Is it Kino?

The height of late 90s television

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NfkGgI0HiTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0EZj7yrdXxU&t=2m17s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably the best Transformers series ever made

Mainframe Entertainment was the shit. Beast Wars, ReBoot, Shadow Raiders/War Planets, all God Tier shows.

I loved this shit as a kid. I had a lot of the toys too.

sucked. you all suck.

I vaguely remember it.
I wanna say it came on around the same time as Eek the Cat, so I never really watched it much.
I"ve never been much of a Transformers guy. Exo Squad was my shit though.

Yeah it was pretty fucking awesome

Dinobot forever

Someone knows their shit

>vegeta fan
>dinobot fan
I bet you were a loser in school

>I guess we'll have to do this the old fashioned way...
>BRUTALLYYYYYYYYYY

That's just one of those random quotes that's stuck with me over the years. I'm pretty sure it's from episode 1.

BASED

Rattrap fan, manlet detected

He's no winner here

Who are these other characters Pepe's hanging out with? I thought these guys were his f&m

He lived a warrior and died a hero.
May his spark find the matrix...the greatest of Cybertron.

pic related
this

Beast Machines sucked though

Beast Machines was good as its own show, but it was a shit sequel.

I absolutely agree.

Did anyone watch the recent Transformers 2D animated series with the little girl? There are some diehard fans on Sup Forums but it looks like dogshit to me

Why'd he have to die so soon?

It was weird like the creator hated guns and took them all away from the good guys.

Transformers Animated? I'm told it's supposed to be good, but I haven't personally seen it.

>Tell my story... and tell it fully. All of it, the good and the bad. Let history be the judge...

>...The rest, is silence...

>No beast wars nostalgia milking like G1 gets

Because he was a shitty starscream knockoff and Tarantulas was a far better traitor bad guy character

>Shadow Raiders end on a cliff hanger
>Reboot as well

Shit sucks.

>getting the quote wrong
>not hearing Dinobot's voice reading the line in your head the second you think of it

Someone hasn't seen enough Season 2.

Yeah, that's the one

1. His toy sold like shit
2. 3. His story was already played out and offered nothing near the transmetal arc.

At least with Shadow Raiders it's not as big of a cliffhanger as ReBoot. Sure, the Beast Planet is still out there eating shit, but it's on the other side of the universe and is now someone else's problem.

Pure cybertron-kino.

Let's be completely honest and say that the late Transmetal-series Beast Wars toys are probably the greatest non-masterpiece Transformers ever made.

I'm 30 years old and live in a house with my fianceƩ now, but I still have my Optimal Optimus sitting on my dresser next to my Masterpiece Prime. Somewhere at my parents' place, Tigerhawk, Rampage, and Depth Charge are collecting dust.

Beast Wars was comfy AF.

Beast Wars as a whole was one of the best lines ever once it got going. Even then some of the flipchangers were great like Insecticon and Iguanus.

On the one hand I'm waiting for a Generations Inferno, but on the other his existing toy is still great and matches his animation model perfectly.

These are 100% correct opinions.

Beast Machines was phenomenal as a standalone, and an absolute fucking travesty as a sequel to Beast Wars.

although we all would have cummed buckets if the matrix sent Primal G1 Prime's body for the final showdown against Optimal Optimus-Megatron, and watching a technorganic G1 Prime kicking the living shit out of Optimal Optimus would be a GOAT moment for transformers shows

G1 Megatron would have been even better.

Canadian kids' TV shows couldn't have "War" in their name, so we got

>Beasties

youtube.com/watch?v=NfkGgI0HiTQ

If you didn't realize Dinobot was the Tommy of that universe you were stupid and if you didn't like Tommy the eternal ranger you must be gay dweeb.

They could have done anything fun but chose not to.

Ahh yesss the best thread on Sup Forums finally shows itself. Truly the Cybertron-kino we deserve yesss, unfortunately Optimus Primal you have lost. The Beast Wars are over, the golden discs are mine and you read this entire post in my voice

If you scrap your enemies, they win.

I had his toy...

Funny enough Fox Kids would censor the show while YTV was unedited.

sure did

checked

checkd

lmao

It had good episodes, kind like Clone Wars, but the whole was disappointing considering the high bar set by BW.

It feels very early 00's, and I don't mean the animation, it's a product of its era: its Al-Gorian environmentalism, its scaling down of (armed) violence after Columbine and its pre-dotcom bubble optimism about technology literally solving world's problems. Its finale was stretched too much, but hey, it's the only completely conclusive Transformers finale so far (and I guess it doubles as a finale for the original series).

check'd and respekt treudough

i remember getting super super pissed off that they never added more characters to their roster. all those pods circling around the planet, they should have had more characters dammit

and then they end the show with them leaving and just telling all their allies and random innocent sleeping bots to fuck off, they dont even bother mentioning them or trying to retrieve them before they go

well done

And all those amazing toys that never showed up, like Powerpinch and Razorclaw.

>a black leader
Why was the 90s so cucked?

>its soo gen Y in this thread

>checked
and exactly, ithink it pissed me off even more knowing that they already had the characters designed and ready to go, why not just add them to the show, even if they were just cannon fodder or rarely showed up, that would be fine with me

>the one black guy in the cast
>voiced a white tiger

i get your joke, but optimus was obviously supposed to be white
tigertron was the black guy

Was War Planets the one with the people who had burning heads? I remember seeing it a few times but I never got through a full episode for some reason.

One of the races had burning heads, yes. I preferred Beast Wars and ReBoot over Shadow Raiders, but it was still a great show.

>Beast Wars is very nearly 20 years old
>I still remember collecting Madman's DVDs for the 10th anniversary.

>tfw I'm watching Madman's Season 1 set right now.
>tfw this thread inspired it

On Equal Measures now.

It's a shame Rampage wasn't given more development. He was an interesting character.

this

pure kino

Sup Forums really decimated all the other boards, didn't it? We have a fucking Beast Wars thread on Sup Forums. That's insane!

That ending to war planets with the prison planet teleportation was perfect

who are you quoting

For me it doesn't have a moment as good as the Beast Wars moment, but it does have a very good moment, and on average it's a good show, and I would not argue with anyone who says it's better than Beast Wars.

ah, that EXTREME 90s guitar.

Speaking of which
>this part of Agenda Part 2 was originally supposed to play the rock rendition of the G1 theme song from the movie when ravage transforms into the cassette tape
>couldn't get the rights so they just had xtreme 90's guitar
youtube.com/watch?v=0EZj7yrdXxU&t=2m17s

Kid me would have creamed myself if they were able to pull that off

Can't forget Exosquad. Space nazis wanting to take over earth.

FOR THE COLONY

Legitimately my favourite character from the entire Transformers mythos. It was lucky his toy shelfwarmed so much that I was able to get one as late as 2000. I'm still mystified as to why it shelfwarmed though, since I can't see any kid actually seeing the show and not wanting him.

I never noticed how much this show was inspired by Star Trek. Hell Megatron is Khan in purple dinosaur form.

It really should have been its own thing. They made everyone completely unrecognizable, and I'm not just talking about their appearances.

Best of the best of early CGI-kino

his transmetal version was the true shelfwarmer

KEK the kaiser laughs at you plebeian
but is also pushing through reforms to the tax system

To be fair it wasn't one of the better Transmetals, nor did it have a memorable character behind it.