Legendary Pictures is going to adapt Dune

>Legendary Pictures is going to adapt Dune
How bad will this be?

Other urls found in this thread:

duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowskys-dune-uncovered
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw jodorowsky's dune will never be a reality

It'll inevitably suffer the same fate as david lynch's attempt. The studio will have it cut down to 130-some minutes and it'll turn out a mess.

I do enjoy the lynch version tho :^)

Thank God.
Like he said it himself, he was raping Dune.

Dune Cinematic Universe

cancelled after the sequel flops and/or the great Hollywood market crash of 2018 which is mathematically guaranteed to happen at this point

That's just a metaphor. Brian is the one doing the actual raping.

the deal places Herbert's children as executive producers

this shit is doomed from the start

He's still fucking up his father's work?

Godzilla/Kong/Sandworm crossover

>the great Hollywood market crash of 2018 which is mathematically guaranteed to happen at this point
I wish. Hollywood is guaranteed to keep existing and pumping out shit movies in perpetuity.

They're doing books for literally everything desu. It's never-ending. Spin-offs and origin stories and everything in-between.

It seems like it. Brian Herbert must be a bizarre man, an unimaginative writer who must me on some level aware of how much he is ruining his father's work by using cliches that have no place in the work and unnecessary details

Tbqh I think he developed a dune fetish as a teen and now he just writes them to vent his erotic fantasies.

Do you dumb fucks actually waste your time reading anything written by Brian Hebert? I read House Harkonnen 15 years ago when I was in middle school and immediately knew that it was trash.

Not only that senpai, I bought the prequel trilogy before reading it (on the assumption it would be good) and I still have it on my shelf. Though I keep it segregated from the original books.

I read his biography of his father, he seemed to have a cool relationship with his father until he was an adult, and if I remember correctly his desire to write came out of nowhere (he published his first book when he was 34). It's been several years since I read it and I don't have it on hand.

I really like the new forward he wrote for Dune. He clearly has a lot of reverence for his father's work. Now if only he could leave it alone.

Same, though I read a bit more than that, I was young and liked bad fantasy series, WoT, ASoIaF, Harry Turtledove, etc.

I should glance over his biography sometime, just to try and gleam a bit more about him; just to try and figure out what exactly goes through his mind when he writes that awful shit

If he had more reverence he would realize that Dune and its universe is more than just cheap science fiction novels, like those many Star Wars series

>read the butlerian jihad
>a few pages in
>hey this isn't too bad
>robot brain jar sex scene
>fucking wat

I still haven't finished it.

>Legendary Pictures
>Chinese owned
pass.

I'd like to see an HBO series on it though. As long as it didn't pass 3 seasons, since that's when HBO starts sucking hard.

well caught, busy mouser

I'm not ashamed to admit though that there are a few things in the prequel trilogies that I thought were fascinating in a good way, even if they weren't very good as whole novels, mostly in some little details. But of course other things were outright heresy.

They already tried it on television and it fucking sucked desu. I know Dune front to back, it's one of the few books that I can be drawn into no matter when or in what mood, and yet the miniseries bored the shit out of me.

that's sort of an interesting idea I hadn't thought of it. The major issue would be how to deal with the source material, if they attempted to break Dune into three seasons using the three books than there would be way too little. Yet trying to do Children of Dune or even God Emperor would be way too weird. Dune Messiah may work though, but the series would have to have more than one season to entice the network

that was on the Syfy channel, the channel best known for Sharknado and WWE.

With a decent budget, like from HBO, Showtime, or Starz it could be good.

It did very well for its limited budget, while not amazing or inspired I much preferred it to Lynch's. For some reason though, a couple things really stand out and bother me, such as no one ever wearing stillsuits outside, and the scene where Paul is mocking the Baron to Gurney Halleck which just seems amazingly out of character.

Good, watch the documentary he was going to shit all over it and it would have been awful

The studios are willing to make longer films these days if they reckon it will sell
And dune would be best split into two movies

D-Does Kevin J. Anderson have some involvement too?
>hold me user I'm scared

If it's meant to be one book, it's meant to be one movie. The emotional and thematic catharsis in Dune for both the characters and audiences work better in the context of one uninterrupted narrative. It makes for a better experience.

no. it wasn't a metaphor. Jodorowsky was trying to justify wanting to make a film of a book he hadn't read, and people pointed out that his script bore only a passing resemblance to the book, he doubled down and muttered more pseudo-mystical crap.

duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowskys-dune-uncovered

I know user I was trying to make a joke about Brian Herbert.

I think it could work in a two-part.

First movie ends with the escape from the harkonens and finding the fremen.