Official /turnleft/ Drivin' for Lineman 200 @ Gateway Motorsports Park Trucks Thread

Way too early thread but qualifying is on FS1 right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iz4_34focyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice. Fuck ARCA.

So what's the deal with gms? They just came outta nowhere with fast trucks and now they're even in Xfinity. Whose money?

They built a good ARCA team, ran some trucks, moved the main team to trucks, and now xfinity, following Spencer as he goes.
His father is the CEO of Allegiant.

PINTY'S
I
N
T
Y
'
STREAM IS UP:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iz4_34focyY

I miss JWT

Briscoe was effing robbed last week

they made that "time stamp" shit up to cover for that third tier officiating crew last week
Plain and simple

Pinty's ® makes good food so easy

when is eldora?

July 19

>tfw we will never see this for the first time again

Anyone know what the NASCAR scene is like in Nashville? My company is transferring me there in August.

How soon do you think GMS moves to Cup?

What a pathetic r9k fight

I doubt they will. That's a massive jump.

Stage 1: 35 laps
Stage 2: 35 laps
Stage 3: 90 laps

I hate memechek

>only 30 trucks
>6 start and park
>not even 10 competitive trucks in field

this sucks desu

According to RuRa NASCAR is in panic mode trying to figure out a solution to the Truck counts.

They damn well better turn to Cup because we have the smallest field in a long time this weekend and may have 35 cars by July.

one could write and entire book on the complicated relationship between Nascar and Nashville. There are a lot of racing fans but Nascar avoids the town like the plauge. Expect to find the best action either at the fairgrounds speedway or another local track out in the sticks.

Is it time for team spending limits?
Like salary caps in the NFL?

>Jennifer Jo another start and park

I would feel bad for her if she weren't so obnoxious

it's painful watching this sport slowly die and have everyone in charge either not care or are too scared to question france, or he just ignores them

If NASCAR could attract Honda, even in just a lower series like trucks to start, it would go a long way to fixing their problems.

well the "hometown" boys are the Waltrips and the Marlins. Mikey actually got his start at fairgrounds speedway. The Marlins are from Columbia. The Waltrips live in Fraklin (though they grew up in Owensborough, KY)

My source: I went to auto college in Nashville and raced at Highland rim speedway for a few years (where Casey Atwood got his start if you remember him).

They need to do something to increase competition. Either make it a full spec series or spending limits or something. Tho I will admit I believe cup is more competitive then it's been in over 20 years, but it's becoming a front runner carbabby series like f1.

>Honda
>pick up trucks
user pls

Ridgeline

But he's a funnier character then we've ever had

Shows the brand recognition
I had no clue

Do you have a vagina?

I feel bad it looks like this track has really tried to attract cup but has utterly failed at it. I guess niggers don't watch racing after all.

Thanks SMI
Thanks ISC

I could see some interest from Honda too, especially since they're the only popular US make not represented. Well unless you consider Dodge popular these days.

It's all been downhill for St. Louis ever since they won the Super Bowl.

It has nothing to do with spending limits and everything to do with the fact that they cornered themselves in with the splitter. Smaller teams literally cannot compete with cup affiliated teams who have the money to put the trucks on 7post shakers and or run simulations to have the cars at the perfect splitter height no matter where they are.

They need to suck it up and remove them at least on the trucks to see how the racing improves or doesnt improve. Cup affiliated teams are going to get the data and computer time from their big brothers always and the smaller teams still won't be able to get the splitter height right compared to the big teams despite the spending limit.

Second step would be all 3 series getting rid of the splitter. Third cut down the rear quarter panels on all 3 series to stop the sideforce. It would fix Michigan, they wouldn't be holding 190 mid corner.

Didn't Volkswagen almost join NASCAR at some point?

It'd be Nissan if anyone, but prolly not with current state. Honda wouldn't for a lot of reasons.

I would be happy if both Nissan came and and Dodge came back
a five manufacturer series would be fun

I like this track but this race is pretty shitty. Tons of terrible cars and a few good ones that can barely pass.

Yes but that was when NO FURRINERS ALLOWED was still law of the land. When Toyota became #1 worldwide and had lots of factories in the states they really couldn't say no anymore. Especially with dodge and ford struggling so much at the time.

>Make the truck series a spec series
>Decrease cost to operate and increase purses (this is why KHI bailed and Kryle is only hiring paydrivers)
>stop cup doubleheader events unless it's at Daytona or something
>road courses, road america has had two great finishes in short time
>go back to racing at those rinky dink short tracks they used to run in the late 90's

How to fix the truck series.

Fuck that I want to see Hudson and MG

nah j/k pentastar 4 lyfe

I'd be all for any interest honestly. It's hard with just 3 manufacturers. Dodge leaving really hurt.

Hyundai, Dodge, Nissan, VW, whoever. Come bring some money to our sport plz.

G'damn....been watching lemans all day and missed most of both turnleft races today.

they're all banging down the doors to bring money to a sport with an aging fanbase, lousy attendance, freefalling ratings, and a very incompetent front office

it's not happening

Money shift

>reminder SMI is who killed the Rock and North Wilksboro
>reminder ISC killed Nazareth and Pikes Peak

Being addicted to a sport controlled by oligarchs is an exercise in agony.

Damn Crafton kicked his ass on pit stops

>Hyundai
>Nissan

one of the most famous moments in the entire sport is "the pass in the grass". When Joonya tried it right after they introduced splitters he destroyed his car and damn near died. They need to come up with something better then ground effect on steroids.

cawshun lol

This is a bretty comfy track. Modern facilities with a local short track feel.

A shame it's in St. Louis.

>Field filler causes meme caution

Looking forward to how much of a shitshow this finish is after an insanely clean race.

I wish more of them would have the same feel. Most of them look like shit.

>it's a meme caution ends the race episode

Fuck....

Holy shit!

Briscoe mighta got him if Bell gave him more room

Memechek wins!

One....more....lap.....

>Briscoe backing way off so Bell didn't wreck because he's his friend

Good Guy move but it probably cost him a shot at Nemechek.

Briscoe was like 2 secs back with 4 to go. And was there.

>The reckless carbabby memes his way to a win

I hate this episode

>Nemechek needs a sponsor to finish the season

JUST: The Series

It'd help if he wasn't a massive faggot.

That shit he pulled in Canada was just inexcusable.

as he cries like a little bitch in victory lane

after his behavior last year what company would put their name on his truck? Even Krut has to be sponsored by Haas because no mainstream sponsors want to touch him.

>He's going to be a cup champion
No Joe, no.

I think Gene Haas wants to be one of the primaries on that car. And the other primary is the Series sponsor....so.....yea your argument is invalid.