two groups of people, there's the ones who claim an album doesn't sound like the year it was released because music couldn't have sounded like that back then (because they have so little knowledge of music they don't realize it sounds very much like that time period and music was doing crazier things in the underground years or decades earlier) and then there's the people who say things are amazing because they sound like modern music even though they were released decades ago, not realizing that actually says bad things about modern music for so blatantly sticking to stuff that had already been done ages ago

but youre the only one who sounds upset

Well, there's the other you guy you quoted in your post but I think upset is overselling it, more like embarrassed people like you post on this board, it's the sort of ignorance I'd expect in a youtube comment section praising Bowie for being ahead of his time or some shit

*tips fedora*