Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PRXXPwg58y4
youtube.com/watch?v=5nzLVc1f3QA
youtube.com/watch?v=sapI1GqNqIU
streamable.com/9e87h
youtube.com/watch?v=fE9ly-yJv-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=gmEs5u--d3E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hyped for GGG v Canelo but I know from experience that when two bombers face off it's usually a boring measuring and feinting game.

good
now peg him while hes paralyzed

Quality op

This

Who's the chick?

me

>all these non-Russian Europeans who feel represented by Kovalev

Happy fathers day /box/

previous

Sauce pls

see

Even ignoring the lowblows, stopping the fight at that point didn't make sense. Kovalev wasn't close to being KO'd, he still had solid legs, and he hadn't taken much damage. Weeks must've thought that Kovalev was saying "no mas" when he was complaining about the lowblows.

>I swear black Brits are not that ignorant and obnoxious

OK, maybe they are ignorant and obnoxious (just like poor white people), but at least they don't seem to openly hate their country and white people. Del Boy reps the UK hard. African Americans seem to be in a constant state of civil disobedience

Yeah and the only reason it seems like Kovalev didn't complain is because he thought the ref had broken them up to admonish Ward

Boxing desperately needs to get some young blood officiating. Seems like half of the active refs and judges are senile at this point

I don't know what it's called. But that's me in the mirror. Her name was Brunhilde. Ballbuster Brunhilde.

>licks his lips

gayest thing I've seen in a boxing ring

sauce on scene?

The first fight was close but Ward truly left it all in the ring tonight. In the early rounds it looked like it would be all Kovalev and he'd even get a finish, but by the later rounds it was clear Ward was just letting him gas himself out. Before Ward started dominating the 8th round, Kovalev tried to play a hard body shot as a low blow and even got a short break but that wasn't enough. He was clearly hurt by a shot to the head. This was the most strongest round of the fight and Ward would've likely won every round from there if not a later finish. I would've liked to see if Kovalev could've lasted another 30 seconds but he was getting lit up and doing a bad job protecting himself.

Kovalev will be a top fighter someday but he still has a long way to go. His plan is to just brawl and fans love that, but he's still too one-dimensional compared to boxers with real boxing skills. He couldn't even finish a 50 year old man. Kovalev is older than Ward, but his career is several years younger. He moved to the top too quickly.

It's crazy how boxing has been on the decline in the USA since 1950 (boxing, horse racing, and baseball were as big from 1900-1950 as football, basketball, and baseball are today) and hardly exists as a third-tier sport as of 2000, yet we are still able to provide the best boxers in the world against countries where the sport is undergoing a renaissance like Russia, Germany, Poland, UK, etc..

sitting on the ropes and refusing to defend yourself is good enough to stop a fight

Beterbiev is IBF mandatory for Ward.

Since IBF is the hardest division to duck, how do you think Ward would fair towards Beterbiev?

Do you think Beterbiev will have a better chance at winning than Ward?

Even this guy took those blows better than Kovalev

>he did it for free

Hitting someone in the balls repeatedly is good enough to stop the fight and rule it a DQ.

STOP CRYING

Good luck waiting for the commission to reverse the outcome of this match.

>It's crazy how boxing has been on the decline in the USA since 1950 (boxing, horse racing, and baseball were as big from 1900-1950 as football, basketball, and baseball are today) and hardly exists as a third-tier sport as of 2000, yet we are still able to provide the best boxers in the world against countries where the sport is undergoing a renaissance like Russia, Germany, Poland, UK, etc..

The USA still has a much bigger talent pool than those nations. Mexico is the only country that comes close. There is almost 8x as many pro boxers from the USA as from Russia, so Russia actually over-performs by quite a large amount

It won't.

They've been historically treated much worse than black Brits, so it's not surprising

Look up Jack Johnson, Joe Louis, and Muhammad Ali. Boxing in the US has a pretty long history of blacks vs whites. Since the sport mostly survives in the US in black ghettos, you can expect a lot of pride and ignorance.

Everyone here saw Ward vs Kovalev as black vs white. If you go on /heem/, they are a lot more racist and joke for months whenever one races brutally finishes the other. I guess that's the way with fight sports, it brings out primal instincts.

Kovalev didn't sit into the ropes until Weeks already moved in to separate them. As for defending himself, here lies the problem: he was defending himself. When you're getting hit in the groin bending over foward is how you shield your dick. The only other way of covering your groin is to use your hands, but he didn't do that because he was still fighting and kept his hands up at his chest to protect his body. He was defending himself adequately given the shots that were being thrown at him. Either way, the fight was stopped because he didn't "defend himself" for about 5 seconds prior to the stoppage? Way too quick given that Ward wasn't landing headshots towards the end. Weeks fucked up.

>Kovalev will be a top fighter someday but he still has a long way to go. His plan is to just brawl and fans love that, but he's still too one-dimensional compared to boxers with real boxing skills. He couldn't even finish a 50 year old man. Kovalev is older than Ward, but his career is several years younger. He moved to the top too quickly.

He'll fight Beterbiev for the vacant IBF and if he loses that (likely by stoppage) he'll probably retire. He's hardly a prospect at this point, he's been pro since '09 and amateur since 2000. This is the autumn of his career

youtube.com/watch?v=5nzLVc1f3QA

and the shots were low. totally clear by this video, absolutely no way to deny. they even showed that the punch that started it all (about 10 seconds before the right hand upstairs) was clearly low

>Snoops reaction to the fight

>they even showed that the punch that started it all (about 10 seconds before the right hand upstairs) was clearly low

Yeah at the time I thought that the big right hand up top was only possible because a low blow had lowered Kovalev's guard and broken his concentration. Ward is definitely clever with his fouls. He makes it hard for the referee to make a decision

His hands were on his abdomen not his balls. And you can take a knee at any point

weeks was in absolute perfect position to see the shots. it's right there in the video. still no idea what the fuck you're talking about. it was a direct line of sight from about 6 feet away

Ward would probably box his head off from the outside, but Beterbiev's strength, power and short punches would make it extremely tough if he got close. I expect Ward to vacate though

so you think that's a better standard than simply watching a perfect, slow motion, HD replay of the punches?

>enslave black people for the first 80 years of the history of your country
>spend the next 100 years with explicitly discriminatory laws
>spend the next 50 years with laws implicitly aimed at disenfranchising blacks

golly gee! I don't get why these black people don't get over it!

Truth right here.

They know. Trust me they all know.

youtube.com/watch?v=sapI1GqNqIU

>5:18

So why don't South American negros demand more gibs from the blancos?

Average cable bill is $120? No wonder Americans can't quit cable fast enough

holy fucking shit

DAS RITE

Scorecards were 67-66 and 67-66 Ward, and 68-65 Kovalev at the stoppage.

notice how ward thought that weeks was DQing him, then saw he was calling it a KO, and was shocked. kellerman even specifically brings it up with him. once again ward's shocked expression tells the story

That Kovalev judge needs to retire.

what rounds did you give ward? virtually everyone (except the judges of course) had kovalev up

Kellerman is such a faggot

I won't write an essay, but cable packaging is crazy if you know how it works. It's what's killing ESPN.

google 'comcast customer service' or 'comcast complaints'

Nine hours since i saw the match and i'm still mad.

Worse then when we lost the WC against Argentinia.

I had the fight also scored 66-67 for Ward
I believe I gave Ward rounds 1,4,6,7. I don't recall exactly which rounds I gave him

3, 4, 6, and 7
8 would've been a 10:8 round had Usher not sat on the ropes and pouted.

Does anybody here actually think Kovalev would have won without the fouls? Or that fouling doesn't happen all the fucking time? I'm not excusing what Ward did, he's a dirty fighter, but you people seriously need to get a grip.

>I had the fight also scored 66-67 for Ward
>I believe I gave Ward rounds 1,4,6,7. I don't recall exactly which rounds I gave him

so you think think that a judge is demented and should retire because he gave kovalev five rounds, but you gave him three yourself. and you can't even remember how many rounds you gave or what rounds they were. alright

>but you people seriously need to get a grip.
Actually they need to let go. Kovalev was on his way to a lopsided UD loss at best and a brutal KO in the championship rounds at worst. Watching them chimp out online has been a wonderful father's day gift though.

>Does anybody here actually think Kovalev would have won without the fouls?
yes, and you have absolutely no way of knowing that isn't the case

>Or that fouling doesn't happen all the fucking time?
it sure does. and every once in a while it's really bad. and in even more rare cases it ends fights, such as in this case. there is a video above you of 3 low blows ending the fight. and many that came before that

Reminder that while the losers at the higher weights are busy stinking out the sport the REAL divisions will be hosting yet more GOAT nights

so you're telling me I can't kick or elbow but I can punch him in the dick?

Wake us up when Manletito fights the Manlet Monster. We need fighters who have names and normal-sized bodies or else we're not able to relate to them.

Ultimately, it's irrelevant to the issue. Lowblows and terrible reffing isn't to be ignored just because one fighter looked as though he was going to win, no matter how one-sided a fight is. In reality, however, neither side had a great advantage. The judges scorecards, and most other people it seems, had the fight about even at the time of the stoppage. Considering how competitive the fight had been, the way it ended is obviously going to be contentious. Even had Ward decisively won every round up until that point, it would still be a contentious stoppage. That's the issue here.

>Reading the boxing forums today has made me a racist.
Same here, I can't deal with black people anymore. They always side with the black guy against any other race not matter how egregious the injustice.
99% of them seem to have no sense of justice, of right and wrong, they will always defend another black man from everyone else even if the black man was poison to the community, even if they had taken many black lives.
Their behavior in their communities, the shitholes that they are, extend to everything they touch, music, sports, public discourse, everything they touch seems to get worse while they all cheer each other on to continue to ruin it.
It's one thing to be an unapologetic piece of shit that acts like a fucking animal, that's already bad enough but then they try to blame everyone else for every thing wrong in their lives and neighborhoods right along as they cheer and celebrate the very things destroying their communities, so they also play the victim.

Probably not, but fighters have come back from worse than that before

Plus I believe his unravelling was massively expedited by repeated low blows taking his wind away

>Can't punch a man in the dick
>Thinks his sport is more useful in a street fight

SOG's pinpoint accuracy is frankly terrifying. like a seeker missile

streamable.com/9e87h

fuck yeah

>Plus I believe his unravelling was massively expedited by repeated low blows taking his wind away

i don't know why ward fans here can't understand that. have any of you ever been hit in the balls? your legs just go, you drop to the ground immediately and you feel paralyzed

Need to get that body count down
youtube.com/watch?v=fE9ly-yJv-Q

Kovalev was able to hurt Ward again late in the last fight, why wouldn't he be able to do it again?
Besides, Ward himself was tired and fairly inactive, they both had reached a slowed down pace because neither one was fresh, the fight was fairly competitive until that nut shot.
Yes fouls do happen and not all the time, they do happen every time Ward fights though but that's why the referee is there, to enforce the rules and reprimand the fighter that fouled, both things Weeks failed to do.

*takes deep breath in*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

saved

Kovalev should of taken a knee if he was really hurt, standing there and getting hit led to the early stoppage

yeah, stop that fight man COZ HOMIE IS GONNA REKT THAT DICK. Shit stoppage, jesus christ

What am I supposed to be getting from this?
People who overdose and kill themselves being compared to murderers, why would they even make that comparison?

>Be black
>Have 80 IQ
>Unable to understand the nuances of boxing

Worst stoppage I have ever seen.

>Vargas got attention when, during a fight against Trenton Titsworth, Vargas was kissed on the neck and he responded by hitting Titsworth during the break. Titsworth was docked two points, Vargas one

He trusted the referee to make the correct call

youtube.com/watch?v=gmEs5u--d3E

To claim that blacks don't understand boxing is pretty rich. They're clearly the most successful race in the sport

ward is such a piece of fucking shit

>if
You can clearly see that he was.
>taken a knee
What so Weeks can call a knock down and give Ward an extra point in a close fight? Don't even think that Weeks wouldn't have give how he acted.
That would have just rewarded Ward an extra point for fouling.
Why the fuck are you criticizing the guy that was fouled instead of the fouler and the referee that failed to do his job?
That bullshit is all over social media saying the guy that was wronged was the guy in the wrong, with a million criticisms of what he should have done instead of calling out the two guys that did the wrong.
The onus is on Kovalev for not having handled a fouling opponent and a corrupt referee correctly instead of those scumbags? Fuck you guys.

see
looks even worse there lol. ridiculously blatant shit

Wrong.

Which was a mistake because he wasn't complaining enough. When Ward stopped earlier because he was expecting the ref to take a point off him for a low blow and the ref said carry on he should of either punched him back in the balls or complained rather than bending over to exaggerate it. Then he was winded just walking around being hit

Here's the finish in case anyone missed it

Who would you say are? Hispanics/Mestizos?

just curious, what is your reaction to do you think it's low?

>all these ouldas
it's just a match, relax