I finally watched this film

I finally watched this film.

Remind me why the old guy is considered the bad guy? Was I supposed to feel sorry for the protagonists?

Guy was a vet, fought for his country, went blind, lost his daughter to a rich spoiled girl who wouldn't see jailtime, then has his house broken into, they steal his money, they make him kill the girl who was supposedly going to be set free after giving birth, they pretty much killed his dog and severely injured him, all in a day's work.

The protagonists were the real bad guys

yeah but she was a single mother so she deserves to get everything she wants without working for it or having to pay any consequences, just exactly what year do you think it is OP?

Yeah yeah you're a Sup Forums poster who empathizes with killers as long as they are justified in your mind.

We get it.

watching, I remember thinking the entire time that these punk kids being the 'heroes' of the story didn't make sense, because they're literally just criminals. then the movie takes that really hard left about him abducting the chick and turkey basting her, it almost felt like we were supposed to be totally surprised and the burglars' actions justified when really, everyone was shitty and at fault.

That scene at the end where she's safe and happy and shit was retarded. She didn't deserve that any more than she deserved to be impregnated while suspended in mid air.

Take your (you), but the white kid mentions right at the top that bringing a gun gave the blind dude full clemency should he shoot and kill all of them.

>The guy who locked some girl up for a couple years to use her uterus was the REAL good guy you guise!!

This is your brain on the alt-reich folks.

Pretty shitty movie btw. I'll agree that the protagonists weren't very sympathetic and that their backstory was hilariously rushed.

in exchange for losing his daughter he got enough money to never have to work again

>thinking every film needs heroes and bad guys

Just get out.

It was in Michigan, don't they have death penalty in there? She would have probably gotten it for killing the guy's daughter, or at least a life sentence. I'd trade in a pregnancy for up to 25 years in jail any day of the week.

Also can you even impregnate a woman like that? The guy didn't even kept his Semen in a freezer, pretty sure sperm dies in literally 5-10 seconds outside of the testicles/vagina.

The bigger question is what was Alex even doing in there?

His dad owned the security company, it looked like a nice house, he didn't needed the money. And why didn't Rocky ever reported her mom? She would have been sent to jail for child neglect, Rocky would have obtained custody of her sister and they would have been granted welfare to live at least a decent life.

>he thinks he would've really let the girl go after she gave birth

What do you think she would have done the moment she got out? Anyone with half a brain knows that he was going to kill her the moment he got the baby so she wouldn't run to the cops.

The guy was insane

>The bigger question is what was Alex even doing in there?
>His dad owned the security company, it looked like a nice house, he didn't needed the money. And why didn't Rocky ever reported her mom? She would have been sent to jail for child neglect, Rocky would have obtained custody of her sister and they would have been granted welfare to live at least a decent life.

Yes this is all part of the badly rushed and poorly done backstory

The real offender here is how the hell did the blind man managed to kidnap the girl

I think both sides are horrible.

Yeah OP your right on this one. I just finished watching the movie and I knew from the start that the so called "protagonists" are really the bad guys here.

Now before you autists give me (you)'s explaining how the old man was the really the bad guy by kidnapping the girl and trying to impregnate her with his cum, you have to realize that the man was a war veteran who fought and nearly die for country and was given no reconganization for his service nor his bravery and was serverely blinded by grenade fragments.

The only person left in his world was his daughter and gets killed by some rich brat girl. Girl gets Mr.shekelstein and his get of jail free card and girl goes free.

Government only gives him 300k for his daughter's death, even cases with fucking 3rd degree burns from McDonald's coffee goes up in the millions in settlement money

Then 3 punk burglars come and break into your home and try to steal your money.

The only thing the old man did that was objectively wrong was kidnapped the rich brat girl and try to impregnate her and even that was more of revenge

In reality Old Man did nothing wrong

The man had 300k in cash. He could have just got the baby and just left and erase his identity and start a new life

You are right, that's why [/spoiler]they made him a kidnapper[/spoiler] [/spoiler]and a rapist[/spoiler]

All i know is that the fucking beta faggot has one huge annoying faggot face and deserved every single fatal shot he got. Faggot beta got himself killed for a small chance of getting inside some druggie rosties pants.

that was her sister

i personally feel the movie wouldve been better if wed seen it from his point of view up until the point they got into the basement, then it changed into their perspective and they had no backstory, would've been an unconventional twist that would've served the film better then 3 degenerates robbing a blind vet.

how did he kidnapped the first girl?

>excuse me miss I'm a poor blind man that needs to get home but I've got an inner ear infection and I'll turned around, could you please take me home? I know it's a lot to ask but I'm old and blind :(

This was another 6/10 movie that the millennial generation thinks is awesome for some reason. Lump it in there with Green Room and Blue Ruin and the like.

>Was I supposed to feel sorry for the protagonists?

No

I thought it was well made and pretty tense. Both the protagonists and the blind guy were "bad," and I had no sympathy for the protagonists because they were degenerate home-invading burglars. But that's okay because the old man fucked them up. The only thing that pissed me off is that Rocky got away with all the guy's money.

They were all bad guys. Who did Fede intend for us to root for? I get the idea they wanted us to choose, but I just couldn't agree with either.

I think we're meant to think she killed his daughter from texting while driving or something, not purposefully running her over

The old man was a psycho who had a dungeon with an abducted girl. He was the baddie.

Wait, blind war veterans aren't supported by the state in Murrica?