In the inevitable remake, will they make Harry/Hermione canon?

In the inevitable remake, will they make Harry/Hermione canon?

Also Harry Potter thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/book/Harry-Potter/?&srt=4&lan=1&r=10&len=100
fanfiction.net/s/6207715)
fanfiction.net/s/5782108)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, in 10 years when Radcliffe and Watson refuse to do sequels, they will reboot the series for television, and Rowling will retcon everything she didn't like. Harry and Hermoine will be canon, and there will be a butt sex scene with Dumbledor

There is nothing wrong with that comment.

dull

Who cares? A zillion fanfiction stories are better than the movies already.
>B-but muh Dark'Ness Dementia Raven Way!
Contrary to the stereotype, not all fanfiction stories are utter shit. Many are only half-shit and half-gem, while a few are pure gem.

If they go with a hetero pairing, it should be Dramione. It's the most popular het pairing in the fandom.

what sort of a jackass unironically reads fanfiction of any kind?

I would fuck Daniel Radcliffe, tbqh

>10 years
In 10 years time assuming China hasn't won the west no one will remember the one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>>>tumblr
>>>/deviantart/

It would be very hard for Rowling to make the series any worse by tinkering with the established canon considering that Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Every fucking time.

>tfw all the fights in Fantastic Beasts looked like something written by a fanfiction writer who didn't understand duels
>Generic force spell! Generic force spell! Generic force spell! Oh, let's throw in some random lightning spell! Generic force spell!
>The movies pull this pathetic shit when all the good fanfiction writers have wizards coming up with their own high-speed, hard-to-block "spell chains"

What sort of a cretin passes up free literature? FanFiction.net contains literally 7500 stories of at least 100k words--and not all of them are bad. fanfiction.net/book/Harry-Potter/?&srt=4&lan=1&r=10&len=100

>implying I care about Harry/Tom and Bellatrix/Hermione slashfic

>fan fiction
>literature

oh god

>I read fanfic
>>>tumblr
>>>/deviantart/

If such epics as In the Blood (fanfiction.net/s/6207715) and Methods of Rationality (fanfiction.net/s/5782108) don't deserve to be called literature, I don't know what does.

Yes, HPMoR is blatant propaganda--but so are Atlas Shrugged and The Jungle, and people call those stories "literature".

TV series. 1 season per book. They don't have to cut shit from the books for brevity. They can fully flesh out the ginny/Harry romance. better actors. This is what I want.

You now realize that Sup Forums is full of 16yo who like Harry Potter and regard it with nostalgia

People who were Potter fans growing up are now in their twenties.

>people call those stories "literature"

Only idiots

And "The Jungle" was only popular because people thought it was a real story not because it was well written. It turned out it was just as real as "The Blair Witch Project", but back then without the internet it was hard to discredit.

>And "The Jungle" was only popular because people thought it was a real story not because it was well written.
Really? I've read it three times, myself--I think it's quite enthralling.

He looks so pure and small. I would fuck him until he couldn't walk for a week, desu.

>16
>based retard cannot into maths

Well done mate.

I love how (You) adapt it every time

I'm 31 and I love the books.

remove yourself from my plane of existence

they are 18 now

hopefully

they shouldve been together

tell your parents i'm sorry

>I don't know what does
real, published works that also dont suck

you fucking worthless sack of garbage

Why in the hell is Clifford for President ranked higher than Catch 22? Why is Atlas Shrugged considered to be better than Brave New World or 1984. And anything Hemingway not being God tier? Your list sucks balls

Nah I'm good. I'm actually enjoying how butthurt you are because people like something you don't like.

Honestly, I'm surprised a reboot hasn't already been announced.

m8 I started reading Harry Potter when I was 9 and I'm 25 now.

Why the fuck am I still on Sup Forums

Might as well, it would be the second adaptation, so we don't need to be faithful the second go around. So change shit, anyone who cares already has their version to watch.

This is the only answer. They could also finally adapt the last books too and focus and develop Dumbledore and Voldemort. I mean 8 movies and they could not develop those characters. A fucking disgrace.

If we are honest though if they where to make a series it would sadly be a teen drama about school life and be equally lousy as an adaptation... WB has the rights so we are fucked.

Maybe the BBC or STARZ could actually pull off a decent adaptation if they had a chance though...

no harry/hermione is ideal

True mark of someone who valued movies over books.

Ron and Hermione actually work way better in the books, movies just make Hermione have no flaws (and give her all of Ron's major feats) and remove like 30% of Harry's angst.

from what i remember (from reading the books) hermione still had better compatibility with harry. that being said all the harry angst i remember is him being pissed off at cho for crying all the time and his relationship with ginny started from there. ron shouldve just fucked off.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with reading the rare decent fanfiction that exists but it can hardly be called literature.

I prefer ginny/harry. But more power to ya.

I can see this. Give it a 10 Episode per season HBO run, hell they still have most of the set pieces from the old HP. Just update them a little.

They can even add the loads of shit they cut out of the later books.

Not sure how they'd make Philosophers Stone 10 episodes though.

Ron complimented Hermione really well (her flaws were his strengths). He was basically the soul of the group, they didn't function well without him.

And if that's all the angst you remember... that's barely a drop in the Harry angst bucket.

Yeah because book Ginny is supposed to attractive where Hermione is supposed to be plain with big teeth.

In the movies Ginny was ugly and Hermione was attractive.

Just make one prequel episode halfway through the season, no real information revealed but just showing the terror that existed during the time before Voldemort's reign.

9 episodes works.

>2015+1
>still no cartoon

Hurry up and acquire warner, disney.

fuck off you HBO game of thrones faggot. Also dan and emma will come back for sequels as long as the director is good, they will throw money at them in 5-10 years

No I'm 25

>now
It was pretty clear before

Friendship, you remember friendship. They never flirt with each other. There is never sexual tension of any kind between them.

That doesn't mean she had to end up with Ron though since that's not how romance works unless they suffer from alienation.

yeah fair enough you seem more well versed. I'd read the books again but effort

Early movies ginny was cute, like she was supposed to be. She just didn't turn out like she did in the books later on. They needed a petite ginger with freckles and a pretty face.

I don't recall any sexual tension between Ron and Hermione either though. You're right though Hermione could've ended up with either of them but I reckon Harry and Hermione (based on their character arcs) had better chemistry.

Read the books again man.

The sexual tension fucking starts in book 4.

will do

What about using Draco to add a cuckold impregnation angle to H/H?

>The sexual tension fucking starts in book 4.
any examples? read all books and dont remember anything regarding sexual tension

In the sense of being children books, yeah. I mean, it's not like we get full blown angry masturbation or something.

Ron got super jealous of Krum in the 4th book for asking out Hermione (breaking the Krum figurine he got at the World Cup in anger) and the two had a shouting match that really touched on it (both embarrassed, ask me out first last time instead of as a last resort, etc.).

Their relationship changes in book 4.

>Ron got super jealous of Krum in the 4th book for asking out Hermione (breaking the Krum figurine he got at the World Cup in anger) and the two had a shouting match that really touched on it (both embarrassed, ask me out first last time instead of as a last resort, etc.).
ah i recall, you are right, thank you :)

>Dramione.

Teenaged girls are retarded.

They honestly think that a girl can fuck the racism out a a guy. Dramione is the analogous to a black chick having an affair with the son of her county's grand wizard of the Klan who already has his own set of robes and everything and chicks eat that shit up.

>Oh, he may have spent six books calling her a worthless nigger, but deep inside, he really wants to fuck her. *swoon*

They're fucking retarded.

>Generic force spell! Generic force spell!

Every fight in the first set was two dudes taking turns trying to cast a knock out spell and a murder spell. The shit was never super complicated. Fanfiction actually had plenty of examples of better duels before Rowling managed to ask someone else to teach her how to write a fight, which I assume she did at some point.

>True mark of someone who valued movies over books.

In the books Ron was still a dipshit. Honestly Hermione deserved better. But Harry wasn't that better. He barely even noticed she was around for 6 books and then it was only because she was suddenly a huge pain in his ass.

No, it's just girls gravitating towards the "cool bad guy" (who is cool because he is bad) self-inserting as Hermione.

>No, it's just girls gravitating towards...

being fucking retarded.

The first two books are one season. Find some way to link them with a complete story arch, and episode 6 includes the second half of the last chapter of book 1 and the beginning of book 2.

harry and little weasly girl made sense if you read the books because harry was marrying into the big loving faily he always wanted
shame it was such an asspull tho

Both Harry and Hermione only ever hung out because they both wanted something from Ron. Harry wanted Ron's family and Hermione wanted his goofy knob. Everyone eventually got what they wanted.

Harry was a dipshit too.

Ron did a lot of dumb shit because he had huge insecurity issues... but take a look back again at the books. Every time Hermione was insulted for in danger, Ron was the one who would leap into action. Harry obviously would too... but Ron was the one who always stepped up for her honor.

It's why she was so devastated when he made fun of her or they weren't speaking.

Hermione wasn't that great in the books either. She had very few social skills (she got better with time, but she still was often insufferable and an absolute perfectionist).

I only enter HP threads for this copypasta.

Hell, I've done some of those threads myself just to see this posted.

woman detected

>Every time Hermione was insulted for in danger

Unless he was the one insulting her.

Hermione was a buck toothed shut in. She bullied her way into the only friendship she'd ever know. She still probably would have been better off picking a different dude to fixate on in her first year.

Ron took advantage of her and belittled her goals and shit for 7 books. Don't get me wrong, so did Harry. If you break it down, they were all kind of miserable people but they managed to stumble into something that worked, I guess, relationship-wise.

None of the other ships were worth talking about. Luna was legit bonkers. Draco was a piss pants little racist and Lavender frigging died. lol.

H/Hr might have boned once or twice in the tent, but Harry never really gave much of a shit about her. Did he?

Your life must be so fulfilling

>Your life must be so fulfilling

I'm not him, but what we each get out of this place isn't anything to be proud of. I don't know what you've been sending out there, but I just told some guy to eat a dick over some comic book bullshit.

We're all fallen. Do not be so eager to pass judgement.

>remake
It will never happen

>i'm a wizard harry

>It will never happen

I beg to differ

Not him but I didn do nuthin to nobody.

I'm just here for cheap laughs.

>Not him but I didn do nuthin to nobody.

I'm not him but I once shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

Not him but I don't know why I came here tonight. I got the feeling that something ain't right.

Not him, I'm just a poor boy from a poor family.

What's the best HarryHermione fic

her and Ron never made any sense, and neither did Ginny and Harry

I think Rowling literally just did it to subvert the obvious Harry x Hermione outcome

More like Dumblebackdoor

I like Harry and Hermione just being wizard bros.

I did not like Harry / Ginny in the movies, really felt like their relationship was very weak and poorly developed and had zero chemistry. It was done better in the books. I also wish older Ginny turned out cuter but I guess that's a bit difficult to predict when you are casting the characters seven years ahead of time

The Dumbledore v Voldemort fight in the book was interesting. Dumbledore animated the giant golden statues to take killing curses for him, because the killing curse can't be blocked by spells.

>not him starts playing