>white

And yet it's still more diverse than the DNC

>Canadians
>white
>Jews
>white
>Slavs
>white

Also Vulcans are aliens, how is that not diverse? And I noticed he conveniently left out Sulu.

>Nichols planned to leave Star Trek in 1967 after its first season, wanting to return to musical theater.[8] She changed her mind after talking to Martin Luther King, Jr.[9] who was a fan of the show. King explained that her character signified a future of greater racial harmony and cooperation.[10] King told Nichols, "You are our image of where we're going, you're 300 years from now, and that means that's where we are and it takes place now. Keep doing what you're doing, you are our inspiration."[11] As Nichols recounted, "Star Trek was one of the only shows that [King] and his wife Coretta would allow their little children to watch. And I thanked him and I told him I was leaving the show. All the smile came off his face. And he said, 'Don't you understand for the first time we're seen as we should be seen. You don't have a black role. You have an equal role.'"[8]

>implying this wasn't diverse as fuck in 1968

Didn't this fag author get a bunch of shit for this for that very reason?

>the future is awesome because we have niggers amongst us
hmmmmm

this comic amuses because at the time, star trek was one of the most boldly progressive shows ever produced

but of course nothing is ever remotely good enough for the progressives of today, and anything that tries to but falls short needs to be shat on extra to prove just how virtuous the shitter must really be

I'm liberal and one day in the future I'll be portrayed as weirdly backwards in ways I can't even conceive of.

I don't, maybe people forget just how old TOS is.

Sorry but this guy doesn't look white. He looks like his last name is Canales.

>You don't have a black role. You have an equal role

King would be called an Uncle Tom by modern liberals.

I can only hope my great great trans-racial grandfemson Jaquirous will have some perspective.

I like how people got all upset about that SNL joke because they thought it was shitting on diversity, when in reality the joke was shitting on the clinton campaign for acting like "WOO WOMAN PRESIDENT WOOO!!" was progressive in the slightest.

Especially to a generation that can't differentiate fantasy from reality.

I like that these woke types shit on the past, it'll make it sweeter when their work is shit on in turn by their successors, while they're still alive.

>would
>implying they aren't already

>The first human voice any alien species hears is a black woman
>The pilot of the Enterprise is a Japanese-American, 25 years after Pearl Harbor
>They have a Soviet (Chekov) navigator/security officer onboard their ship, at a time when three years before the US and USSR almost ended up in a nuclear war
>Spock is half-human
>Black starship engineer Charlene Masters in The Alternative Factor
>Kirk's superior officer in Court Martial is a black man

The author should shut up

You realize progressives don't just go "WHEW, OKAY, GAYS CAN KINDA SORTA MARRY IN SOME STATES. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. I NEVER HAVE TO DO ANYTHING ON THIS AGAIN," right?

>Captain is Jewish

"it just worked out that way"

of course not, because they are narcissists who live only to complain.

Since when? Did you forget the whole "WHEW, BLACK PRESIDENT IN THE WHITE HOUSE, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, RACISM IS OVER FOREVER" thing from 8 years ago? Most of them stay static as fuck.

>narcissists who live only to complain

and this differentiates them from the rest of humanity how?

Kirk: Canadian - an anglo montrealer from a jewish family
Scotty: Canadian - WW2 vet and Vancouverite son of Irish immigrants from
Spock: American - came from boston. Jewish famility immigrated from Ukraine.

>BLACK PRESIDENT IN THE WHITE HOUSE, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, RACISM IS OVER FOREVER

t. no one ever

anyone with half a brain was just saying it was a step.

I didn't need any more evidence that diversity just means non white.

yeah this.

sjw's who complain about lack of diversity as some kind of fascist conspiracy are as bad as Sup Forumstards who think jews rule the world.

>anyone with half a brain was just saying it was a step.
so everyone but the group in question, then

It's a spin on ironing.

Yes that's right, diversity isn't over until all fucking white males are doing toilet cleaning jobs and the only people in power are black.

That's what diversity means.

Reminder that the NBA is praised for its diversity standard.

Reminder that there is zero political pressure to ensure there are more female garbage collectors, or male kindergarten teachers.

Nobody gives a shit about diversity on principle. It's just a new way to play the same old societal fracturing game for profit that's always existed.

How old are you? Clearly too young to remember the election, and how black thugs were literally taunting cops for months after Obama got elected saying shit like "I can do whatever I want, you don't want me to get my nigga Barrack on the phone".

>Female uniform is a short skirt with black hose
>Frequent scenes where they trip over letting the viewer upskirt them

The original series was pretty sexist.

Those who suffer fools are just as foolish.

>Nimoy
>White
Leonard Simon Nimoy was born on March 26, 1931, in the West End[9] of Boston, Massachusetts, the son of Jewish immigrants from Iziaslav, Ukraine.[10][11][12] His parents left Iziaslav separately—his father first walking over the border into Poland while his mother and grandmother were smuggled out of the Soviet Union in a horse-drawn wagon by hiding under bales of hay.[13]:7

>The pilot of the Enterprise is a Japanese-American, 25 years after Pearl Harbor
You're a moron. Star Trek is set in the 23rd century.

He's referencing the second Pearl Harbor which took place on Mars, you shit eating cunt.

What's with the "Jews aren't white"?

The majority of jews in america are descendants of those that fled Central/West/East Europe.

Americas view of what's white or not is so retarded, you should all stop.

go outside dude, normal people don't care about this kind of stuff. only you weird hermitudinous internet folk

mea culpa

Oh no, I dropped the fuck I was going to give.

Looks like we have a new Queen of Snark over here. You go, girlfriend!

How the fuck would you know all that unless you're some huge ass nerd that revels in crap no one gives a FUCK about? Like seriously dude get a life.

ha ha yeah wtf are nerds doing on Sup Forums I bet that guy hasn't even fucked a chick yet

I'm a fan of progressivism but come the fuck on.

Bitching about character's skin color IN THE FUCKING 60's is like bitching that snow is white every year. It can't be fucking helped.

It's almost like progress takes incremental steps!

Exactly. Fuck that guy who can't even draw a Kirk that looks anything like Bill Shatner.

that's just crazy talk. We're living in the future.

reminds me of that webcomic about the child tranny Mary Sue that always ends with him/her crying or spouting some questionable data.

>this false flag
wew lad

>hurr durr what is historical context
For the 60s it was progressive.
And yeah I know I'm responding to bait but fuck it.

>remember in the 60s when they didn't live up to my standards of 2010's social justice that totes mcgotes won't be outdated in 2 years?

Not his fault that most of the black races wiped themselves out in the race wars on their respective planets.

Remember the "Gene Roddenberry just smoked a J and watched Shaka Zulu" planet?

>Assigned Male
I always get a minor kek out of how bad that is.

Anyone have the Bane edit of that one comic?

Do you consider other Semitic people to be white? North Africans, Arabs? Do consider Persians or North Indians to be white?

"white" has no meaning. Broadly it usually means European Christians, since really there isn't that much difference from Spanish, Italians or Greeks from say Egyptians, T!rks, Algerians. It's mostly a cultural divide, if Iberia was still Muslim, we'd call them Arabs and not white. Persians and Northern Indians originally came from the Ukraine along with all Indo-Europeans.

Clearly Jews, not all as there has been mixing, have Semitic features stereotypically, the hooked nose, curly black hair and darker skin.

In the US though, officially all Caucasians are classified as "white."

that was groundbreaking for the 60's climate

it also paved the way for black captain, female captain etc

these fucking SJW wont be happy until its a half black half Polynesian tyranny in a wheel chair with one eye and torrent syndrome and a dead foetus growing out of the side of its face..

Do they really not understand why having a Russian guy onboard was a big deal in a show made during the Cold War?

>DURR-HURR all I see is a bunch of white guys!

Umm... The past? What even is that actually even?

>>DURR-HURR all I see is a bunch of white guys!
said the white guy, who lives in a white neighborhood and only has white friends. And would kill himself before he moved to the ghetto.

That's what pisses me off the most about this SJW online crap.

Except a lot of people said exactly that, stop being a revisionist just because you don't remember shit

He also ignored the fact that it has Americans working with Russians during the coldwar.

Obviously the show takes place afterwards, but I think as a symbolic thing its worth mentioning.

Dude lmao what kind of fucking NERD whines about how diverse some bunch of space nerds are on their nerd show
how unfleek rofl

I would never argue it was some intentional conspiracy. The lack of diversity in films compared to the society it airs to and draws from has more to do with subtle unexamined biases in the people who run the industry.

>yfw martin luther king was alive when star trek first came out

>Bring up "problematic" aspects of old media that any rational person would understand was progressive within the context of its own time

WOOOOO! Upvoted!!!

>Bring up "problematic" aspects of black urban culture, like rampant homophobia and misogyny

OMFG UR SO RACIST BLACKS DINDU NUFFIN!!!

History repeats itself. But HERSTORY is perfect! YAAAAS

>2 highest ranking officer's are played by jews
>asian driver
Seems pretty progessive to me

these moronic liberals have no sense of history. Star Trek was very progressive FOR ITS TIME. modern libs think that their morality is so fucking important that it extends back over the ages. of course it wasn't as diverse back then. it was a fucking stepping stone to modern diversity though, and very fucking important. shit pisses me off

user don't argue race with Americans.
It's literally all they know. Without their skin color they are devoid of any roots or identity.

>americans
>white

Progressives: demanding change and shitting on anyone who tried to give it to them.

Why are "monorities" so incapable of not seeing individuals as a representation of whole groups? I'm mexican (from mexico, I don't want anything from your country, and if I do, I will get it/there legally), and I don't want a fucking wetback in every role in every movie or show

He was called one back then too

youtube.com/watch?v=-Rr-aRxItpw

Why do SJW's suck so fucking hard at making webcomics?

>lack of facial-expression
>drab colors
>ugly art
>shit-tier backgrounds
>no real joke
>WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS
>cringe-worthy SJW grandstanding

Did Tim Fuckley make this comic?
All the evidence is pointing to "yes".

They think of the point they want to make, and then try to write a joke around it... and then they learn how to draw third.

That freeloadin' negro needs to start drawing again.

You know that, and the longest contiguous governmental system in the world.

If Martin Luther King Jr. were alive today to see Black Tantrums Matter or the Obamaphone shit, he'd probably fucking hang himself.

Buckley has gone SJW now? I haven't hate-read that shit in years.

>ignoring Sulu's presence entirely
Gee, it's almost like this strip was made by someone with an agenda.

>The original series was pretty sexy
FTFY

fun fact: the civil rights movement was primarily a KGB operation to undo the US's "divide and conquer" strategy against it's own people.

As unified lower classes invariably drift towards redistribution of wealth.

weird how it's okay to lump all lighter-skinned people together as a single ethnic group

pretty racist if you ask me

yeah, god forbid women wear feminine clothes and men find them attractive

B-but they all look the same!
But it's okay for the guys to wear tight pants and for Kirk to end up shirtless at every opportunity.

well the white race is an amalgamation created by mogrels and white niggers so the aforementioned can claim the accomplishments of their betters as part of their heritage.

I've noticed that jews are white only when they fuck something up. Everyone conveniently forgets about it.
But as soon as one of them makes it big in the news for doing something great, suddenly they magically become jewish again.

This also works with the lighter skinned Hispanics and Latinos, like with Zimmerman.
He was hispanic, but the news needed to pin the crime on a white male to fit the narrative at the time, so suddenly his beaner heritage magically disappeared.

>Buckley has gone SJW now?

Name a webcomic aside from The Perry Bible Fellowship that hasn't.

White people aren't allowed to have an "identity".

The same way they aren't allowed to have pride in their race.

Aside from his crippling depression, Ronnie remains pure to this day.

Penny Arcade?
I stopped reading them like 5 years ago though. They just got unfunny once they became parents and also I stopped playing video games.

This.

Anyone got the recent New York Times article that outright refers to Zimmerman as "white". Not even "biracial" or anything. They aren't even hiding it any more.

>Penny Arcade?

Gabe recently had a "guest artist" start doing strips.
That "guest artist" was the woman who drew this comic and others like it, and it revolves around her "educating" Gabe's kid about politically-correct and open-minded sex.

Oh. Are we really posting this monstrosity user?

He still doesn't get what's wrong with the comic.

twitter.com/jonrosenberg/status/766507957966233601

Well I guess I stopped reading at a good time then.

My girlfriend has a red towel specifically for this purpose

What the fuck is this shiiiiittt

This is what I try to explain to people. Who knows what will be considered "progressive" in the future for our time? Someone could just do some crazy random shit and people could look back and say they were ahead of their time. Star Trek was pretty bold for its time in history and a lot of black people admire the whole cast and often cite the black actors as inspirations.

>only you weird hermitudinous internet folk
you have just got to look like a Nu/SJW/cuck stereotype

I love Sup Forums. I post on Sup Forums all the time.

Can we keep Sup Forums on Sup Forums?

The US is already a lost cause. Get over it. Your leaders sold you out. There is no way back.