Why the FUCK is Sup Forums not talking about pic related more?

Why the FUCK is Sup Forums not talking about pic related more?

This is basically Autechre if Autechre were less influenced by detroit techno/hip-hop and more by jungle/other UK dance music.

Cool dude

ye its my album of the year

was not expecting him to deliver an album this consistent and tight
i really enjoyed koch (far too long though) and his previous albums, wasn't keen on his last EP
felt like the people he was putting out on his label were making better stuff than he was
but this has proven me wrong, it's been a fantastic year for electronica
very few disappointments, i thought the new actress was gonna be crap, but i ate my own fist when it came out and revealed itself as one of his best records

only thing that disappointed me this year was the new m.e.s.h. record, i just can't fuck with his albums like his eps

but yeah back to this record holy fuck those first 5 or 6 tracks flow into each other perfectly

>Sup Forums
>talking about electronic music outside the regular warp/flying lotus stimulus

It's really good yeah, definitely in my top 10. probably number 1 electronic album, god knows it's not the new Elysia Crampton record

But it's definitely more idm than bleep stuff, I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it

>idm
Just admit you know fuck all about electronic music if you're using the term IDM

again, it's Sup Forums
i don't even bother coming here anymore outside of the semi-regular ae threads

Even if it's kind of an inherently meaningless term, it gets across the idea that the music is leftfield and not necessarily dance oriented. Sperging out over the term is kind of silly, you know exactly what it means.

15 years ago this would have been a good album

>you know exactly what it means
Yeah, a term used by ignorant rockists to define every form of electronic music that appeals to them

What genre is Mnestic Pressure?

post-rave

>making up nonsense genres

i'm not really feeling it. i don't like Autechre either so whatever

Fuckin lmao

>post-rave

>dude stop tagging my music with dumb names!!!!!!!
>what do u call this man
>post-rave

Id listen to this but I can’t read that album cover

>not realising it's obviously not the same person

technically that's what people used to call artists like aphex twin and autechre before the IDM name caught on thanks to the IDM mailing list

ambient techno/jungle

Sup Forums doesnt discuss it regularly without people actually posting like single artist threads

>gets called out for being an aspie retard
>"lol u got b8d haha thats not meee lol!"

mate this is meDo you seriously believe that I would say post-rave?

>Land
we /lit/ now

>do you seriously believe
Yes. You're fighting over such petty shit that I could totally see you saying that

>That's not me
Riiiight

stopped my jazz to listen to this, better be fucking good OP

if the point of the cover is to literally destroy my eyes and make me go blind, then they've succeeded

>it's been a fantastic year for electronica
what are your favorites, user?

>hates "idm"
>suggests we replace it with "post-rave"
i don't have any reaction images right now but I would have attached something that indicates condescension and laughter

it's ok, the idea of subverting and twisting dance music into something recognizable but at the same time alien is old hat though. electronic artists have been doing this for decades.

Arca - Arca
Bjork - Utopia
SZA - CNTRL

lee gamble - mnestic pressure
egyptrixx - pure, beyond reproach
actress - azd
nico niquo - in a silent way
cadeu - de
visible cloaks - reassemblage
antwood - sponsored content
giant claw - soft channel
vrtua - loud formations

ep of the year is probably jade statues - my blade

jfc

good stuff

sorry, I should have clarified: what are your favorites from this year?

All those albums are from this year I think, and is clearly bait

bump