Well?

What's the consensus on this chick and her band?

youtube.com/watch?v=79gUfA7CEnI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N4Qiv9Eeg6I&t=193s
youtube.com/watch?v=n6jAdTysjgk&t=99s
youtube.com/watch?v=Rm6ZtALw5KM
youtube.com/watch?v=XecDz-o-KnY
youtube.com/watch?v=kPx9z4JsVFo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

knockoff claire

Talented young band, works really hard, wish them the best.

Never heard of them, is there an album to check out?

youtube.com/watch?v=N4Qiv9Eeg6I&t=193s

youtube.com/watch?v=n6jAdTysjgk&t=99s

if its on kexp its shit

Thanks!

I agree that KEXP is mostly shit but every now and then a good song makes it through.

this band is really cool

You mean Grimes + boobs + a figure - musical talent?

Seriously, imo they ain't half bad. Although imo their vocals tend to be a bit weak and their songs a bit too directly derivative for my tastes (eg. listen to pic related here youtube.com/watch?v=Rm6ZtALw5KM and then listen to youtube.com/watch?v=XecDz-o-KnY ) Can't deny that their guitarist is LEGIT talented though (eg. see the latter half of youtube.com/watch?v=kPx9z4JsVFo )

She's much better looking than Grimes.

Not here for it-fuck NY "performing arts high school" bands. Honestly fuck most of the East Coast. Only Frankie Cosmos approaches Sunflower Bean-levels of indie fame nepotism. (Julia Cummings dad is in A&R and it's quite obvious what kind of money they come from)

Well I'm at it, fuck Bard college bands too. Anyone who goes to literally the most expensive liberal arts college in the country and then starts a band after graduation has gobs of money-not saying rich people don't get to play music, just saying they hog the steadily declining coverage this type of music is getting in most publications by virtue of being able to live/stay with relatives in one of the most expensive and taste-making cities in the world.

dollar-store grimes

>tfw talented enough to think about going to berklee conservatory
>tfw only want to go for use of an orchestra/other students to play my compositions
>find out that people usually form bands and either don't graduate or focus on said bands
>remember that am poor as fuck and would have to work study or die with debt
fucking hell, i just want to find maybe one person to collab with that gets my ideas and concepts and possibly be able to use an inhouse orchestra for recording in progress compositions, fuck growing up poor

>dollar store

i would flick her sunflower bean

wow she is hotter than grimes

I'm 100% sure you guys are just fucking with me.

seriously, it's shit like this that legit piss me the fuck off.

"Hey guys, let's fuck with the guys mental disorders. FUCKING HILARIOUS."

It's fucking cruel is what it is.

It's this shit that makes me hate all of you and want nothing to do with you.

1st time listening, bretty good desu

brb going to pleasure myself

i-is t-that claire?

calm down

stop disparagging grimes, ffs

Some pro-tips:
- The ONLY reason to attend a big name school like Berklee for composition is for the connections/to get people to play your shit. So no need to feel sorry about that.
- There's a general rule of thumb in the arts conservatory education world: Good students graduate on time. GREAT students either graduate late or not at all because they get too busy actually putting their skills to good use.
- As a rule, formal education in the arts is NOT worth going into serious debt for. So unless you are either a working professional musician already with a need/desire to hone your skills or you are insanely talented (and therefore a shoe-in for scholarships) STAY AWAY FROM ARTS SCHOOL because it is a total ripoff.
- My advice to you is to brush up your skills, audition for some schools (like Berkeley) and if you are good enough for them to offer you scholarships (meaning that you won't have to go into major debt) DO it. Otherwise don't. I repeat, formal arts education is NOT worth going into debt for.

t. Professional Classical Musician Who Got a Four-Year Music Performance Degree Without Debt via Scholarships and Who Would't Have Done It At All Without Them (Since It Wouldn't Have Been Worth It)

grimes is very feminine, while julia is somewhat masculine (could pass as man easily).

also she is 21 and already looks older than grimes