Can we talk about how much of a fucking failure this album was, after 7 years of nothing?

Can we talk about how much of a fucking failure this album was, after 7 years of nothing?
>Too many featured artists, barely any of their own songs
>Uncreative politics in lyrics
>Sex-Murder-Party is one of the worst songs I think I've heard in a long time
>Damon is clearly not at all interested in the project anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gawKAeTayNY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We need another Blur album - The Magic Whip was great t b h

The only problem was Damon bringing in people with much less talent than him

Its just so boring. Maybe I'm seeing Demon Days through rose coloured glasses, but damn Gorillaz is all stroking and no climax

It did very well I thought, a critical and financial success? What you niggas on about

>we will never get another Plastic Beach

"Why should I sing, when I can just spend more money and have other people say my words for me?"

The Transformer movies are also financial successes. Fuck I even pre-ordered the album out of excitement in hopes that it was gonna be good. But just because it sold well doesnt mean it's good, i mean shit have you seen Billboard's Top 100 lately?

This album worked better live, which I think I remember reading was the whole point. Went to see them when they came to town, even though I really hated the initial listen. My whole perspective changed. I agree the album itself is shit, but now I can listen to it and relive the live experience and it is just as good as any other major gorillaz album.

it wasn't nearly as good as it should be but the hate over it is exaggerated

feelsbadman

>maybe I’m just seeing Demon Days through rose coloured glasses
You’re not, I listened to Demon Days for the first time a year ago and it’s one of my favorite albums now. It’s a damn fine hip hop record, extremely well produced, with just the right amount of features. Humanz is just hot garbage

it was pretty meh

not horrible, but nothing special either. there were a few good songs off of it but it was mostly mediocre as fuck. the political shit couldve been expressed a lot better (such as in Dirty Harry or Plastic Beach as a whole). a bit too many bad features, too, and way too little of 2D. still loved busted and blue, though

I think he knows it is mediocre, I saw them the other day and the first 7 songs were all from older albums and they only played like 6 new songs total
They also played Hong Kong and Demon Days which was sick

I don't think it was a failure musically but it certainly failed to deliver on the hype. I would have damon much rather come out and tell everyone "I'm not interested and know that if I'm forced to do another gorillaz album it won't have the same passion as the previous ones" rather than try and please the people who have been DEMANDING a new album for 7 years. You can tell right from the cover art he just simply wasn't interested during production. He personally played it safe and brought on a bunch of young "talent" to try and be creative for him. Some of the only good tracks on the album are the ones where the featured artists are just doing their thing and damon doesn't have much influence.

>failure
Agree with most of the songs, but there's a few that were alright. I wouldn't call it the worst thing to come from Gorillaz though.

Let's just hope the new album coming out next year's gonna be good.

yea the politics were the problem exactly

Magic Whip is the only Blur album I can listen to all in one sitting. It's a 9/10.

I really dislike the filter Damon is using for majoity of his vocal roles as 2D.

Overall the Fall is a better album only due to the fact that I can listen to the Fall in one sitting. Humans has much better songs, but Sex-Muder-Party really ruins the entire experience, among other songs.

>6 new songs
That's actually more than a lot of artists do. Usually I hear like 4-5.

The filter is overused to hell and back. Especially compared to S/T or DD. Eben the few tracks that weren't just shit were ruined by the exact same vocals every fucking time from Albarn. The album is awful.

Thank you for ruining my day user

Fuck you guys, this album is the best Gorillaz album to date.

I love how Damon sampled the Chris Bores and expressed his love for Dr. Pepper

No, I don't want more Gorillaz. I want my The Good, The Bad, and The Queen

You have to go back reddit

>years ago decide to listen to feel good inc on a whim
> love it and listen to all of their albums
>get really into music and spend hundreds on dacs and headphones
>humanz announced-hyped and pre ordered deluxe edition
>tfw "pull up to the pad wipe my ass with the flag"
Atleast I'll always have Dare.

I personally really enjoyed busted and blue and submission

i don't want talk about bad music

>>tfw "pull up to the pad wipe my ass with the flag"

best song on the album retard

Just goes to show how terrible the album was if you think that was the best song.

Where the fuck did this song come from? Actually enjoy this one, I know it's new but it wasn't on Humanz.

youtube.com/watch?v=gawKAeTayNY