Deafheaven

What do you guys think is the best Deafheaven album?

The quietest shortest one.

That one.

Sunbather is growing on me, but I'm still not a big fan. The sunny, uplifting guitars just don't work for me at all in the black metal context. The combination is annoying.

Their last album shows what a competent black metal band they could be. Still, for the "blackgaze" thing, I honestly enjoy Oathbreaker, An Autumn for Crippled Children, Alcest, and Woods of Desolation a lot more.

i hate to break it to you, but you are the definition of pleb

Filosofem

You're calling me a pleb for not liking the most entry level album of an entire genre?

I hate to break it to you, but you're the definition of a retard. You don't understand what a pleb is. You're literally just upset that I don't like what you like, but you're p4k-core

triggered

Yeah, a little

New Bermuda. Gifts for the earth was my favorite song of 2015.

Saaaaame, the first time I actually heard the lyrics I was pulled to tears and left emotional for like a week.

It's so fuckin good. Not only is it a perfect closer, it's the heavy fake out song I've always wanted but never found

You know any other contemporary metal acts with a similar emo or tragic feel to them? New Bermuda is so excellent to me because it sounds just like the experience of death and drug withdrawal.

can confirm. when i was coming off heroin i listen to this album quite a bit. i don't know if it helped but

didnt finish. i guess ghost bath is something else i listened to in that shit state. i dont know if it is what you are looking for.

I thought ghost bath was good with Moonlover but Starmourner is absolute garbage. Yeah other similar bands I know are Sorrow Plagues, Lustre, Eldamar, Violet Cold, Mesarthim, and Unreqvited. They're more like DSBM, but atmospheric, kinda like New Bermuda's crescendos.

i agree with that. Moonlover was the piece that i was listening to at the time. I actually havent hear of any of those or heard of them. which one do you recommend first?

I would say... Anomie by Violet Cold. Probably my favorite metal record of 2017. If the folk and prog experimentation is a bit much for you, then Homecoming by Sorrow Plagues.

Scream in black metal clothing.

Of those listed I only think Oathbreaker can challenge Deafheaven. The latest Oathbreaker album got stale quick though, the first two are amazing.

It was pretty good of course, but really didn't capture my attention like Roads to Judah, Sunbather or early Alcest did.

Haven't seen Heretoir mentioned yet, and rarely see them mentioned at all. They're really good.

have you heard the new bell witch album?

thank you guys. sorry i was out skating. i havent listend to any folk metal and little to none prog metal so ill give it a shot today. and i will also check out oathbreaker

The first track on this album is their best track

Ooh no guess I'll check it out then

Road To Judah > New Bermuda > Sunbather