Cricket, to me, is an epic. It is unlike any other sport. Every single match is like a total battle between two teams...

Cricket, to me, is an epic. It is unlike any other sport. Every single match is like a total battle between two teams, with battles within battles all over it. As Ian Chappell said, cricket is not a team sport, it is an individual sport played in groups. It is the sum of one team versus the sum of the other.
T20 is shit. Sometimes I have to walk around it and be like "eh it's okay" as to not offend people but being brutally honest, it's fucking garbage. It's all luck and power, there's no grace or subtlety or finesse. Cricket is elegant and smooth and skilful. T20 is brash and crude and juvenile. Whenever I watch a T20 I see no slips, no catchers, no interesting tactics. I see a bowler bowling a rank full toss, a batsman slashing aimlessly at it and getting caught. A bad ball, a bad shot - a wicket. It's almost always like that. A good ball in test cricket is beautiful.
To me, cricket is insanely unique and all of the uniqueness in it is in Test cricket and only test cricket. ODIs are this lame middle ground that honestly manage to be even worse than T20s at times. If you want wild swinging for the hills and bowlers deceiving batsmen with pace, watch baseball. Seriously, there is basically no difference between T20 and baseball. You want ""tight finishes"" watch basketball. T20 is an attempt to make cricket like every other sport on the planet and it sucks all of the things that make it unique and beautiful out of it. Imagine if golf made all the holes 2m wide and the courses 3 holes long. Imagine if tennis changed scoring to first to 10 rally wins is the winner. Imagine if rugby removed the penalty goal. Cricket shouldn't be about explosions and cheerleaders, because there are so many other sports that do that stuff so much better. Cricket is about tea and strike rates of 42 and leaving the ball and Alastair Cook and seam positions and how many slips you need and complex fluid dynamics. That's why I like it.

didn't read lol

In summary, it's the ultimate form of the game of cricket simply because it is the only form that is distinctly cricket. T20 and ODIs were invented to appeal to people who aren't cricket fans, and thus they are often more other sports than they are cricket. Cricket is supposed to be tedious and long-winded and epic and five days and all that shit, that's why it's good. T20 is just a diluted version because not everyone likes that shit.

Lol is this a copypasta

Daniel's thoughts on test cricket

To me, cricket is the ultimate foreplay. Whenever I bring home a lover, I hand he a bat and I bowl as best I can. The sheer eroticism of trying to defend your wickets from an aggressive bowler drives women wild. The thrill of the hunt and such.

Shit pasta

Now that pasta that not only pumps up cricket but shits on baseball is 10/10

Your describing the ONLY good thing to have ever come out of /cric/

Not him but OG goosepasta was pretty good as well

that wasn't even made on /cric/
t. turned it into a pasta

That's funny since /rug/'s entire "culture" has been appropriated from /cric/ and /nrl/

/rug/ is the heart and sole of /cric/

I will fucking stab you.

Well, here's an everyday /rug/ thread. Please go ahead and link all the nrl and cric-inspired posts.
Or are you just fill of shit.

didn't get passed the first post without seeing an appropriated post

you're just a seething newcunt that has no recollection of what 2012 au/sp/ culture was and so you think that /nrl/ is fresh and unique

it's quite sad really

reminder that I know for a FACT that almost every kiwi on Sup Forums is a freshcunt straight off the boat from reddit and facebook within the last 18 months

What's sad is you clinging on to a dead tripfag culture from 5 fucking years ago you sad cunt. Your life literally hasn't moved for 5 years.

Kek

lmoa

There's a reason you don't see that same shit in /cric/ or /nrl/ anymore. People have moved on. /rug/ clings to outdated memes and gimmicks and that is what I'm pointing out

I look forward to your furious reply, which I will NOT be reading

Australians are pussy ass niggers.

>"kek" is appropriated from /cric/nrl/
Okayyy

Link some.
Or are you just full of shit.

>I look forward to your furious reply, which I will NOT be reading
>tfw I pioneered that phrase

It's a good one

kek
KEK
K E K
K-E-K

Australians don't really post much on Sup Forums anymore because they're so shit at every sport and shitspouter bullied them away.

What little number of them left hide in /nrl/ and /afl/

>Australians only post in the only threads they ever posted in
woah

Good ol shitspouter. He may be a total shitter, but at least he's not poopeelian.

bump

I use it a fair bit lad you've done good.