Who else fondly remembers the Writer's Strike era of Conan?

Who else fondly remembers the Writer's Strike era of Conan?

I'm re-watching it right now and it's just so good. Conan had only his pure comedic instincts to rely on, and the show felt a lot more spontaneous and fun because of it.

I really miss Late Night.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QD3u8f_hchU
youtube.com/watch?v=sBxklo-vvAY
videobash.com/video_show/late-night-bread-expert-professor-steven-kaplan-661947
youtube.com/watch?v=eVg-kawlTXg
youtu.be/JzzP3NvS3cY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where are you rewatching it?

i'd like to see it as well-

Took me forever to find it, but MySpleen has all of the writer's strike eps.

If you really want it, I can send you an invite. Post your email.

doxxed

Just sent it.

>tfw golden age of conan is dead forever

His lack of chemistry with Max Weinberg was one of the best running jokes ever.

my god, all this conan.

You're the best.

youtu.be/QD3u8f_hchU

memba this?

>That episode where everyone gets rockband

[email protected]

Holy shit, this is hilarious.

Is there more writer's strike stuff?

God damn I miss max

I also miss stuff like pic related and "iiin the year 2000.." I used to watch Conan all the damn time as a kid. Still a fan but I miss the old stuff

Conan is still a god tier improv comedian.

His remotes are still some of the funniest things on tv. I wish he would stop doing that shitty late night show he's on now and do a full time travel show.

>"H isn't a number".
>"YOU'RE NOT A NUMBER"!

Yeah, stuff like the Texas Ranger lever were great. It's sort of genius really, because all he's doing is showing clips of another show, but it was hilarious.

That
fucking
leaver.

Everytime he had that thing I was giggling just waiting for him to pull it.
The best ones was when they played the clip of Walker punching a guy caught in a bear trap, and the one where he punched a lady driving a car after jumping out of a plane.

walker told me i have aids

>s&m Lincoln

Those episodes were so great.

How are you watching them?

FUCKING THIS

Him driving around with ice cube and kevin hart are great.

sent ;)

one of the most surreal things is still remembering a skit (I think it was fake tv channels) where they show trump saying "you're fired" and the trumps multiply to a seemingly infinite number of trumps saying

you're fired you're fired you're fired you're fired you're fired you're fired you're fired you're fired you're fired you're fired you're fired you're fired

and realizing he's the president elect now.

if anyone has a link to the skit you're god

youtube.com/watch?v=sBxklo-vvAY

>I really miss Late Night.
I know that feel. Late Night in that small studio was comfy as fuck.

I started watching these a few weeks ago, and then slowed down because I want to savor them. Such a warm feeling, actual comic invention, vulnerability.

>Pierre Bernard probably browses Sup Forums

[email protected]

>Its a coil flip game episode

[email protected]

did you just download the 2008 episodes torrent, I'm on there right now and can't find writers strike era specifically

send me an invite please?

[email protected]

Nope, the 2008 one is a dud. Just put "writer's strike" into the search and it'll show up immediately.

who was his best writer and why was it Brian McCann?

thanks a bunch

>every segment is a remote with Conan improving with unsuspecting civilians

GOAT

pls send

[email protected]

OP here with some breaking news:

I'm attempting to upload every Writer's Strike episode onto MEGA.

This will take hours, but because these episodes are impossible to find anywhere else (I'm running out of tracker invites), I'm going to try my best to share the memories with all of you.

Keep this thread alive for as long as you can.

u got it pal

Godspeed son.

WRITERS STRIKE ENGAGE

IMPROV MISSILES ON COURSE

Do it!

The best bit he did was one that I am unable to find: he took control of all of the cameras and just started fucking with everything. Glorious.

user you are a godsend

Who remembers his interview with the bread expert?

videobash.com/video_show/late-night-bread-expert-professor-steven-kaplan-661947

I think this is my most watched Conan clip of all time. It's just perfect.

thanks user

pls send to [email protected]

this one is absolutly brillant. I also love the one with that actor from justified

Conan is such a comfy watch. Not gonna make you waste any more of your trackers but I will float around until the mega drops.

Cheers for the effort, pal. Appreciated.

just thinking about this yesterday. STAY OUT OF MY MIND MEME MAGICIAN!

Wasn't their gay strike the reason that reality shows became so big?

CAPTAIN WALKER!!!!!!

>WELL WELL WELL. WHAT HAVE WE HERE?!
>..................................................................coke

>Conan
bye rddit

don't see how that would be the case since reality shows are scripted as fuck

never saw this one. excellent. reminds me of when he had the beer guy michael jackson on.

youtube.com/watch?v=eVg-kawlTXg

NBC are a bunch of savage fuckers. After Conan left, they scrubbed his existence off the face of the internet. Sure, you can find clips on YouTube, but 95% of it is just gone forever.

It was the single greatest stretch or programming in the history of Late Night television, to be honest. I kind of wish Conan would just fire his writers and wing it. He's much stronger that way.

OP here. Upload is on 30% now. We're gonna make it boys.

Keep cool my babies.

god i want to bang lucy liu

don't we all

itt: people who recognize comedy gold.
The beard era was brilliance.

im thankful for you user

He's 50 times funnier without his faggot, California writers.

I know what I'm thankful for. Sup Forums reviving writer's strike Conan episodes

My only real memory of the writers strike was the office season 4, and remembering that Colbert was a little funnier

already have a myspleen account, going to download this to. Thanks for the find, OP. Glad to get to laugh in my heart with you all this thanksgiving

>[email protected]

Cool address bro!

Damn, who knew people could be funny without having their scripts filtered through an army of homosexual jews?

Holy shit that was hilarious.

>jaquescostco

Is that a play on Jean Cocteau or Jacques Tati?

The writers strike episodes are some of the best television I've ever witnessed.The whole feud between Late Night / Daily Show / Colbert was excellent.

I thought Conan's Tonight Show was great too. He really got gimped when he couldn't fall back on all of the sketches he had developed over the years for the Basic Cable show.

The 80's writers strike with Letterman was better.

>rewatching late night

kill yourself

>2008

Where does the fucking time go.

Jordan Schlansky is /ourguy/ and the best part of Conan

I remember feeling shocked when Conan showed up with the beard after years of making jokes about how he couldn't grow one. I felt lied to.

Goddamn that was a nice beard.

>CONAN'S GAY!!!!

>tfw miss the comfy '00s

Do you think NBC ever regretted firing him?

Probably.

The first thing Comcast did after acquiring NBC from General Electric was fire Jeff Zucker and Dick Ebersol, the two top NBC exec who fired Conan.

nigga, if you don't know who that references, you are seriously seriously in need of help.

That had less to do with Conan and more that Zucker was a retard who fucked up all of NBC's late night programming, among other things.

Zucker has since moved on to CNN, where he has proceeded to learn nothing from his mistakes.

youtu.be/JzzP3NvS3cY

CNN probably will get shutdown if Trump has his way.

He can use FCC to put pressure on Time Warner until they reorganize the CNN unit.

I'm still pissed about NBC purging the internet of every Conan clip they could after they fired him. There used to be so much old Late Night stuff out there. All gone now, vanished into the ether.

>when they built that shitty cardboard maze to waste time and fill the timeslot

>constant jumping between stage and edit room

>that fucking thing with the zipline

It was like watching the real life version of that episode where Krusty is making his own show in that shitty little shack, it was great

holy shit

>He's 50 times funnier without his faggot, California writers.
>reminiscing about the time he was without his New York writers

>there will never EVER be another clueless gamer segment with just him and Bleyaert

the celebrity guests just aren't funny

Bumping for the sake of comedy.

this. please don't fail us OP.

>tfw I had a myspleen acccount but forgot the username and pass

It's at 65% now. Keep the hope alive.

By the way, it's a 10gb file consisting of 28 episodes. MEGA seems to have good download speeds, so chances are you'll all be able to get comfy and check 'em out tonight if you stay up late.

Don't have my laptop for another 2 weeks so will miss out on this glorious torrent. Feels bad boys

Mega links usually last a long time now.

Just save the link.

I remember the Daily Show from that period being some of the worst television I've ever seen.

Conan's ad-libbing consists of lightening fast responses.

Jon's improv consisted of doing an old upset Jewish man voice. It's not hard to see why he sucked without writers.

late to the party here. not op but I am going to upload some shit to mega to keep this thread going while I patiently wait for op. something coming soon. cheers.

[email protected]
Thank you, bru