Grandma says her father has a grave in Monte Cassino

>grandma says her father has a grave in Monte Cassino
>finally go there a month ago, go to the Polish cemetery, can't find the surname
>gf says to go to the other ones
>find my great grandfather at the German cemetery
I have no face.

Grandmother why did you trick me so cruel.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iab33qfDW-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Top kek! Have something that will cheer you up. ;)
youtube.com/watch?v=Iab33qfDW-g

1/8th kraut scum will you kys now

It's not making me feel better in any way, I still feel confused inside.

haha!

I have a strong dislike towards Germans, their mindset, way of settling things and culture(maybe with the exception of Bavaria) thus I don't feel well lately.

Well as long as you realize how shit they are maybe you can avoid it and stay a nice pole

Be glad OP, at least your grandpa sided with good guys

I was previously joking, but this surely will cheer you up:
>“I was taught to ascribe the origin of my blood and name to Polish noblemen who were called Niëtzky and left their home and nobleness about a hundred years ago, finally yielding to unbearable suppression: they were Protestants."
- Nachlass, Sommer 1882 21 [2]

>"my ancestors were Polish noblemen, even my grandfather's mother was Polish"
- letter to Heinrich von Stein, December 1882

>"My ancestors were Polish noblemen (Niëzky); it seems that the type is well preserved in spite of three German "mothers"
- letter to Georg Brandes, 10 April 1888

>"I thank Heaven, that in all of my instincts I am a Pole and nobody else."
- letter to Meta von Salis, 29 December 1888

>"And yet my ancestors were Polish noblemen: it is owing to them that I have so much race instinct in my blood, who knows? perhaps even the liberum veto."
- Ecce homo, chapter 3 (Warum ich so weise bin)

>"I am enough Polish, to give away all the music of the world just in exchange for Chopin."
- Ecce homo, chapter 4 (Warum ich so klug bin)

>"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood.”
- Nietzsche Contra Democracy by Fredrick Appel, page 114

>“Germany is a great nation only because its people have so much Polish blood in their veins. [...]
>”I am proud of my Polish descent."
- The Philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche by H. L. Mencken, page 6

Not really, edgy side maybe.

Does it make you feel any better that he was on the side that didn't bomb the Monte Cassino abbey?

at least you know where your family is from mate

I knew where I'm from but I didn't fully know who were those people, bummer.

No, it's all ogre. My family composition is a huge mix and I'm a even bigger mutt than I though.

REICH'D
E
I
C
H
'
D

You're German now too. Just accept it. Germans are among the best people in the world.

The region where my family is from was occupied by Prussia and the majority here were locals and Poles. They were often forced into wermacht.

>My family composition is a huge mix and I'm a even bigger mutt than I though.
Wait, so he was actually German? Or just a Pole serving in the German army?

I am a proud middle class citizen of Polen. It's just my family tree is a bit screwed up.

>They were often forced into wermacht.

That's what they claimed afterwards. Not obly the Poles, even the Germans too. "We didn't have any other choice than ro follow"... Whatever helps you sleep at night.

He was local, he spoke german and a local version of Polish, had a small brewery that later on russians disassembled and took away with them.

I knew my ancestors fought under Grunwald on the Teuton side but I also knew that later on they were persecuted by prussians because of aligning with Poland.

History is a bitch.

Relax, mate. I was joking. Nationality is a relatively modern concept. Germans and poles are more similar than you might think. In the end, it doesn't even matter. We're all human [spoiler]except for gypsies[/spoiler].

I shouldn't care since I'm local but with mixed french, jewish, lithuanian, polish and now german blood. But having a ancestor in wermacht really made me confused.

I thank you spendbro

and muslims

I've tried so hard and get so far
In the end, it doesn't even matter

follow your leader and get analy impaled by Romans

>found out a couple months ago one of my great-grandfathers was a Spaniard
I know this feel

sorry senpai looks like your nan got kraut'd

but why did that happen?
did they mistake your granma's dad for a German soldier?

see

Ñ'D

>tfw no pure Portuguese line dating back to 1139
I might as well start writing ñ instead of nh since I'm such a mongrel