Opinion of High School Wrestling?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lpSQlP38jhY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's gay

It's the best character building there is. It should be mandatory for all physically able kids. I wish wrestling was big in Canada like it is in the US.

This. I wish international wrestling was as popular in the US as it is in like Iran and Russia. Some truly amazing stories emerge from the sport. We may be getting ready to witness the greatest rivalry of all time between Sadulaev and Snyder yet nobody here has even heard of Sadulaev. I wish more people would get invested. I blame flowrestling.

Yeah the u.s. wrestling lobby really fucked up when they let man drama make a mockery of one of the most ancient and proudest sports.

It's not bad. Back in HS I was only the second heavyweight on the team (200+ class), and I ended up going against guys outweighing me by 70+ pounds. That was a hell of a learning experience, becoming able to use leverage, weight, momentum, and force against such bigger opponents. It's a solid option if you're not one for the bigger sports.

captcha: fund yourplace

They don't translate to submission fighting. Give up arms too easily.

It does, though. Wrestlers will learn to protect their arms and neck. Wrestlers will pick up submission grappling a lot faster than somebody with no grappling experience at all. A lot of grappling is the same, it's just different rule sets it's practiced under. Judo, BJJ, wrestling, sambo, submission wrestling, it's the same shit only under different rules.

>flowrestling
What's wrong with them? Seems like a good news site

is ringworm a sport?

Is fucking up your ears a sport?

gay

Gay

Totally not gay at all

youtube.com/watch?v=lpSQlP38jhY

give a d1 wrestler 6 months of training in the gi and they will be a complete terror for anyone

>Totally not gay at all
>Gay
>gay
>it's gay
Agreed with you all, but while we're here let's take a moment to acknowledge and laugh at this degeneracy.
See: filename and pic

In another timeline this mental case was disqualified for doping with testosterone.

I wrestled in high school. Only popped theee boners on the mat. Not bad.

No but putting my worm in your mom's ring is.