Is there already a movie with a pathetic, unappealing good guy opposing an incredibly charismatic...

Is there already a movie with a pathetic, unappealing good guy opposing an incredibly charismatic, cool bad guy who is clearly fucking evil but you kind of keep rooting for the bad guy regardless?

Just cause he is just that much more awesome than the plain, dull, unattractive good guy?

It should not be treated as a comedy. I want the audience to be conflicted that theyre picking the bad guy just based on superficials.

Why does this not exist?

Am i being too futuristic?

I think its a marvelous concept.

why are the two at odds?

Do you mean why they are fighting each other to begin with or do you mean that there would be no conflict for the viewer?

I basically want the viewer to know that their sense of righteousness is a joke. I want to expose their husk of morality by showcasing that theyd very well side with evil if its presented in a appealing enough package.

I want the general public to realize how shallow they are.

you're the cuck that posts all the blacked shit aint ya?

sounds good. people can be very fake about that kinda thing and its really bothersome.

but yeah why are the two fighting each other? it seems like a real 80s style high school cliche. does the cool bad guy give the lovable ugo wedgies too? i mean whats the point? i just mean we're at a point where it being 2016 and all, people are just people. theres no harden fast rules and things have never been more lax when it comes to being different and even unattractive. if anyone knows about playing the victim well.. i dunno how often i do but i sure know i can spot it well and the unappealing guy may be trying to play that role. just an opinion.

The Harry Potter series fits this description.

>>Why does this not exist?
Because it's not an interesting concept

OK, i can see where you are coming from, but the events should unfold in a dark, more unsettling, unforgiving world. Maybe its a race against time. The villain wants to do something exceedingly evil bit he does it with such flair and vigour that its really kind of marvellous .

In contrast you have the hero, someone you could never be friends with, someone unworthy of being your hero. His only real redeeming quality is that he's the hero. What are you gonna do?

I hate how good is often portrayed by someone who the audience can relate to and symphatize with. Even if the villain is more charismatic, you can still comfortably root for the good guy. Thats really superficial Hollywood BS.

I want to take that foodhold away. There is one guy you absolutely adore but he's evil. And there,s one guy you detest but he's your hero.

You will root for evil because thats what superficial people do when it comes down to it. The public cares more about the package than the content.

sounds good but all youve got is character arcs. not even characters to be honest. whats the plot?

and now that i think about it, the villain is usually the better looking more alluring character. hollywood knows what its doing user. everything has been done before. the hero is always the downtrodden underdog who has to scrape to get it together. your trope is extremely common on second thought.

Star Wars (especially the OT)
Avatar (Quatrich did nothing wrong)
Any man eating animal movie
Man of Steel (Zod)
The Patriot (Those fucking Brits)
Hunchback of Notredame (Disney)
Star Trek into the Darkness
US presidential election 2016

There's not a movie, but there's an anime like that. It's called Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Seikatsu.

Street Fighter

All those random forgettable good guys vs M. Bison

Shoot em up

Fair question. I will still have to work on that.

And yes, the villain is often beter looking than the average or underachieving protagonist, but the protagonist has never been terrible looking, especially unappealing or with barely any redeeming qualities.

Because otherwise it would make the viewer 'uncomfortable'.

>Star Wars (especially the OT)
Luke is a fucking bishonen.

I thought about it a little and one might be the Watchmen with shitty Rorshach vs Ozymandias and Citizen Kane, with the reporter as the protag.
Perhaps Cuckoos nest as well.

right. the protag is usually more quirky than ugly. but its not all that tough to polish a turd desu.

3 o'clock high.

The Assassination of Jesse James etc. fits this description pretty closely.

Yeah that guy was pretty hardcore. I bet he could finish a marathon.

Meant to reply to this post.