Who are objectively the top 5 producers of all time?

Who are objectively the top 5 producers of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/music/producer.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Johns
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1. Brian Eno

not sure about the rest

scaruffi.com/music/producer.html

Phil Spector
Brian Eno
Joe Meek
George Martin
Steve Albini

I agree with everyone in the top 5 except #1

>not even an honorable mention for brian wilson
Why do people take him seriously again?

>I do not count musicians who mostly produced for themselves such as Brian Wilson, Frank Zappa, Kanye West

Steve Albini is an engineer, not a producer.

Phil Spectre
Brian Eno
Brian Wilson
Steve Albini

Those are the only good producers I know

He might not like being called one, and he may be far more hands-off than both, but he's definitely a producer, albeit one whose chief role in that setting is as an engineer

I'm just going off of what albums are in my collection with great production
>Eno
>George Martin
>Steve Lillywhite
>Nick Lowe
>Steve Albini

I guess it depends on how you define the role of a producer. To me he basically sets up a recording environment and that's about it, the production side is kinda null. It's ultimately just semantics but he's always refused to be credited as such. Someone I know recorded with him a few years ago and apparently he literally is just Captain Mic Placement.

Albini is so based
>No royalties
>No interference
>Will record with literally anyone who can get to Chicago

Greg Norman
Randall Dunn
MF DOOM
Kurt Ballou
Daniel Lopatin

Apparently booking him was easier than working with him, he's v intense to the point where it just seems standoffish or indifferent. Gets results though so who knows/cares

Yeah he's a known cunt but his records sound great and he views his job as capturing the band's sound in a way that satisfies them. His work speaks for itself

Punk af

phil spector destroyed this album and george harrison regretted it until he died

unironically this

No mention of Andy "Golden Ear" Johns

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Johns

Why?
(unironically, I legit wanna understand)

This

Spector ruined a lot of records (End of the Century, Let It Be, etc.) and also is a fucking murderer so yeah fuck him

Eno
Parsons
Wilson (Probably the most impressive considering he also wrote, performed, conducted, arranged)
Martin
Spector (early work makes amends to his later butchery)

When did Brian Eno become a meme?

I mean, he's only one of the most influential and innovative producers in the 21st century

I don't know what you mean by that.