They just put his jaw on a goblin what the fuck man

The theatre was holding in laughter the whole time jesus fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ht0GxBFUvNo
youtube.com/watch?v=5hJ01jEdyeQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you meant jew right, fucking autocorrect

Oy Vey

How can cgi characters get worse as tech progresses?

Yes goblins have big kike noses, good job, thank you, run along now.

I couldn't pay attention to what was being said i was so distracted by the effect here. I held up my hand to cover the upper portions of his head and just imagined they slapped Ron's head on a tiny body

I should have laughed at the image i conjured but i was too dumbstruck

You should have succumbed to your base urge to laugh at this scene, just as you should have succumbed to your base urge to laugh at your stupidity. After all, you paid money to watch a film based on a new novel from the author of one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

They dont.

You know its not real, which makes you think its bad CGI.

Now go look at pic related.

because at some point someone made the amazing discovery that normies are blind to cgi quality
so say good bye to animatronics getting better or ever going back to them
say good bye to cgi ever being better
the majority rules when it comes to these things
and the majority is pretty stupid
one of the traits stupid people have, all of them, is their lack of attention to details
they literally cannot see details
that is basically the biggest problem with stupid people
well they also cannot problem solve or they do it so slowly that by the time they solve the problem everyone has left the room

What did Yates mean by this?

he meant goblins like gold ha ha

youtube.com/watch?v=Ht0GxBFUvNo

I had the oompa loompa song in my head while watching that

How the fuck do they get away with this?

I don't get it, why was the goblin animated? The midgets in costumes looked fine.

> The midgets in costumes
What costumes? Those are just the producers user

lol

>The theatre was holding in laughter the whole time jesus fuck
are extreme projections like this a symptom of autism?

>Great Gatsby
>God-Tier

Sensible kek

I see where you'd get that notion but i'm not exaggerating, the chuckles cut off sharply halfway would have been incredibly annoying if i hadn't been so fucking befuddled by the image on the screen.

I don't know if they were laughing because he looked silly or maybe he was saying something funny but people were (poorly) containing some degree of mirth

is warwick a cunt lads?

No
'e's lil monkey fella

I hate how special effects have been getting worse instead of better.

righ'

it looks worse than the goblin from the deathly hollows

Kek

i really like the way you write user
i feel you

its not based on a new novel

Did anyone else think this film was just alright? The creature stuff was pretty great, but they wasted so much time on weird exposition choices and none on places where it would have mattered.

>anti-magical religious fanatics
>newspaper mogul's son who correctly calls out witches/wizards to his dad
>american wizard school that gets a single name drop
>previous love interest
>american magical history

The list goes on. Honestly, I think they should have spent more time exploring the background of any of these instead of trying to force explanations about what "NoMajs" or "MACUSA" stood for when they could have just used them in dialogue and let context do the job.

I thought it looked good. CGI has progressed extremely fast. We are almost at the point of replacing actors

Thats not cgi. a little post production digital touch-ups but mostly makeup

I thought it was pretty good as a film to set up other films, but if you told me that this film would never see any continuation of any kind in any media I'd rate it much lower

Not sure what was real and what was animated in the last of the Harry Potter series since they took saturation and lighting advice from Snyder.

It doesn't get "worse", if anything it gets better. But as it gets less expensive to use over traditional effects (ie, as little cgi as possible) directors (or who ever controls the movie and decides the budget) get lazy and depend on the cgi to immerse the audience.

This is a perfect example of solid traditional effects. They depended on good makeup and lighting to produce a realistic looking "goblin", and any cgi used would have been added at the end to touch up inconsistencies.

Some long hook nosed ugly human like beings really really like gold and jewels.

Who is it?

Pacing was all over the place. Say what you will about Harry Potter but from the second book onward (excepting perhaps 5) there was an immediate threat or mystery presented fairly early on in the story that acted as motivation for the heroes to do the things they were doing.

In this movie that is the magical beasts being let loose but because we don't really know what any of them are until they're encountered and never really get to see any of them do anything dangerous there never seems to be a real threat or urgency to the actions.

You could maybe try and argue that Chuckles going on a muggle murder spree was the main threat but the main characters didn't know about that until quite late in the movie so that can't really be used in the same way that the Chamber of Secrets, Sirius escaping, etc... can be used to motivate the characters and inspire dread or suspense in the audience.

I'm surprised they actually killed Erza Miller.

I feel like they moved on from it a bit too quickly as well.

the guy that was hellboy

I wish I went to a theater where people were aware of how silly movies are these days

Kek

>"Wizards are freaks!"
>"Wizards are dangerous!"

Wait, are these guys the antagonist? Because they're absolutely right.

Wizards destroyed half of NYC like 5 seconds ago, and I'm supposed to hate the guys who call them out on their shit?

Movie was a fucking mess

>Catch-22
>One Hundred Years of Solitude
>Low Tier
The fact that you had to read a book for your lit class doesn't make it low tier

Looks familiar

youtube.com/watch?v=5hJ01jEdyeQ

>Catch-22
>A quirky rip-off of the Good Soldier Svejk

pick two

yeah that entire scene is aweful.

the CGI Bill Connolly ruined the movie (among other things)

It's a shame that JK Rowling has pretty much gone full SJW and you can see it seep out into everything. She should stick to simple kids stories.

That said I still liked the movie for its setting and being somewhat comfy.

I like that scene, the synchronicity of the elves and dwarf armies is pretty good

HOLY. SHIT.

I'd heard these movies were awful, but what in the flying fuck was that!?!

Why the fuck did the elves jump over a strong dwarf shield+pike wall....

FUCK.

I thought it was better than the Harry Potter movies

The only shit I didn't like was the campy characters and scenes

Magic was way fucking better than the sparks in the rest of the franchise.

The shit FELT unstable and powerful

her politics have always been a part of it id say. i mean the central conflict of the world is interracial marriage

>It doesn't get "worse", if anything it gets better.
have you even seen the Hobbit? This is what Smaug looks like I'm not fucking joking.

CGI = shit

Same here. I left the theater so completely disappointed and my friend couldn't understand why. They throw a ton of shit at you, none of which even matters, and suddenly you get some semblance of a plot during the last 30 or so minutes.

Newt saw a tiny wisp of him left at the end though, and it was confirmed by the producers that he did survive. Expect to see discount Kylo Ren in the sequels.

'I can teach you to control it'
'........... maybe I don't want to!'

Bravo.

y-yeah ((goblins))

Which doom game is this?