Why is it so popular among redditors?

Why is it so popular among redditors?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n4Xp6g-_UUw
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/sHcHrybWT8s5g8aSfE0Nww/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A lot of people find it entertaining.

Me included, but if you don't like it, you're free to watch other stuff that you prefer.

/thread

thanks for stopping by redditerino

>/thread

they're not wrong

not an argument.

Its meta, ironic, self referential, isn't particularly intelligent but very forcefully implies it is through surface level science and philosophy giving viewers an air of superiority over nobody in particular

>sci-fi
>pseudo-science
>edgy humour
>repetitive memes
>metahumour
>co-created by the guy who made Community, a former Reddit staple

Not that hard to think of.
I enjoy it but it's easy to see why they cling so hard to it.

whats goin on big guy, you just tripped my wife

Spot on

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor normie to understand why this show is so popular.

These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick normies into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter.

What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

Isn't it a Redditor act to attribute liking Rick and Morty to Redditors?

Fpbp

It's not as Reddit as Sam Hyde

Intelligent, Nihilistic and with a Wicked Sense of Humor

more like first post reddit post

Does it really make you feel better to scream that word?

>>pseudo-science
>>edgy humour
>>repetitive memes
>>metahumour
so Sup Forums

If you don't like Rick and Morty it's probably because you're just not cool enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=n4Xp6g-_UUw

the only reason Sup Forums hates rick and morty is because the white hero is able to steal the girl from the black guy.

Sup Forums prefers it if the black guy steals the girl from the white hero.

leave this site

DUDE SCIENCE AND NIHILISM LMAO

This is my wife we're talking about!

DELETT HIS

For christ's sake Nick, I watched you do it

/thread

this is exactly the reason why Sup Forums hates rick and morty

Sup Forums loves westworld for a reason

Rick and Morty is post-nihilism tho.

this desu

It's an alright show, sure, I enjoyed it. But the reddit fags that obsess over it are just weird nerds.

>So you want a realistic, down-to-earth show that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots?

accurate

why do redditors dislike things they like or themselves being called reddit so much

>OP about reddit-tier show
>every post is "fpbp", "this" , "desu desu desu" and newfags threading their own threads
shut down this cesspool

Its a good show, but whatever reddit likes Sup Forums has to hate

The idea alone is great.
Imagine if season 2 gravity falls had Stan's brother as a rick type character & the entirety of season 2 was in fact Stan, Dipper, and Stan's brother (with a flying saucer, behaving like Rick, the plots very similar to Rick episodes) it would've been great

They ruined the ending of Gravity Falls, but at least Rick & Morty will survive (as long as they get away from these boring fucking episodes that do not explore the fact Rick & Morty cango to literally endless places, having whole episodes take place in their house is bullshit)

rick and morty is not kino because of this

Do you even know what this means?

I think all the white bois here agree.

Nihilism is the belief that there is no truth. Post-nihilism is the belief that it doesn't matter.

Sauce on that semon demon?

Kek, don't ever try to bring it up around those that have actually looked into it, you'll be laughed out of the room

Your average rick and Morty fan

That nigga in the glasses is in his 60's

Reddit loves "le meta."

Also, Dan Harmon.

This needs two /threads

>Taking philosophy this seriously

There are white Americans that live in delusion and white Americans that live in reality. That's all you need to know. Pretenders and realists always clash. One group is needy and pathetic, the other are realistic and consigned.

(You)

I like how you took the two terms literally and just guessed what they meant

How'd I do?

Nihilism is the realization there's no control over your life or the future. Post nihilism is some fuck ups idea that holds no meaning for normal humans.

>white girl doesn't get the bbc
WTF? I hate rick and morty now!

threading your own post shiggy diggy reddit shill

Nigga if you don't like atleast S1-2 of Community then you are a giant faggot.

How does it feel that a redditor provided an actual point and all you could do was shitpost?

I notice that all these meme cartoons like Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe all use the exact same art style.

This place is the clearing house of the absolute dregs of _mostly_ southern American society. These people have spent generations of subsistence living falling behind the west and east coasts of America. Never underestimate the seriousness of their regressed society and lack of understanding of modern western comedy.

One shekel has been deposited into your bank account.

It's been weeks since Hillary lost. When will you just get over it, quit vandalizing businesses and public infrastructure at your stupid protests, and get a job like the rest of us?

Really pathetic that just having proper correct definitions is taking it "seriously" to you. I'm yet to meet one, just a single one person that tries to be le intellectual nihilist name-dropper that actually gets it right.

You're really not helping your cause.

CalArts

all of the animators went to this one school

Please give me sauce on this cum dumpster

Rick and Morty is rather dissapointing. Redditors like stuff like pizzagate and gamergate and shit like that.

I guess they are just hardwired to dissapointment. And being completley oblivious.

One shekel has been deposited to your account.

looks like kagney lynn karter
might be wrong tho

they think they can relate with rick because he is an edgy genius that just doesn't try and is cynical about life. it also has a bit of "so randum xD" that normies like, as well as catch phrases that they can repeat to each other to fit into their social circles

When you philosophize entirely with the use of memes what do you think that makes you? Do you think that makes you look like a young idiot who enjoys his neologisms or a profound thinker?

See; edgy, normies.

oh dear and I forgot lul, so randum xD! in your fucked thinking.

struck a nerve?

I'm addressing you, and your "U MAD?" bullshit doesn't make a difference. Are you that formulaic?

Care to rephrase that without substituting memes for ideas, my dude?

Catchphrases.

If you pay attention though, every comedy is popular among redditors. And the more widely popular comedies are more popular on reddit, imagine that.

One shekel has been deposited in your shoah.

It's not your 'idea' when it's been typed a thousand times before you ever typed it. It's a dull meme you neither came up with, or probably even understand.

I bet this guy loves Always Sunny though.

where did reddit touch you?

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/sHcHrybWT8s5g8aSfE0Nww/

One shekel has been deposited to your menorah.

This is the thread that happens when parents have no expectations of their children. You become morally free and divorced from growth into adulthood.

instead of name calling why dont you try to refute my original post? maybe you should take some classes on critical thinking and forming arguments, would do you some good :^)

You sound like a simulacrum of a human. You've been doing this too long.

One shekel has been deposited to your shegetz.

I'm going to type to you like you're the Lost Hatch numbers. You'll kill yourself if someone doesn't type to you so that you feel acknowledged, right? You're end stage, I assume? Call your childhood best friend.

lots of nerdy sci fi references

Did you kill yourself? Don't hang me with that, you asshole.

Yes.

ONE SHEKEL HAS BEEN HOLOCAUSTED TO YOUR AUSCHWITZ.

Ah but you see, I was being ironic.

I like Family Guy and Rick and Morty, fight me

>very forcefully implies it is through surface level science and philosophy
[citation needed]

It's literally future fantasy. It's dumb and it should stay dumb.

>>sci-fi
>>pseudo-science
nigga they don't even try, what the fuck are you talking about?

I almost didn't realize the redditness in that. good one.

>new thing
>like thing
>thing popular
>don't like thing

I think it's so they can have nerd cred because the show references lots of other sci-fi

I hope somebody is paying you to do this because it sure seems like you spend allot of time watching and thinking about a show you supposedly don't like.

yep, that's

im gonna science the shit outta this! xD

Are you the guy who promised he'd make this a copypasta?

Our society allows the vulnerable to be ensnared by insanity. They look at it like it's nothing. Like this kind of thing existing in our culture isn't evidence supporting a critical judgement:

Our society is a deadly trap for almost all of us. Why do we tolerate it? Why don't we take offense at the destruction of our fellow men? People that we could have been friends with, partners with, people who could make our world a better place.

Why aren't we tearing at this horrible abomination at every corner?

Make our own counter-commentary. Spread it in our daily routine. Challenge people to step up and defend their beliefs. Assemble in groups and confront the weak minded and give them no where to run. Force them to answer, force them to reason through their stances. And then forgive them and incorporate them when they admit their failure.

Why aren't we organizing a military effort to sabotage these sources of poison? Assassinating the key players? Making them afraid to do their evil business?

I'm pretty sure the Trump election is a sign. We need to trigger people before they masturbate all the anger out of themselves with the delusion that Trump will fix everything and they just have to follow his lead.

Things are still tense. Chaos is near. Just start doing your part and others will follow.

Stop trying to force this meme faggot. You tried it with Seinfeld too.