Serious Question

Serious Question

What's the appeal or merit of progresive/liberal talkshows? Why is it that young peoples just seem so obsessed with it like they are some kind of new age gospel?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/nov/10/samantha-bee-donald-trump-white-people
youtu.be/EH_H-tUR5Vs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It makes them feel smart and superior while making them laugh

Everyone likes to laugh and everyone likes to see themselves at better than everyone else

because satire is less ridiculous than reality

I watched him back in 2014 when he started and in 2015, didn't watch him much this year. I thought he was funny, and some of his stories were interesting, but i don't agree with everything he says but i don't hate him just because he has a different opinion than me.

If you live in poverty and misery you feel threatened by progress. If you're wealthy you're better educated and you understand the humour more.

It's all about creating a vast underclass that hates smart people and perspicacious viewpoints. You've been crafted to hate this guy.

Serious Question

What's the appeal or merit of conservative/reactionary talkshows? Why is it that old peoples just seem so obsessed with it like they are some kind of new bible gospel?

Yet you're the one here making threads about them.

Dumb people mock without any logical refutation. If you see someone TYPING LIKE THIS, they're just a threatened fuck up hating that their screwed up life view is being criticized. If there's an actual point to be made, you won't see it from these people.

I dont really think young people give a flying fuck about shows like Samantha Bee's or post-Stewart Daily Show. They like John Oliver because he does lengthy segments on topics that usually go completely installed about. Americans find substantive discussion of importants topics to be really novel and thrilling, because they very rarely get it from any mainstream source. Their country's news media is absolutely dog shit.

Correct. See:

Are you kidding me? Are you aware of the current year?

This is called being immunized from logic. Everything points back to your views no matter what.

This

>Are you aware of the current year?

Perfect. But it should have been ARE YOU AWARE OF THE CURRENT YEAR?

People like to be told how right and smart they are.

Young people want to be informed, or pretend to be, but the news is boring, partly because of the 24 hour new cycle which means you have wade through a lot of inane shit to get something relevant. These shows condense that into 10 to 15 min of information, in an entertaining way.

Aside from Alex Jones i can't name any prominent one

I never say i hate the guy, but i agree your point.

You offered nothing substantive, only arrogance. You perfectly illustrated user's point

What insight. Really makes you think.

>Samantha Bee on the US election: 'White people ruined America'

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/nov/10/samantha-bee-donald-trump-white-people

DAE agree? I certainly do. The white race is the cancer of human history!

Virtue signaling, being a pretentious middle-brow pseudo, and sometimes just not knowing better.

Jon Stewart could be alright, and I actually think that Bill Mayer has the most credibility of everyone there even though he has some fucking retarded opinions. Overall pure cancer.

Oliver's show is like nails on a fucking chalkboard: even if I agreed with him on everything his jokes are disgustingly formulaic and terrible.

You are now aware that SJWism has all the trademarks of a secular pseudo-religion and replaces christianity in our population. Original sin, set of unbreakable rules, holy and sinful words, some kind of holy cause to give all your spiritual energy to etc.

>If you live in poverty and misery you feel threatened by progress
Other way around, you'd welcome change when you have nothing to lose. Being rich makes you more conservative as you don't want to lose what you have.

That show has Pavlovian formula.
1. introduce point
2. Snarky """Humor""", normally complete non sequitur
3. Approving laughter before you can think logically makes you automatically attuned to supporting what he wants
4. repeat until you have full show.

This show makes you actually dumber, and people who are already dumb think that because of his accent it's smart.

Why aren't all the shows cancelled?

Same reason people like Rush Limbaugh. They want their bias confirmed.

Left has been trying to make their equivalent of right talk radio for a long ass time, unsuccessfully, until Jon Stewart retired. Now they got a whole crew of funny Rush Limbaughs that has wider reach than outdated conservative talk radio.

Jon Stewart has his bias, and he obviously poked harder at the right, but he didn't let Democrats and MSM get away with shit. He poked at everyone.

>Everything points back to your views no matter what.
Which is how most people like their media. Television literally exists for "lol just turn your brain off and enjoy".

You are now aware that altrightism has all the trademarks of a secular pseudo-religion and replaces christianity in our population. Original sin, set of unbreakable rules, holy and sinful words, some kind of holy cause to give all your spiritual energy to etc.

Because faggots like you get triggered so hard by someone with a different opinion that you have to devote time to drawing MSpaint memes about him so you can jerk off to your own thoughts.

How so?

BUTTHURT
U
T
T
H
U
R
T

Not even that guy but pay attention
Original sin
>Every race is evil and inferior
set of unbreakable rules
>Everything degenerate
holy and sinful words
>Cuck/libtard/shill/kek every other buzzword you faggots spout
some kind of holy cause to give all your spiritual energy to etc.
>Fighting the "degeneracy" by brigading anything they dislike across the internet, basically all of the daily Sup Forumsposters

For thousands of years, religions were politics as they were used as the memes to control the populace.

In the past century, politics has shrugged off religion in a battle royale, evolving to be the master of bossing other people around and shunting religion memes to the side.

Think this isn't an evolutionary process? Politics in the US has seized the power to tax religions if they dare to have a political opinion from the pulpit. That is a direct power one quasi-religion has assumed to knife another in the back.

It's a complicated issue, because the sole function of the church is to advise its worshipers on lifestyle related matters. But where do lifestyle related matters end and sociopolitical issues begin?

Being jerked-off by an overpaid, unfunny, smug hack who tells you your opinions are correct and tells some """jokes""" in between.

Obviously, however, this is only true if you're a smug millennial leftist with a low IQ.
Anyone else has zero-reason to watch this shit show.

Liberals have a long history of making loud, hollow propaganda and praising it as "genius" because it tells them they are right.
It's basically opinion-masturbation.

>there are still people that think this faggot is anything other than an SJW faggot

>You are now aware that SJWism has all the trademarks of a secular pseudo-religion

Welcome to fucking 10 years ago.
Tardy to the party, huh?

Surely OP is too smart to watch any talking heads confirm his beliefs, huh?

I bet your youtube history is full of "British Man Standing Behind Map Shits on Liberals" vids

Ehh, John Oliver ain't that bad. Yeah, some of his shit is pandering, yeah he's not always right, yeah sometimes the shit he says is clearly biased towards whatever point he's trying to make, and yeah, some of his jokes are a bit played out. But, sometimes it is genuinely entertaining and informational. I'm assuming the real issue you have is with people who take something like that as the absolute truth - take it up with them.

>Jon Stewart has his bias, and he obviously poked harder at the right, but he didn't let Democrats and MSM get away with shit. He poked at everyone.

This is such complete bullshit.

Jon Stewart called people "sexist" for jerking off to post-op Bruce Jenner, because that was "objectifying a woman".

Not only does he think trannies are women, but literally beating-off to trannies isn't "progressive" enough for him.

He's a liberal SJW hack and always has been.

The great thing about you people, is that NO ONE pays attention to you people. You're the garbage of humanity that is listened even less to than black americans. You're the people that can't earn shit, don't matter shit and no one represents or cares about. You're the invisibles of America. I'm not even joking.

Nevermind, the Sup Forums spergs are out in full force tonight. Time to abandon the thread.

By changing just three words your post accurately describes right-wing talk radio.

Wow, this is fucking terrible.
Nice try, Tumblr.

>right-wing talk radio

You mean that thing that hasn't been relevant for more than a decade?

Good to know.

>all the arsemad Sup Forumsfaggots in this thread.

Maybe when a funny conservative right winger comes along, you'll get a show as well.

Until then, enjoy Steven Crowder.

kek

Dude, don't worry, these people reach no one. They're human filth and they'll display their filth. Just sit back and enjoy.

Yeah, remember how hard critics jerked off Rush Limbaugh and called his show "the most important piece of radio in 50 years"?

That didn't happen.

>you'll get a show as well.

In an industry where not being a liberal can get your career completely stonewalled?
Not going to happen.

>implying Current Year Man is "funny"

How fucking inbre do you have to be to find his shit funny?

Sounds like someone's been listening to the mainstream media too much.

Now why would the mainstream media portray its limited competition as anything but irrelevant garbage? You don't listen to it, nor do your peers, because you're statistically unlikely to be the ones commuting or spending lots of time in the car.

This is my favorite Maher clip.

youtu.be/EH_H-tUR5Vs

It allows teenagers to feel smart without having to intellectually invest in anything. It allows them to assume a position of superiority over people with differing ideas, giving them a sense of power and control.

I remember liking John Oliver back when he was on the daily show, but I hate him now. I'm not sure if its because i got older or because he got shitter.

>You've been crafted to hate this guy.
Not really, its pretty obvious he's a piece of shit, regardless of viewpoints. Like the rest of the daily show crew.

He should get his rotten teeth ass back to his shed in england

>I may hate him, but I wasn't trained to do it!

Whatever you say, retardo

FPBP

Shows like this and bill maher are mass media that use irony and parody to make viewers feel smarter and wittier over those parodied, when in fact the show has no substance or unique solution of its own

>merit of progresive/liberal talkshows?
What's dumb is that you guys only care about badmouthing this dude when his opinions are directly the opposite of yours

Climate Change is bad and we should support it's cessation? Nah
There are business practices in place that are taking advantage of the common consumer? Nothing
Trump is a terrible person who shouldn't be president?
LITERALLY KUK CURRENT YEAR MAN SAYS CURRENT YEAR AGAIN

Please don't adopt your shitty psychology onto me, thanks.

He's babbies first political satirical comedian, hiding behind comedy when he gets assblasted for it.

Trump is in the whitehouse you dumb fuck.

Clearly these people do matter.

Kinda amazing how all those shows pushing the stupid white man meme have white men as their presenters (with the one token exception of a black guy)

bunch of hypocrites

I think he used to be good, I dropped him a while back because whenever I see his show now he just seems to give unbelievable bias along with outright lies. Some of his shit is still decent but for the most part it's not.

same reason white nationalist neets circlejerk on pol, people like having their opinions said back to them.

rush Limbaugh, Hannity, o Reilly and glens beck are/were bigger than alex jones and breitbart. how old are you?

So you're a generic capitulant.

Retard, you make me embarrassed to have wealth

>I remember liking John Oliver back when he was on the daily show, but I hate him now. I'm not sure if its because i got older or because he got shittier.
Both. Mostly the latter though.

>I think the right winger has the most credibility
Hmmm...

>along with outright lies.
provide one instance of this happening

>tfw he's just gonna talk about trump for the next four/eight years instead of literally anything else

I don't know how I feel about this

Perhaps demonizing white people wasn't such a good strategy after all...

He literally believes that trannies are the future of American society and that you're a bigot racist if you disagree.

He believes that "online harassment" is the new fucking Holocaust, but only when it affects women and non-whites.

He's a titanic fucking SJW faggot and you probably are one too.

alt right literally believes in a doctrine of baseless conspiracies and rely on sources like breitbart for political news despite the ceo being trumps chief strategist. the delusional bias and willingness to believe any crazy rhetoric regardless of how detached it is from empirical evidence is shocking. I mean you fucks unironically believe the countries leading universities and scientific output is a liberal conspiracy to undermine the white working class. sjw doctrine essentially amounts to be nice to people.

If we're so insignifigant than how did we put Trump in the Whitehouse?

jokes at the expense of people who you loathe, so although the jokes arent clever or especially funny its 'enjoyable'

affirmation of all your limp-wristed faggot ideals

basically having a comedian pat you on the pack for being so 'enlightened'

>sjw doctrine essentially amounts to be nice to people.
Being nice to people is legitimately the one thing they're worst at.

id like some context

>it's a conspiracy!
fascinating argument, somebody tell Rupert Murdock

?

His segment on wage gap. If you look at the likes/dislike ratio and comments on that video I'd say most people would agree.

>sjw doctrine essentially amounts to be nice to people.

Yeah, not even close.

I am not surprised you type like a low-IQ nigger, either.

he triggers you because he points out that your entire belief system is based on nothing but paranoia and ignorance to empirical evidence, and that its both comical and shocking. same thing stewart and colbert always did. literally everything conservatives believe is a conspiracy with no evidence aside from slipshod pol infographs

politics has made our society more hostile than ever. you shouldn't really give a shit what anyones opinion about it is, think for yourself and stop going put of your way to love/hate people like this.

>provide no argument
>start memeing
typical for an uneducated neet virgin pollack. your entire reality is memeing in total isolation, so why not just kill yourself?

He said liberals should abandoned identity politics and concentrate on the working class.

>id'd as butthurt progressive

you know those old people? you are those old people. in the near future the young people will be making fun of you for being so communist and watching CNN while jerk off to your "wife" fucking someone else.

>Liberals aren't intolerant of non-liberal ideals
>People don't have to be liberal to avoid having their careers sabotaged

>Executive Fred Silverman stated regarding TV comedy nowadays that "...there’s only one perspective, and it’s a very progressive perspective. And if you want the other perspective... well it's just not there right now."

>TV series COPS creator John Langley stated that he is prefers showing segments where whites are the criminals because he fears that he would be promoting negative stereotypes.

>Producer Leonard Goldberg stated to Shapiro that in the industry liberalism is "100 percent dominant, and anyone who denies it is kidding, or not telling the truth," and when Shapiro asked if politics are a barrier to entry replied, "Absolutely."

>Producer and director Nicholas Meyer replied "Well, I hope so," when asked if conservatives are discriminated against, and stated regarding the 1983 made-for-TV film The Day After that, "My private, grandiose notion was that this movie would unseat Ronald Reagan when he ran for re-election."

Even Leftists themselves admit that they have exclusive control over the media. Stop being willfully ignorant.

the fringes of both ends of the political spectrum are absolutely brainwashed by memes and clickbait

>seriously believing this

This is what a Media-Zombie looks like, Sup Forums?

How much you wanna' bet he'd vote for literally whoever one of those shitty Marvel star videos told him to vote for?

>He's a titanic fucking SJW faggot and you probably are one too.
Yeah, but you don't have a problem with him beyond that
Yet here you are, in a thread bashing this dude because he doesn't 100% line up with your petty beliefs

That is white supremecist though. Working class whites are all racist. Fuck those bigots.

>provide no argument

I did.

If you need to have why SJW philosophy is retarded, you're on the wrong fucking board.

>(((Jon Leibowitz)))
>Bill (((Berman)))Maher
>white

is this somehow proof that conservatives are unable to become famous/have their own programs? because Murdock has a media empire, Limbaugh has the biggest radio how in america, the blue collar guys are some of the most popular comedians, etc. your contextless quotes by some exec are meaningless because they don't undermine the evidence

>Yeah, but you don't have a problem with him beyond that

Yeah, I do.

I don't like him because he's a faggoty SJW twat that's wrong about nearly everything in existence.

I'm sorry that makes you mad.