IM JUST GITTING STORTED!

IM JUST GITTING STORTED!

YEW LIDDLE FUCKAH!!

should i watch this or no

yes its in the vein of Total Recall without being memey

If you're bored and can't think of anything else to watch.

The movie got it's strenght, one of those is on both pictures, but it's not nearly as good as District 9.

It has amazing setpieces, great design and soundtrack but it's all over the place and camera is spazztic as fuck.

I dont get sci-fi power suits that don't have actual armor. Whats the point?

the exoskeleton is for super strength

Oh and Chappie was fucking retarded.

The last few minutes were dumb but the rest was pretty okay.

why do they need super strength when guns exist?

I ALWAYS WANTID A WOIFE

This was very close to being a classic but the black and white morality of the characters is infantile.

And that's very strange since District 9 was really odd in its avoidance of any kind of moral lessons.

This shit almost exist already.

IT'S ONLI A FLESHHH WUNNND

To punch stuff harder

It was perfect up until the end.

Aye woz gonna 'eel yah daughter, boot now isle make sur sheesh nevah 'eeled.

am i suffering from deja vu or is this a new meme im not aware of

Ya, how the fuck did he live through that

The armor in OP has all kinds of gadgets and gizmos, but in universe the exoskeleton enables humans to go toe to toe with robots up close, also maybe helps with handling the future weapons

Deja Vu

op watched Elysium and is now making 3 threads a day about it

God-tier gore.

IS BRAYNE IZ STEAL INTACK

Pretty sure after a grenade goes off mashing your face like that, your brain is mush

That was the movies explanation mate

Carry more bullets, or bigger guns, or more armour, or all 3.

Why do soldiers do exercise, dumbass?

did you like district 9 but felt it somehow wasnt hamfisted enough in its social commentary? then this movie is for you

JA YEW BETTA WATCH MAH FILLUM BOKKIE, I KNAOW YOU

YEW WUNNA COME TO MAI FOOKIN HOUSE AND PLAY!?

YA LES GO TO ELISIUM
IS LEKKER YUL DIGET

I blame Sony for the black and white morals.

Elysium was seriously a tiny handful of script changes away from being one of the greatest sci-fi films of all time. Make Vickus a little more relatable in his motives (something like "earth is fookin doomed, the only hope for any of us is up here where at least some of us might survive"), make Damon just a little bit more self-serving (a-la Vickus in District 9), and flesh out the moral grey area occupied by both the criminals AND the folks on Elysium, and it easily bests District 9.

Also, make it more ambiguous that all the brown subhumans getting the medpods at the end is a "good" thing, and hint at the upheaval awaiting society.

AKAN IS A CUNT

>Be planetary government
>build space utopia to escapee shitty earth and shitier refugees
>said refugees use any opportunity to send ships to space utopia
>decide that the only defence we should have is one guy, with a man portable rocket launcher

I was SO excited for this film. It turned out to be a steaming pile of dogshit. I was making fun of it constantly before the end while in the cinema. "I think Michael J Fox is the action scene cameraman!" etc.

Felt the same way watching, that it could have been great with more nuances instead of the "rich ppl r mean!" message.

Or, they should have just made it entire about Kruger and his pals getting into wacky military adventures

This is one of the very few movies with a bad story and mostly bad acting because of its universe and visuals.

I'm kind of scared this is all Blomkamp is and District 9 was a shot in the dark.

God I'm drunk.

One of the few movies I can enjoy with a bad story etc.

Life isn't like Call of Duty, son.

Why does he wear the armor?

>Or, they should have just made it entire about Kruger and his pals getting into wacky military adventures

This, with some grilling chicken and throwing beer bottles at Mexicans mixed in.

Sharlto is an ANIMAL

Reinforced brain lining or whatever.
He's been thru shit like that many times, think his employers wouldn't put a safeguard for just this?

It's amazing how he can play a betacuck who finally grows a pair in District 9 to the only good thing about Elysium.

-Actual Kino Tier-
>District 9

-Pretty Good Tier-
>Elysium

-Die Antwoord Tier-
>Chappie

-Why Wasn't This Ever Made Tier-
>H A L O

What's that Neil blonkamp film where the hero has superhuman powers but is running out of time?