The Pod

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LFpqGeQY12M
youtube.com/watch?v=SkcrzGqt_XY
youtube.com/watch?v=nvvL6C-tj44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

MOMMY PLEASE

Listened to it for the first time today. Less accessible than Pure Guava but I still enjoyed lots of it. Dr Rock is god tier

I'd like to start off with a bashket of ships.

the only pod I respect \m/

youtube.com/watch?v=LFpqGeQY12M

Honestly it's more conventional in my opinion. Most of The Pod is more approachable. It isn't until you get to "Boing" that The Pod gets super fucking weird and inaccessible.

I still can't believe Pure Guava was released on a major label.

One thing that I love about Ween as a whole is how they reference older albums. For example the line in Pork Roll Egg and Cheese "when the guava is drained"

my favorite Ween album tbqh, Captain Fantasy is an amazing song. I'm always trying to figure out how they were so creative and covered so much ground when they were basically just 2 retarded dudes smoking weed. like, the percussion alone seems well beyond the drum machine they used.

Best Ween album.

Well, "guava" as a line goes back to their mixtape days. Even GodWeenSatan had the song "Licking the Palm for Guava" on it.

Their drum machine should have been labeled as an official member of the group. "Drum Machine Ween", maybe?

Absolutely an amazing album, especially when physically ill. Murky music for when your body is feeling murky.
I get what you're saying. I'm not sure if The Pod is less accessible, but I think it embodies the whole "brown" feels the most. The whole album has this muffled production, which really fits well with the title "The Pod." Gives a good feel of them being stoned in their dingy little apartment twanging their guitars in muttering voices. However, I don't really think Strap on That Jammy Pac, Molly, or Stallion Pt. 1 are the most accessible tracks. And yeah, the little "alternative" craze in the 90s was pretty funny. We got Ween on Elektra, and Mr. Bungle and Boredoms on Warner Bros..
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks those were nice touches.

It's so WEIRD and it's like a MEME album with an insufferable fanbase. Quebec is the best Ween album because it brings the FEELS!!!

I swear there's one of you each ween thread
A lot of ween humor is kinda unfunny/dated but I think it only very rarely affects the quality of the actual music (ex. The HIV song)

Disco Volante is easiest the craziest thing I can think of released on a major label, so yes. Mike Patton is such a sly fuck using his FNM connection to get his shitty joke metal band signed. And then they ended up making genuinely great music because of the budget they were given. Damn.

Back to Ween: The Pod has this whole undercurrent of being old school rock music that was slowed way the fuck down and recorded by a couple of silly white boys whose brains were chemically chewed up by the literal pounds of drugs they'd dumped into their systems. That's the weirdness of The Pod in a nutshell.

>The Pod has this whole undercurrent of being old school rock music that was slowed way the fuck down
Very good description, the pod feels like life going at 0.5x speed for a good portion

strap on that jammy pac

LAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

pure guava was released after the pod

Do you have guacamole?

Can you make me some guacamole?

I love guacamole

What did he mean by this?

he just wants some guacamole, man

One song I've never really dug was this album's version of "Awesome Sound".

But the live versions are sick.

youtube.com/watch?v=SkcrzGqt_XY

youtube.com/watch?v=nvvL6C-tj44

Can You Taste The Waste? sounds like Metallica. No metal band ive ever listened to but Metallica has sounded like Metallica. but it's out there

don't sweat it, mononucleosis, alone and right to the ways and the rules of the world are the greatest tracks, pure genius off mushrooms

Boing is easy.

I still don't get it

Carne ASSahdah

Compared to what exactly?

molly molly molly molly molly molly molly molly molly molly molly molly molly molly molly molly molly molly

Nothing. It simply is easy.

Pod is great but I like every song on it much much much more when it's performed live.

It really surprised me after only listening to The Mollusk and Quebec. Still haven't heard the whole thing, I really should give it another chance