Primer

Did Sup Forums like this?

Pure kino

It's alright

Not bad. Got a little bogged down in its own mechanics. I liked Upstream Color more because it did the opposite, glossing over the process in favor of the results and where you go from there, though I guess the process was central to Primer.

> literally don't say "time travel" the movie

It was fairly retarded. 5/10 maybe if you're really bored. Being harder to follow than other films doesn't make it better or deeper or whatever.

Story is top tier, but I didn't like the editing at the end, it looks like a mess

It was tooo intellijent

It doesn't really pretend to be art like that piece of shit upstream color, so If you like complicated stories and time travel I guess it's decent. I personally didn't care for it

coherence was better

It was a great low budget movie. Felt like one of those complicated magic tricks where you see everything that happens but you still don't quite get how it works and end up feeling pleasantly bewildered.

It's well shot, acted and written. Especially given the fact its pretty much a student film with zero budget.

It's also a double layer (or even triple layer story). As in a second story emergence on additional viewings.

Most people who hate it just tried to watch it once, got lost and gave up. Which is a shame because its beauty is in multiple viewings.

I haven't seen it yet. I can't remember if it was any good. Should watch it again.

>I haven't seen it yet

>I can't remember if it was any good
>Should watch it again.

>remember
>again

>I haven't seen it yet

Quite literally the only movie i've ever been genuinely unsettled by.

Primer, the post.

Good, also the one with the photograph machine was good too. There was one movie with multiple realities which was really good too though not time travel it had a similar feel to Primer.

>tfw to intelligent to watch primer

>I liked Upstream Color
Why bother writing an opinion after that? Nobody is going to take you seriously.

it's good

>$7500

this

yes, it is kino

Its a good mindfuck but its so cheaply made you have to wonder id Carruth should just remake it. Move the setting to a techno type near future and it could make 100 mil

If anyone has questions for Shane Carruth, they should probably ask me.

Hey Shane, why are you such a hack? When's your first good movie coming out? Will you keep shilling your crap on here?

I admired it rather than liked it

I loved it.

4/10

Finally an occasion to post this

i liked the parts that i didn't understand

it's perfect as is

great for a low budget flick
if you ever wondered what it would be like if you and your broski invented a time machine this is pretty much it

Not the same dude but Upstream Color is probably the greatest science fiction film of the last 20 years

I liked it. There's another Shane Carruth movie called A Topiary that's too high budget to be made as of yet, you can find the script for it online.

God upstream color was such fucking drivel. why people pretend to like it is beyond me.

pleb detected

It was my understanding that there would be no math.

pleb detected

TFW to intelligent for Primer

pleb detected

no you're not faggot

This is a bad idea.

For all the critics: the budget was fucking $7,000. Let's see the movie you make for $7,000.

kek